I'm not okay

Opposite of Fate

  It's six in the evening, thirty minutes before the Christmas party Baekhyun's gonna attend to starts, yet he is still on his usual plain black shirt and sweat pants, chin leaned on his arm placed on the corner of the window frame in their living room, while impatiently waiting for Luhan to come home. He already told his best friend about this earlier, and knowing the older, Luhan averred in coming with Baekhyun, but of course he had to say that he won't accept his accompaniment this time, and besides, the party is exclusive for writers only.

 

  Much to Baekhyun's thanks, the front door of their apartment opens, revealing his best friend's unusual tired state. Finally. Baekhyun sighed in gratefulness. “At the end of the process, you are back!”

 

  The elder’s eyes widen in disbelief. “B?!” You’re still here?”

 

  “As if I am gonna leave this digging alone.”

 

  “But, you have already done that several times already.” the elder said in a way that shows no feeling.

 

  “Today’s different. Larcenists are everywhere now, you moron.”

 

  “Got that from a writer.” Luhan smiles in an unpleasant way because he is glad about someone else’s trouble. “And…why are you still not dressed?

 

  “I was cooling my heels for you, you idiot. Anyway, now that you are here, I’m going to go get dressed so that I can move like jagger to the party.” Baekhyun laughs at his best friend in a way that is friendly and playful.

 

  “As if you will.” The older quiets for a while and then speaks up. “Hey, B!”

 

  Baekhyun responds from the room. “Hmm?”

 

  “Can I come?”

 

  There is a long ‘filled with emotion because of what’s going to happen’ pause before Baekhyun closes the door, all displayed in well-ironed suit. “I already told you about this earlier, Luhan-ssi.”

 

  “Yes, but---ugh. Okay. Enjoy and please bring food.” Left with nothing to gainsay, his best friend glumly complies, and plops his body down on the soft couch. Baekhyun not forcefully ruffles the elder’s hair, and grins sympathetically. Silly brat.

 

  “Okay. Take care and do not let any interposers to come barge in, okay? I’m going ahead.” With that said, the door shuts close, and the sound of Baekhyun’s engine is slowly fading, and Luhan is left plopped on the sofa of their living room.

 

 

 

 

  It’s exactly 6:30 when Chanyeol shuts the door of his house close, and settles himself inside his car. He is about to steer the wheel when his phone vibrates several annoying times in his pocket. He fishes it out, only to be greeted by his friends’ irritating messages (except for Xiumin).

 

  From: Gummy Kris

  “Hey, bish! I wanna come.”

  Chanyeol smirks in exasperation.

  To: Gummy Kris

  “Shut up, you giant gum. Write a book first, and then storm your way to the party, you .”

 

  From: Kai the Living Charcoal

  “I am pretty sure it’s cold there. You guys need my hotness. Can I come?”

  Chanyeol mentally curses as to how it was possible for him to build this kind of circle of immature idiots.

  To: Kai the Living Charcoal

  “They have me, er. Do not be blinded by your own skin.”

 

  From: Grandma Lay

  “Hey, Dumbyeol! Where are you going again? /thinking/ Oh! The party. Heh. What time is it again?”

  To: Grandma Lay

  “What the freaking hell are you talking about? Geez. You just don’t forget things, you are also making them up. There’s no party, you brain dead.” Chanyeol lied.

  Chanyeol shakes his head, and blows air inside his mouth in annoyance. He knows his friends too well. When it is about parties, they would storm their goddamn selves in like distinguished guests. It’s only Xiumin, the eldest among the circle, who does not give as much as the others about parties (only a bit, yes.)

 

  Eventually, Chanyeol’s lips curve into a wry grin as he reads the last message – well, he has to consider it as the last one, albeit his friends responded to his texts, too, but he thinks those are bull, anyway.

 

  From: Sehun’s sharp chin

  “Ya, Chanyeol! I know the others except Xiumin-hyung are ditching themselves to come with you at the party, so lemme excuse my self. I am in no mood. Well, I just want to remind you about something we talked about earlier. I’m pretty sure that Baekhyun guy is there, too. So, the moment is yours to chase, dude. Go tell him before other person’s going to shove his in his hole.”

 

  Chanyeol is having a second thought right now on what to feel – should he shut his fiend for talking about the brunette, or should he thanks him for letting the idea enter his ‘occupied with irritating texts’ mind, because really, it has not occurred to him that there’s a possibility Baekhyun would be there to, truth be told.

 

  To: Sehun’s sharp chin

  “Eh. Thanks, kid. And, I am not gonna let that happen He is mine.”

 

  Not even minding the other messages, Chanyeol places his phone back inside his pocket, and starts his car. He drives his way to the venue, anticipating the brunette’s presence, yet undeniably nervous and apprehensive about the confession plan.

 

 

 

 

  Baekhyun pulls a stop at the venue of the party. A pit stop for art lovers, this cultural space is known for its maze of alleys overflowing with shops that offer traditional paintings, sculptures, pottery, and souvenirs. Cultural performances and exhibits add a festive feel to Insa-dong’s artsy ambiance.

 

 Baekhyun is topped in his tracks when a hand caught his arm. Curious on who might the owner of the hand be, he turns around, only to be greeted by a person much taller than him, black hair perfectly styled, and a perfect outline of the nose line, and a smirking lips. Baekhyun’s breath hitches, and he chokes in humid air. He feels lost for a moment so he shakes his head, and stares at the man in front. “T-Tao?!”

 

 

 

 

  Chanyeol halts his car at the back of another car, which is quite familiar to him. Incontestably, it is – it is the same car he saw in front of Daegu High School yesterday, when he saw Baekhyun for the third time, and when he kissed—Damn. Baekhyun’s car. Chanyeol feels his heart going feral inside his chest. His gaze gallivants around the area, checking if his Baekhyun is still near. Wait, his? Yes, his. Baekhyun is his.

 

  Chanyeol’s heart flies faster when he saw the brunette’s figure just two meters away from his car. He steps out of his own cart, and fares his way to his catch. Unlooked-for, Chanyeol is morbidly surprised by what he saw the next. Is he too late? Is Baekhyun afore taken? He can feel his limbs go asthenic as he watches the other as hell guy take Baekhyun’s hand in his and walks their way inside. His brunette. He just mislaid his Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

  “Hey, babe. Miss me?” The Tao guy leans forward, and Baekhyun can feel his breath so he immediately looks away.

 

  “Yah, Tao! Do not call me that./ We’re over.” Baekhyun gives the other a look. Much to Baekhyun’s surprise, Tao catches his wrist, the slowly slips his hand to lock his finbgers with Baekhyun’s. Gasping, Baekhyun tries to pry his hand away from the taller’s hold. “Dammit! Get your hand off me.” No response. “Tao-ya! Let me go.”

 

  “No! Do not worry, babe. We’ll just go party.” Tao reassured Baekhyun without looking at him (not that it even matters, though), and keeps on holding his hand. Defeated, Baekhyun heaves a distressed sigh.

 

 

 

 

  

Chanyeol dumpily walks a meter back to his car. His eyes look dark and empty, and it feels like his heart stops beating, making him feel like he can not see the sun’s rays anymore. Chanyeol opens his car door in attempt to go home and just forget this night happened, and maybe – just maybe – forget Byun Baekhyun. But to no avail. His mood suddenly changes (from gloomy to angry), and he closes the door shut again, really hard.

 

  “! ! !” Chanyeol cursed. He claws his face in absolute lunacy. He wants to punch the guy that brazenly took Baekhyun’s hand with his, kick his ball, shove a hose in his – kill him. That guy. him. Chanyeol wants to get Baekhyun, because Baekhyun is his (albeit it is just pure self-proclamation).

 

  He snaps out of his sense when his vision became fuzzy, a steam of salty liquid oozes out of his eyes. Tears. Tears? Chanyeol is crying? God. This is embarrassing. He harshly wipes off the liquid before he can have a taste of grasp about how salty the situation is.

 

  “Uh, excuse me, sir?” a voice from up close called. Chanyeol forestalls his gaze to figure out who’s talking.

 

  “Hmm?” Chanyeol answered imperturbably.

 

  “Are you, by any means, part of the aprty?”

 

  “Yes.”

 

  “Uh, if you’re mislaid, sir, the venue is there.” The guard points a hand to one of the cafes around the area.

 

  At first, Chanyeol vacillates to go. He does not want to see Baekhyun with that guy anymore. It hurts more than hell. But, on the side note, his heart tells him he has to. His solitary purpose here is to confess. He won’t let this night end with him sulking inside his room, or drink the morbidity to death. Ostensibly yes, but if he will follow his heart, at least it will not be hefty, because finally, Baekhyun knows.

 

  “Oh. Thank you.” He retorted and starts walking his way to the venue. I got to find Baekhyun. Park, you’re not an idiot, you jerk.”

 

  As soon as he steps in the elbow room, a modest volume of music and mixed beats greet him, which is quite atypical, because usually, the clangourous noise would hit him hard on the eardrums. Chanyeol shakes the thought off. This is no time for explication.

 

  He proceeds on walking, and examining the whole place, in hope to find his property – maybe not anymore. Half an hour pass of his despondent voyage and Chanyeol feels like giving up. He launches his shoulders down, and takes one last look around. Providentially, his gaze falls on a familiar figure (or two) just a good 10 meters away from where he is standing.

 

  His heart races, but this time it’s not because he found the brunette – well, it is part – but because the guy who was shamelessly holding his Baekhyun’s hand a while ago is now dry-humping him. Chanyeol battings his way to the too figures. As soon as he gets there, he pushes the guy hard before he launches his burning fist hard on the guy’s face.

 

 

 

 

  As they are walking towards the venue, Baekhyun can feel Tao’s hand sluggishly making its way up to his waist. With no further ballyhoo, he shoos it away harshly, and gives the other an annoyed look. With that alone, Tao proceeds in holding Baekhyun’s hand, and hales him to a table upright to the DJ’s booth and the café station.

 

  “Waiter!” the taller called out. The waiter comes walking subsequently. “Tequila, please!”

 

 “Okay, sir.”

 

  Tequila? Baekhyun thought. What the hell is tequila doing in a café? As if he reads the brunette’s mind, Tao said, “This is the only café I know that sales tequila.”

 

  “I see.” Baekhyun travels his gaze around the area, and what meets his gaze are two types of writers – the one that doesn’t like partying too much, like him, and the one that gulps a tall glass of bourbon in ne go. To say the least, he is too caught up by his solitude that he actually does not have any idea what Tao has in mind.

 

  The taller leans closer to the brunette, smirking while tracking Baekhyun’s facial features with his eyes. He attempts to lean more for a quick peck on the smaller’s lips when, auspiciously, the waiter comes with a tray of tequila on his hand, stopping Tao from his conspiracy (and Baekhyun from his seclusion).

 

  “Here is your tequila, sir!”

 

  “Thank you.” The younger answered, sounding a bit infuriated but keeps a straight face. He drinks his in one go, and notices the brunette didn’t touch his. “Babe, are you not going to drink that?”

 

  Baekhyun throws piercing stares at Tao. “One, I said do not ever ing call me ‘babe’, because darn it, Tao, we’re over. And finally, you freaking know I do not drink.”

 

  “Okay. Okay.” The taller lobs his hand in the air. “At least, do it for an ex-boyfriend?’ Baekhyun just looks at him blankly. “Come on, Baek. This is a goddamn party. You are not here to scrutinize the area like a spy you’re not even.” With this, Baekhyun looks up at him with a much softer countenance. “Come on.”

 

  “Fine.” Baekhyun soughs profoundly before drawing the glass closer to him. He smells it first, and not liking how the heavy smell impacted him, immediately grimaces and pushes the glass further away.

 

  Tao chuckles at the brunette’s act. “Come on. It will not bite you, you .” Baekhyun darts and ‘Are you ing sure?’ gaze at the younger and he nods. From Tao’s guarantee, Baekhyun slowly drinks the glass, and lets the drink settles in his insides. Baekhyun surprises himself and Tao when he asks for another glass, and another, and another, but not enough to let him feel drowsy and drunk.

 

  It is amid Baekhyun’s fourth and fifth glass that Tao’s screwed-up-as-hell mind does its powers on his insides. The taller moves to Baekhyun’s back and examines his back profile . Not long after, Tao begins massaging Baekhyun’s . “Tao!” Baekhyun groaned. “Wh-What are you--- nnngh…doing?”

 

  “Sssh.” The younger leans down and nibbles at Baekhyun’s earlobe. Tao then wraps his arms around Baekhyun’s torso, slowly grinding his clothed member against Baekhyun’s covered . Baekhyun moans accidentally ion the process, not being able to hide the wonderful pleasure and it triggers his to grow larger than his pants could occupy. Because of this, Tao picks up his pace and grinds faster against Baekhyun.

 

  “Tao--- hhhnnnngh…ah~ . Stop it!” Just as Baekhyun turns around to push Tao himself, a burning fist already makes its way to the other male’s face, earning him a loud thud on the floor. Baekhyun lets loose of himself and blinks at the sight. “Ch-Chanyeol?” what the hell is he doing?

 

  The ower of the burning fist (which turned out to be Chanyeol) takes the stumbling Tao by the collar. “Don’t you dare touch him again. Or else I am gonna rip your head off, you er. Better back off, because that person is mine.” Chanyeol said in gnashed teeth before letting go of Tao.

 

  Baekhyun bats an eyelid a thousand times. He is rather relieved that his ex-boyfriend – as Tao quoted himself – did not fight back. He is more than apprehensive. Tao is an experienced fighter. Other than that, Baekhyun feels really sorry for Tao. The younger looks so jabbed. Although a part of him is still mad at what he did just minutes ago.

 

  As Baekhyun takes a step frontward to go help his ex, a hand stops him by the wrist. “Let us go.” Chanyeol, you-

 

  “What?” Without a gainsay, Baekhyun heebie-jeebies his wrist off Chanyeol’s hold but to no avail. “Chanyeol. Let go of me!”

 

  “No! You are going home.”

 

  “What?” Baekhyun asked again. This time, tired of hearing non-existent answers, he decides to let Chanyeol drag him, giving Tao a one last sorry look, and his ex-boyfriend nod in conception.

 

  Pass by the doorway and they are out of netherworld. Chanyeol frees Baekhyun’s wrist reluctantly and Baekhyun is more than relieved. A horrible silence ensues, and it’s both making them uncomfortable. Chanyeol, after being able to compose his s together, faces Baekhyun and asks, “What are you doing with him?”

 

  Baekhyun looks at him and snorts. “I should be the one asking you that. What did you do out there?”

 

  A short pause and Chanyeol counters, not trusting his voice. “Saved you.”

 

  Save me? “Save me? Wh-Where am I? In danger? Chanyeol, you are overreacting---“

 

  “No! I’m saving you from that idiot-as-- stranger dry ing you inside that hell hole.”

 

  “He is not a goddamn stranger, for Pete’s sake!”

 

  “Then who is he?” Chanyeol asked, voice sophisticated than the prior.

 

  Baekhyun’s heart rate picks up. Why is he having a hard time telling Chanyeol that that person is his ex? Not minding his deleterious thoughts, Baekhyun responds, looking down. “He’s…he is my ex.”

 

  Your ex? Ex-boyfriend. Ex-lover. Ex-er. Baekhyun’s past. Those words keep on repeating inside his mind, and insecurities start throwing daggers at him. “What?” Chanyeol still manages to speak notwithstanding his dry-as-hell throat.

 

  “Yes, Park. ing yes! Tao is my damn ex-boyfriend! Now that you already got an answer, let’s put the spotlight on you. Why the hell did you drag me out and save me?” Baekhyun almost pukes at the word.

 

  Chanyeol is disturbed in his trance, fully awaken and he regains himself. Because I like you. And I do not want anyone to place a damn finger on you or dry you, no way! Because you’re mine. Those words. He wants to cry those words out loud. Apparently, that is his purpose in coming here when his idiot self knows Baekhyun will come too, right? But, those words are left dangling at the tip of his tongue, and wretchedly blunders back to his panging heart. So, instead, he mutters, “I do not know.” That’s what he is good at, anyway.

 

  Baekhyun can’t deny that he is disappointed. He expects Chanyeol to say that he did that because he likes him, and that it irks the hell out of him that someone else is touching him, just like how he would feel if some bastard or does the same sordid thing. But, who is he kidding? He should stop expecting too much. “What the hell, Park?” With that said, Baekhyun strides away towards his car. Little did he know that watercourses of crystal white liquid are slowly undulating out from his eyes.

 

  Chanyeol feels like . He mentally curses himself for being too coward about the matter. And culpability comes stabbing and killing his already demised soul when he notices Baekhyun is crying while slowly treading away. “Baekhyun-ah? Are you okay?”

 

  Okay? Park ing Chanyeol, do you think I am okay? it. Are you really that insensitive? “Uh, yeah. I’m fine. Thanks for saving me, by the way. Bye.” Baekhyun managed to respond albeit with the presence of lumped throat. He keeps his contemplation down and back facing the jerk who saved his bemused from his ex-boyfriend, and does not even know why the hell he did that.

 

  “Bye.” After that, Chanyeol remains silent, until Baekhyun’s car is out of sight. His thoughts are too pre-occupied and he is relieved, if not happy – because things still didn’t turn out like how it was planned – that this night ends, finally, although he is certain that he has to deal with this tomorrow or the day after and another and so on until he can clear things out between the two of them.

 

                                                                                            -----------------------------------------

 

A/N: //////creeeeys so hard

/////hides under your skirt

I am REALLY for this late really late and lame update lmao

i don't have any valid reason as to why the hell did i not update this as quick as possible but this:

I AM REAAAAAALLLLLLLLY LAAAAAAAAAZZZZY T________T

huhu lol i hope this made up?

probably no T_T

and you see, it's 'back to in school' here so expect turtle updates ;;;;; sorry again

anyway, thanks for the new subscriber ;AA;

 

XOXO <3 <3 <3