Just a friend

Opposite of Fate

  There was a thick silence and awkwardness, thicker than an opaque material. Chanyeol's heartbeat seemed fast, but he has to blame it on the excitement. What else could he blame? It's not that he has some sort of emotional attachment towards the brunette or something weird because....I don't even know this guy. He tried to rive the silence, being clueless the latter also plans the same thing adding the thick awkwardness a gram.

 

  "Uhhmmm.....", they both said in unison. Chanyeol turned his gaze on the road only to throw it back to Baekhyun beside him, looking cloudy fidgeting his fingers. He noticed how perfectly flawless the smaller boy's hands are that even females don't have match goals, and Chanyeol somehow finds the locomotion cute. He returned his gaze on the road again just in time the brunette looked up at Chanyeol and spoke up.

 

  "Uhh....Mr. Park....thank you, by the way." He faced back up him and he has to look away immediately, otherwise he'll drown himself in those enticing eyes turning into shining crescents, as the latter smiled at him passionately.

 

  Chanyel shook off all the thoughts that's bothering him. "Nah. It's okay. Besides, we're on the same track and.....please don't call me Mr. Park. It's way too formal. Chanyeol is fine." He looked down at Baekhyun only to find it chuckling like a schoolgirl or something. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes in confusion. "What's so funny, though?"

 

  "Oh sorry. I laughed presumably, at myself thinking you are bossy and arrogant and monstrous. But, you are actually kind....really.", the smaller boy said in between slight chuckles, which Chanyeol finds absolutely cute and...Dammit Chanyeol, just drive. He released a smirk anyway.

 

  "That's just one of the many qualities I have." The brunette seemed to get the mocking tone at many so he came chuckling again.

 

  "And cocky, by the way."

 

  "Whatever. We are here." They discontinued at a place where idomatic multi-themed shops line the streets. There are heavy cafes, art galleries, restaurants, a design center, stores, as well as an herb garden which hosts cultural public performances intended to entertain people. Chanyeol went out of the car first followed by Baekhyun's hop off.

 

  "Mr. Park....I mean, Chanyeol. I'll stay here. Go ahead."  The smaller boy shafted at him and he couldn't say anything else except to give him a disoriented nod and absent mindedly went off. Park Chanyeol, what's up with you?

 

 

 

 

"Uhh....Mr. Park, thank you by the way.", Baekhyun spoke up because yeah, heaven of all heavens knows how he's having an allergy towards silence quite favorably, and he has to get rid of the uncomfortable awkwardness.

 

  "Nah. It's okay. Besides, we'are on the same track and....please don't call me Mr. Park. It is way too formal.", the taller retorted. Baekhyun wanted to burst out laughing because in all honesty, he really thought this red-hot guy is born with full arrogance, monstrous behaviour and whatnot, but he proved himself wrong. Instead he chuckled, half continuing in a specified state of laughter.

 

  "What's so funny though?"

 

  "Oh sorry. I laughed presumably at myself, thinking you are bossy and arrogant and monstrous. But you are actually kind.....really." Baekhyun said in between chuckles.

 

  "That's just one of the many qualities I have."

 

  "And cocky, by the way." He teased as he noticed the other's mocking tone. I guess you're not that kind, Mr. Park.

 

  "Whatever. We're here."

 

  "Mr. Park....I mean, Chanyeol. I'll stay here. Go ahead." Baekhyun told the giant soon after hopping off the car. He stayed beside one of the stores in the place, while waiting for someone. Not long after his friend arrived, also in suit. Finally. Baekhyun let out a heavy sigh. "Luhan-ssi!"

 

  "Ya! Baekhyunnie!", a brown haired boy, probably in his twenties but a lot older than Baekhyun, came pacing with arms spread side by side as if expecting a hug. Baekhyun stopped right in front of him and the boy dropped his arms when he did not receive a felicity. "Ya! I told you to not call me Baekhyunnie in public.", he hit the older's arm forcefully, and pouted the pout no one could ever dare to resist.

 

  "Aw! Is that what you're gong to give me? A hit? After you let me wait for you inside for a hell of an hour? A hit instead of a hug or a sorry soliloquy? A hit, Byun Baekkhyun? How cruel!", his best friend retorted, and pouted like a ass puppy. Baekhyun suddenly felt shamefaced for letting Luhan wait for an hour. Well, I did not mean to.

 

  "Look. Luhan, I'm sorry. It's just that my car stopped when I was just a hundred meters away from our condominium. I did not see any sign of help and you know I know nothing about machines."

 

  "I told you we should use my car, instead.", the blonde haired boy sounded concerned this time.

 

  Baekhyun realized he should've just listened to the older's unbearable rants and pleads, albeit it was a bit deafening but the damage has been done. "You know what? Let us just go inside, rather. This is no ideal place for such conventional matter.", he said and wrapped an arm around his best friend's neck.

 

  "Hey! My hair."

 

  "Shut up, and walk." Baekhyun laughed at how impeccable Luhan sounds like. You better not change.

 

 

 

 

  Punches, bourbon, red and white wines, ambrosial foods, colorful lights, randomly arranged beats, and all sets of gents chitchatting and dancing with their alter egoes. Chanyeol is not new to this kind of place. He regularly goes to parties may it be twice a month or weekly, let his schedule decide for him.

 

  "Hey, hey, hey! Now look who's here!" Chanyeol turned around to find the voice. A tall, rainbow haired man looking exactly younger than him, with a decisive chin and a perfectly styled hair beamed manly at Chanyeol.

 

  "Sehun-ah!" Chanyeol smiled widely, his god-given dimples howing off and hugged the other. God, he miss this kid. It has not been long since he last saw Sehun, but for him it was what seems like a year. This rainbow haired guy is his favorite cousin, really.

 

  "Ya, hyung! I thought you wouldn't come. We were about to leave when I caught sight of you."

 

  "Flibbertygibbet. I know you would not leave just yet, even if I won't appear." Chanyeol chuckled, because as far as his knowledge could reach, his friends are more of a party fiend than him. They would not totally mind if he's missing in action. They are used to Chanyeol being lost sometimes, though.

 

  "Yeah right." Sehun replied before taking a sip of his drink.

 

 "Oh and where are the others?"

 

  "They are at the pavilion." The two bachelors went off to meet their friends. The path for walking isn't that long though, because it is just 5 meters away from where they stood earlier. The noise subsided a bit but muffled random beats could still be heard, for their place is a bit way from the epicenter of the noise.

 

  "Guys! Our great novelist is here.", the rainbow haired boy called out as if in a royal style. Chanyeol's friend house is composed of a Marketing Director, his name is Lay; a President of a well-known fire arms company, that is Jongin but he prefers to be called Kai; a doctor by the name of Xiumin; and of course, his cousin the one and only son of the prominent owners of Korea's biggest network, Starship Network, Sehun. A huge party of affluent people.

 

  "Chanyeol! The great Park Chan Yeol! What took you this long?", a tan skinned boy greeted Chanyeol hoarsely. The other remaining gents scoffed back like echoes in a cave.

 

  "Yeah. There is a little problem." Chanyeol replied with a smirk, and took the glass of liquor Xiumin handed him. "Thanks, hyung."

 

  "Oh~! Like what?" Lay barked from his right. Since when was this guy all too nosy? It's odd for Chanyeol to see this side of Lay. Because this guy is usually the quiet type, but not as quiet as Xiumin though. He only talks when you open up about guitars or you would even mention guitars unknowingly.

 

  "A friend." Chanyeol smiled at the thought of Baekhyun.

 

  "Cool! Chanyeol has a got a friend. Cheers to that!", his cousin shouted, and raised his glass then his friends followed, leaving Chanyeol laughing at how crazy all of them are when whipped.

 

  "Sure thing that's not just any ordinary friend. Because the Park Chanyeol that we know does not blush when we're talking about friends." Kai mocked, and everybody broke into hecklers. Chanyeol's friends sure are different when toxicated.

 

  "Ya! I'm not!" You are not, Chanyeol.

 

  "Oh, oh, oh, dude! Stop being defensive. I was just kidding. Unless.....it is really not just a friend." Chanyeol is almost really vexed he's going to be a lion anytime soon by how Kai is acting. He is a previous powner of this, but it sounded different this time. Kai if you will not stop, I sure will toast you even more so there could only be four of us when it's black out. He threw a death glare at his friend. Sort of kid only, though.

 

  Xiumin seemed to feel the uncomfortable situation so he cut if off very thinly. "Enough of silly jokes. Let us have fun before we'll all be busy.", the eldest called out. And right then and there were incalculable chatters about business, lovely or handsome or cute patients and Chanyeol's books, followed by crazy dance moves associated with quirky make faces. Amidst the clangorous sound, he suddenly remembered what he said a while ago, and Chanyeol felt his face heat up. But this time, he has to blame it on the gin. Still not that small boy. Yeah Chanyeol, just.a.friend.

 

------------------------

 

 

 

 

 omg 1.6k words T.T otl is this still too short?

awww T>T i'm sorry for another fail chapter you can kill me now

but could you lke at least tell me watcha think? ^_^ tell me how bad this is? lmao