First and the last

Opposite of Fate

  Baekhyun drops his body on the bed, bouncing as he went. Luhan on the other hand, already changed himself into a pajama and a wife beater. "Hey, B! Have any plans in changing your outfit? 'Cause I believe it's really hot." Baekhyun jumps out of the bed and undresses himself.

 

  "And why would it be hot when it is pretty cold outside and the air conditioner's on?" Baekhyun raises a brow and smirks at his best friend, who is already lying on his back with hands clasped behind his head. The older just rolled his eyes at Baekhyun.

 

  "Oh, wait!" Baekhyun flinches at the sudden call. Luhan's voice is always alarming. "Who were you with a while ago?" Baekhyun literally knows where this is going to reach. He knows Luhan will not stop asking the same old questions all over again, until he'll get the answer. His best friend is that nosy, Baekhyun might quote. So at the end of the day, he is forced (more so can't endure the sharp shrieks) to tell everything to the older man....everything. May it be why he chose writing over residing as their family's company's president and even the most nonsensical things, such as why are his boxers all branded as "Hermes". Baekhyun tells all sorts of things to Luhan, even those that are insensible so he doesn't understand why he can not speak about Chanyeol. Chanyeol. He blushes at the thought, but immediately dragged to reality when his best friend threw a pillow at him, hitting him at the head.

 

  "Aw!" Baekhyun pouted while his head.

 

  "You'll get more than that if you won't tell me before the whole world snores." Luhan threatened and Baekhyun is certain his best friend will do exactly the same thing. It's like when Luhan promises something to Baekhyun, he would always do it. So, there he is again telling the older guy everything. Baekhyun, it's nothing right?

 

  Baekhyun uncorks a sigh of defeat. "Okay, fine. It's Chanyeol." Luhan judders and sits on the midpoint of the length of his bed with excessively wide eyes.

 

  "Are.you.freaking.serious?"

 

  "Uhhh.....yeah?" Baekhyun answered higgledy-piggledy. He is absolutely confused as to why his best feind enforced that sudden outburst. It is not that he's new to this because really, Luhan always acts like a bull who got out from its cage when he is shocked. But this one's different. Diferent to the point that he can no longer understand and measure the extent of difference.

 

  "Whoah!" The older man stands up on his feet, palms facing the confines and a half meter away from his waist. "Baekhyunnie that is terrific! Oh my god! I mean, you met the Park Chan Yeol! My favorite author of all time and I am going crazy over his works, and then there you are going with him to the party. Beastly Baek! Beastly!"

 

  Baekhyun's eyebrows crease in abcolute confusion. What's wrong with this hyung? He literally doesn't know why the older acted that way. Baekhyun knows inferior about Luhan, compared to his best friend who knows everything about him. And that is what makes the situation turn upside down turn foul. So, he has the corollary to get puzzled. "Why are you acting like a flirty schoolgirl?"

 

  The older man sits beside Baekhyun. "I know I don't tell much about myself Baek. Because, you do not even bother to ask." Baekhyun feels guilty because forsooth, he doesn't bother to ask anything about Luhan. But of course, that is because he's not the type to stick his nose in some things irrelevent and out of the world that's given. "But, do not be guilty just because of that. Well I've been Chanyeol's avid fan since the first day he released his book. You know I do not read books that much, right?" He nods as a response. "Yes. But, when I heard excellent reviews from other people about his books I became interested. That very first day, I have been his loyal reader. I've always wanted to meet him see him, at least. The reason why I am overly overwhelmed is that since you're friends, I will have the opportunity to you know, meet him." Baekhyun feels an eccentric pang in his chest. He doesn't understand why but he feels possessive in an unusual kind of way. Really unusual, to the point of him being uncomfortable about it. Baekhyun feels the appetency to just shut up and never talk about Chanyeol again. But, he can see in his best friend's eyes the sparkling jones and enthusiasm into which he can never think of refusing.

 

  "But.....we are not friends. I mean, it was a sudden incident. My car stopped and then he came by to help me out, only to make me appear riding in his car."

 

  "Understatement. B you are friends already, if that's the case.!" the older bludgeoned in delight.

 

  "But I do not have his number. We didn't even talk about anthing except for thanking him." Baekhyun protested.

 

  "That does not count. As long as he talked to you. Well anyway, if you insist. But if you wil see him again, tell him I wanna meet him okay, Baekhyunnie?" Luhan beams jovially at Baekhyun and walks towards his bed.

 

  "Okay." Baekhyun rejoined dubiously. Dammit, Baekhyun. You're not supposed to act this way.

 

  "Okay. Good night Baek!"

 

  "Good night." Baekhyun slowly sediments himself on his bed, back facing Luhan and his face meeting the glowing rays of the moonlight. His heart blears peculiarly with muffled beats. No. He should not be thinkig about all these nonsensical things. It's his first time to meet Chanyeol it's undoable for him to fall right then and there. Baekhyun half-heartedly believes in love at fist sight. He slowly cons the air and closes his eyes. Today will be the first and the last.