Exactly the thing

Opposite of Fate

  Baekhyun wakes up by the deafening sound of clashing plates, water running, and Mariah Carey's 'Emotions' playing on repeat, which happens to be Luhan's morning ritual background music. He sighed in exasperation. He's used to this, though - his best friend being a busy bee during weekend mornings, and him waking up forcefully because of the fact that he can hardly fall back asleep with the loud music. Baekhyun stretches his limbs and inserts his feet in his flip flops. He goes inside the bathrom to freshen up before thinking about joining the older downstairs having his crazy moment of his lifetime. As he is doing so, he notices a black spot on his left shoulder, pretty close to his nape, which lookslike a dead blood or something. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes in confusion. He doesn't remember anything about him being beaten up or being hit by a metallic object. He can't even blame Luhan throwing a pillow at him last night because that's clearly nonsense, and the pillow is the softest thing he can remember holding. Baekhyun shakes off the thoughts and proceeds downstairs. He notices the music is already turned off so he assumes his best friend has gotten enough of Mariah's whistle registers and his limbs are giving up because of too much groove.

 

  "Baekhyunnie! Yuou're awake.", the older exclaimed as he sets the table for breakfast, beaming sweet eyes at Baekhyun.

 

  "Yeah. Thanks to Mariah. And the plates, and the water." Baekhyun deadpanned. Luhan hisses and grabs a seat opposite to Baekhyun. There is a comfortable pregnat silence on a warm Sunday morning as the two chew and swallow on their food. Not long after did his best friend break the silence with a raise of his spoon, body leaned forward, eyes narrowing and lips pursed in thought of filtering a good idea on what to do today.

 

    "You know what, B? I think it's boring."

 

  Baekhyun looks up at the figure before him, only to look back on his plate with a rather annoyed response. "What else are you thinking?"

 

  "Good question. I'm also thinking of...you know, visiting our alma mater. It's been a while don't you think?"

 

  "God idea." Baekhyun beams slightly at the older. Luhan's right. They rarely do visits to their school for a while now. After they graduated, they would always spend the rest of the unoccupied days at school, checking on the improvements and everything that stay unaltered. They would always check for new students, new professors, and the old ones who entirely touched their hearts and were parts of their lives. But, now that they've found a job, both working bees, it does sound hectic for them to do visits like how they did before. Because, usually, weekends are nothing different from weekdays at work - more papaer works for Luhan, and more fanmeets for Baekhyun. Taking into aacount, Baekhyun's schedule and days are not always preoccupied, though, judging from all the days he spent staying in their condominium alone, but he's not the type to visit or wander alone, so there's still no use.

 

 

 

 

  "Finally! For months or so." Luhan heaves a sigh of satisfaction and comfort, eyes close while feeling the different, yet familiar wind going around in circles.

 

  "We're back.", Baekhyun said loftily with an endearing smile he usually gives to someone or something important to him. His scrutiny travels around the facade. The then pink-panted picket's house is now changed into a smiling sky blue, the carnations that were once busy beautifying the school's hallway are now gone and all that can be seen are authentic glowing chrysanthemums. Antic how something can change a lot of then symptomtic characters in a short span of time - or conceivably they have been far out for a lengthy time, they don't even have knowledge about - Baekhyun deemed. He is immediately drawned on back in the present when he ascertained his best friend's annoyed call. "Oh. Sorry." Baekhyun grins sheepishly.

 

  "Whatever. Come on!"

 

 

 

 

  Chanyeol forges downstairs as he makes sure no more meetings, fanmeets, and any sorts of cognizances will be worth his attention today. His eyes widen in shock in advert of the figure in front of him. "Ahjumma? You're still here?"

 

  A short lady with a crinkled face - emphasizing herself being a septuagenarian - rayed at Chanyeol in a very sweet form. "Awww. Good morning, Yeollie~!"

 

  "Ahjumma~!" Chanyeol groaned in bedeviloment. He dislikes being called by that by that byname - save it for the fact that he stood for them to call him that when he was still taking a bath with a rubber ducky.

 

  "Okay. Okay." The old lady seems to y trap the younger, and so she gives in.

 

  "So. Why are you still here?"

 

  "Your mom ordered that I should stay here everyday until you're awake."

 

  Ah~ Mum! "Really?! But, ahjumma, I'm old and I can---"

 

  "Take care of myself.", the old lady consummed for him as she places all the well-cleansed utensils in the closet. "Sweety, your body looks old, but you act like you still need plenty of abetment.", she said as a matter-of-factly. With that said, Chanyeol persists to walk all the way to the kitchen and unloosens a heavy sough.

 

  The silence abates as the old lady speaks up and sits on the chair located at the other end of Chanyeol's, with a half-filled picher in her hand. "Arbitrating from your actions today, I suppose you don't have any gathering of people for a particular purpose." Chanyeol stares at her and bobbles in response. " Your not the typical I'd-rather-stay-at-home person, Chanyeol." Without being prevented by something, Chanyeol scrutinizes his ahjumma's way, and both share that knowing smile.

 

 

 

 

  "Look! Even the study area has a coffee stall already.", Luhan said in a short high-pitched sound beside Baekhyun. "It's portentous to know a lot can change in just a short time. Even the picket's house is sky blue. Say guards are manlier now."

 

  "You noticed?", Baekhyun asked his best friend in a criticizing-and-laughing-at-someone-for-being-worthless tone.

 

  "Probably no. Because I lost my vision just the moment our car stopped in front of the school's builing, and I never stress that a statement is true especially when it differs in some way from what might have been thought or expected just like how the coffee stall has gotten its berth in the study area, did I?", the older said sagely in one breath and that left Baekhyun having his head move in short, quick movements, while chuckling because really, Luhan is so exuberant.

 

  They walk around the building and the area of land that it is on, constantly stopping at borderlines where change was being baptized and usually the older intiates the process of forming an opinion after caeful thought. Luhan's phone rings, making the two marvel who might that be, because it's an odd thing to happen that someone will call any of them during weekends. This might be tectonic, though. "Hello?" "Sir, do I really need to there?" "But, it's weekend." His best friend uncorks a sigh with a great weight. "Okay. Coming."

 

  Baekhyun's eyebrows furrow in sensation. "Who is it?"

 

  "Mr. Oh." The older hisses before continuing. "He wants me on his office now. It sounds clamant. B, we have to go." Baekhyun is reluctant to go so it took him a hurried five seconds to have a desired reaction to Luhan's choice of words - or probably his boss'.

 

  "No. I'll stay here." His best friend is taken aback by Baekhyun's take, and he's not vision blurry to not actually discern it so he chuckles and pats the older's shoulder. "Come on. That was 3 months ago."

 

  "Are you sure?"

 

  "Yes, mom. Now, go ahead before Mr. Oh will dart his gaze on others."

 

  His best friends rolls his eyes before retorting. "Yeah, I'll go ahead. Take care, Baekhyunnie! Call me when you need help , okay?" Baekhyun gives him a consoling nod and  a solacing wave.

 

 

 

 

  Chanyeol is now on his way to Daegu High School. Once in a year. That's his visit count, precisely exaggerated, because his visits are in higher quality than how he views it. It's past 10 pm on his wrist watch and the sun's rays are still soothing to the skin. Chanyeol parks his car just at the back of the car before his. With this seen, he winds up probably there's someon else in the school premises. He lets himself in and is rather satisfied than surprised by the changes the shool has his eyes descry. Cool.

 

  Chanyol smiles widely as images of the quondam appears in his peripheral vision. He harks back the time when he and his friends chitchat about beautiful girls and pleasant to look to boys during their free time, baseball practices and the like. He stops in his sequestration when his eyes darted on a small figure standing by the open sesame of the baseball field. Chanyeol draws nearer, and the figure becomes more obvious. Baekhyun?

 

 

 

 

  Baekhyun stills for a moment, closing his eyes as he feels the rejuvenating wind howling his senses. With every blow of the wind, he goes back to the early times - the times when he has to wake up inopportunely to avoid seonsaengnim's blaring rants; the times when he has to consider his best friend if he has gotten into a fight of wors or not. Those and more are just memories of his past now, sweet memories that he wishes were never part of the onetime despite of its countersides.

 

  Baekhyun retracted from his robust hold on the support stool of the baseball field's gate when he heard a thundering ability to speak from the back. "The last time I saw you you here was when you've had enough of Ms. Yoon's rants." His eyes grow in wide shock at the sight in front of him.

 

  "C-Chanyeol?" Baekhyun's heart beats a thousand times faster than the cut-and-dry beating, making him stutter in his words. "Wh-What are you doing here?" The taller comes closer and the action made him even more flustered and the younger male standing beside him right now is no good exempted reason.

 

  "Why? Am I not welcome?"

 

  "What? No! No. That's not what I meant. I was just astounded by your presence."

 

  "Is that so?"

 

  "Yeah."

 

  "I see." Were the last words at the moment, and the thick cloud of awkwardness begins forming on top of their heads. Nothing is constituted exept for the constant stealing of glances from each other, let alone Baekhyun's pink-shaded cheeks and Chanyeol's reddened ears speak for thy truth. Finding just the action unfavorable, the taller trails off again, in attempt to build a good conversation. "I wish I can come here more often."

 

  "Yeah. Me, too. Is this your favorite area?" Baekhyun darts his gaze on the younger, who, by any chance, is staring down at him, too.

 

  "Hmm. Other than the amoxicilin, this is my pain reliever. Baekhyun chuckled at the silliness Chanyeol exudes. "What?"

 

  "Nothing. I never heard of someone considering the field as a apain reliever,"

 

  "You heard me."

 

  "Yeah."

 

  "You? What's your favorite part of the premises?"

 

  "Uh, nothing in particular. But, I like staying here. Why? I just love the atmosphere, and the feeling it gives."

 

  "Exactly the thing.", the taller said and they came chuckling again. The younger feels like floating as he takes in the image of Baekhyun, with his eyes turrning into moons in half, an his gaze travels down his plump lips sealed but spread in a jovial state. Chanyeol badly wants to kiss Baekhyun and he did just that as the brunette's lips parted a bit. The taller closes the gap between them and catches Baekhyun's soft lips with his. Baekhyun's eys widen in shock, heart beating faster than it did before when he realized the other male is kissing him tenderly. He doesn't know why but he actually responds to the taller's kisses and lets out a stiffled moan. They stay like that for a respective number of seconds, and the kiss dies when Baekhyun realizes what he's doing, what they're doing is wrong and pulled away from the soft touch, rather reluctantly.

 

                                                                                            ************************************************

 

a/n: there ;;;;;; finally, a much longer update (albeit this might not be the long that you expected lol)

and i'm sorry for not being able to yknoe, update last week cos ugh deadlines are deadlines T_T

well i'm back and please tell me what you think about this one ^^ pretty please kekeke

anyway, the next chapter will be, i guess more focused on Yeollie's Chanyeol's part lol but don't expect kekeke

thanks everyone ^__________^

 

XOXO <3 <3 <3