Elongated Road to Destiny

Opposite of Fate

  Chanyeol roused up by the alrming sound of his clock. Today is the 1st day of June. It's summer in Korea. He moved his feet to the beldevere. The sun is up and beaming towards all of God's creations and all of what were made my humans. The rays of the rising sun aren't that hefty, though, slightly opposing the fact that it's summer. Chanyeol respires in the clean and rejuvenating air before smiling mostly at himself. He never bemoaned living in a place far from all the source of distractions, curbs, impediments.

 

  As he was enjoying his seclusion, Chanyeol realized- more like remembered- something. He proceeded to the calendar pasted on his wall to distill his thoughts. He's used to doing this- writing all consequential events and gatherings he's going to attend to- because of its incalculability and memorization allowance. a certain day was encircled by a red mark, enunciating, "4th Book Singning Event at Petite France, 1 am." He was alarmed he started mentally anathematizing himself for being such an idiot and too engrossed by the first day of summer.

 

-----------

 

  Chanyeol wouldn't mind taking Seoul Subway Line 2 and alight at Gangbyeon Station; taking Exit 4 and follow signs to Song Seoul Bus Terminal; taking an intercity bus to Cheongpyeong Terminal and hp on board the Gapyeong Tour Bus bound for Petite France, because he has a Lamborghini Veneno Roadster​. Why take such an elongated ride? And he as not as like have securities and lovely guards tailing him. And presumably, just presumably, he would cross paths with his kismet there.

 

-------------

 

 

   Chanyeol arrived just in time the book signing will start. The venue is A-OK. A familar shooting spot for commercials and K-Dramas, Petite France transports people to a Mediterranean-inspired villagethat emblazons the wonder of Antoine de Saint-Exupery's novel, The Little Prince. The heart-pounding locale from episode 15 of the movie You Who Came From The Star, where Do Min Joon revealed his powers to Cheon Song Yi, was shot here. There's also a fleck where couples share romantic kisses. Chanyeol is utterly setting store by himself as he appreciates every detail of the venue.

 

   As expected, fans were accumulated around, never ending flashes of camerasbeaming on Chanyeol's figure, and securities from side to side. He noticed something on the neighboring side. He catechized his personal assistant-on duty-just-for-this-book-signing, "What's going on there?"  "Oh. There's also a bok signing held there, sir. Mr. Byun Baek Hyun's book signing event. That is supposed to be over with at Goyang Lake Park, but there were curbs so they decided to change locale. you must've ascertained something aboutr him?"  "Uh, yeah. I heard he is du jour, too."  "Yep. He sold a million copies of his book both in the country and overseas, too."

 

   Yes. Baekhyun is arresting in the book industry. He;s prominent not just in Korea but around the world, too, just like Chanyeol. Both are bodacious in the matter so it's seemingly pointless to argue who's the best.

 

-----------

 

   The book signing went on for about 2 hours. There were ample of people so it took that long. Then after, Chanyeol gave his thank you soliloquy in front of his feisty fans.

 

   Chanyeol went out to grab an intake of Petite France's cool air. He's on his solitude again, appreciating all of what his eyes descry. An unforeseen hum that turned into a resounding and beautiful voice of, probably, the sweetest melody was heard before him. His heart skipped a beat he didn't even know why. He felt incredibly benumbed and floating by the sensational and angel voice singing. At the back of his mind, he thought that might be the one he's been longing for. The melody absconded and a call replaced the transient melody.

 

  "Mr. Park Chanyeol?" Chanyeol turned around to see where the voice came from. He was greeted by a brunette wearing a casual dress- jeans and shirt, to be exact- looking completely simple yet stunning, his hair swaying along with the refreshing wind, and a smile even dead people could die again. Chanyeol admits to himself he's more engrossed to this guy than the first day of summer. And admitting that he's gay at the moment is no exception. "Mr. Park Chan Yeol? Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost?" The latter called out again when he received no reply, and chuckled cutely making Chanyeol even more flabbergasted he could die on the spot.

 

  Chanyeol finally snapped out of his flying senses. "Oh. Hey. Hi! Uh...I'm-I'm sorry...I---" Chanyeol can't think straight; he can't speak right; he's stuttering every minute.

 

  The latter chuckled before saying, "That's okay. I;m Byun Baek Hyun." Then he stretches out his hand. Chanyeol drove his way to epiphany. He started saying random things to himself containing how nice it was fpr him to realize and finally know the face of his neihghbor a while ago, and probably, his ultimate rival...and his "destiny".

 

  Chanyeol stretches his hand to meet with the person's, albeit witha bit of oubt and hesitation, withstanding their first acquaintance. "Oh. Your hand is cold." Baekhyun remarked.

  "Uh...Yeah. It's cold right here, you see." Your hand is beautiful and soft like your face. Is what Chanyeol badly wants to say, but won't let him.

  "I see. Anyway, nice meeting you."

  "Likewise." I hope this won't be the last.

 

  Baekhyun caressed Chanyeol's elbow beforr retorting, "I think I should go. I still have a Bachelor's Party to attend to tonight. See you when I see you." And the brunette turned his back. Chanyeol badly wants to catch him in the arm and cage him in tight embrace and they could stay like that forever, but there's this one thing that stops him-- they're stilleach other's complete strangers. So, instead, Chanyeol muttered a heavy hearted "goodbye", and Baekhyun waved back at him.

 

  This is definitely an elongated road to my destiny.