no. 7

Dream Drabbles

This dream was inspired by a post i saw on tumblr. lol. 

~~~

7am

It was a bit colder than usual in the dorm when Jinki woke up that morning. His hangover wasn’t helping either so he decided to go take a shower. After he was dressed, as he was heading to the living room, heard the front door shut. Taemin was sitting on the couch.

“Morning Tae, was that Jonghyun?”

“Who?” said Taemin

Jinki laughed and held his head in his hand.

“Hangover?” said Taemin. Jinki nodded. “You know hyung, you should really stop drinking alone.”

“I didn’t. I was drinking with Jonghyun.”

“Hyung, who is Jonghyun?”

Jinki’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion “what?”

“You asked twice about this person” Taemin started “and I really don’t know what you’re talking about. Are you sure you’re not still drunk?”

Jinki sat down “You know, SHINee’s second oldest, songwriter, short guy, lead singer… your ROOMMATE??”

“Hyung, there’s only four of us.” Said Taemin “Are you okay?”

Jinki sighed, “it’s too early for this”

Taemin smiled softly. “Here hyung,” he patted Jinki on the shoulder “I’ll get you some tea.”

12 noon

Kibum snuck into Minho’s room in his pajamas where he was still sleeping off his schedule from the night before. Minho woke up to Kibum crouched over in front of his door.

“Cute ..” he mumbled “Morning, Kibum!”

Kibum scoffed “Come here and look at this!”

Minho stumbled out of bed and joined Kibum at the door, peeking through the crack. They saw Taemin and Jinki sitting on the couch.

“Hyung don’t you find it weird that you’re the only one who remembers this Jonghyun person? I mean, the company writes our songs, you’re the lead singer, I’m…  the shortest, internet war is MY solo, and there’s no such thing as ‘Blue Night’. I mean, I’m trying to help you.”

Jinki’s eyes were wide. “Wow, then maybe I did drink alone last night. Thanks Tae. It’s just.. all of those memories of him just seem so real. Should.. should I go see a doctor?”

Kibum threw his head back in painfully silent laughter.

“Taemin is such a little .” Said Minho “I’m gonna go stop him”

“NO!” said Kibum, blocking Minho’s path to the door “Don’t you dare! This is too good!” he said between peals of laughter. “besides, he’ll find out soon enough”

~~~

Once Kibum had calmed down enough, him and Minho joined the other two to have breakfast.

“Morning guys” said Jinki

“Morning” said Kibum, while Minho just made a beeline for the kitchen.

At the table, the silence was thick and only interrupted by the sounds of spoons hitting bowls and the occasional crunch of cereal. Taemin and Kibum shared a glance and both smirked while Minho rolled his eyes, all of this going unnoticed by their leader who was apparently too deep in thought. Minho was about to speak up when Kibum cut in.

“So hyung, how is your hangover?”

“Oh, I’m okay now.”

“I honestly don’t know how you can drink so much by yourself.” Jinki looked up at him as Kibum hid his smile behind a spoonful of cereal.

Jinki turned to Minho then “Do you not remember Jjong either?”

Minho looked at Taemin and then Key and cleared his throat.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, hyung.” He mumbled.

Jinki’s face fell “I.. I think I need to take a walk” He got up from his chair.

“Hyung wait!” said Minho. Key panicked. Just then, the door opened.

“Im home!” Said Jonghyun

Jinki let out a rather unflattering shriek and promptly passed out.

“I brought hangover soup?” he looked at the rest of the members questioningly.

Kibum spat his cereal all over Minho.