no. 4

Dream Drabbles

“Hey Minho!”

“Yea Kibum, what’s up?”

“Who’s that talking to Taemin?”

“I don’t know, I’ve never seen him before.”

“He’s so…”

“beautiful!” they said in unison.

“Oh no. Hell no! I get to talk to him first, I’m older.” Said Kibum

“Whatever! Only by a minute!” They were fraternal twins and they could not be more different.

“Fine. Rock, paper, scissors.” They played and Kibum lost. He threw himself to the ground in frustration while Minho prepared to cross his driveway into his neighbor’s yard.

~

Taemin and his cousin, Jinki were preparing to set up Halloween decorations outside of Taemin’s house when Jinki spotted Taemin’s neighbors.

“Hey Minnie, who are those people staring over here?”

“Huh? Oh those are my neighbors. That cute one with the cat-eyes is Kibum, he’s older, and the taller one with the huge eyes is Minho, they’re twins. Apparently they’ve abandoned their chores in favor of ogling my cousin.”

Jinki laughed. “Is that what it is?”

“Oh , Minho’s coming.”

“What’s up, Taemin? Who’s this?” Minho said, eyeing Jinki carefully. Jinki smirked.

“My cousin, Jinki. I see you beat Kibum in rock, paper, scissors again.”

“Yea, he’s fine.” He said as he shook Jinki’s hand. “I’m Minho, Taemin’s neighbor. You guys should come over for dinner tonight, our older sister is getting engaged.”

“Sure” said Jinki, maintaining eye contact.

“Cool, see you at 7.” As Minho walked away, Taemin sighed.

“Aw come on, Tae.” Said Jinki. “It sounds like it’ll be fun.”

~

After dinner, the four of them settled in Kibum and Minho’s room.

“Kibum, that dinner was amazing.” Said Taemin

“Oh no, it was mostly mom. I only helped.”

“Still” said Jinki “I don’t think I’ve tasted something that good in a while!” Kibum blushed.

Minho hit Kibum and pretended it was an accident.

“Ow!”

“Sorry bro!”

Taemin rolled his eyes.

“So Jinki, do you play any sports?”

“Of course he doesn’t, you idiot! He said earlier that he was an engineering major.”

“Well actually!” Jinki started

“You don’t know, Kibum. He could play soccer as a hobby!”

“um..” said Jinki

“Shut up, Minho! You just wish he played soccer cause you’d get off on it.”

“What did you say? That is so weird Kibum, you’re so weird! See this is why I told mom I didn’t wanna share a room with you. Your brain comes up with some weird !”

“Whatever frog. At least my brain comes up with SOMETHING!!”

“OKAY!!” said Taemin. “I think we’re gonna go. I’ll text you guys later.” Taemin took Jinki’s hand and left in a hurry.

~

Hey Minnie, I’m sorry about earlier. Do you think your cousin hates us?

Of course not. He’s never been around twins before but I assured him that it was normal and you guys are good now… you are right?

Yea. I made him cookies and he started crying. I love that . Lol.

Haha. Well good, I’ll see you guys tomorrow.

As Kibum was reading Taemin’s last text, he felt someone sit next to him.

“Minho, I already told you it’s okay. I’m not-” Kibum turned to see Jinki smiling at him and blushed.

“So, you and him are okay now?” he said

“Yea. Ha. I love him. He’s my little brother, it’s just that…” Kibum looked at Jinki “well we both like you and that’s never happened to us before.” Kibum confessed.

“Oh.” Said Jinki

“Yea. I’m sorry, it must be a bit of a burden but I thought I should be honest with you and-” Kibum’s brain didn’t even begin to process the feeling of Jinki’s lips until he was pulling away.

He smiled “I like you guys too.”

Key was still in shock as Jinki walked away down the street.

~

When Jinki came back from his walk, it was a different twin standing outside this time. Minho spotted Jinki and waved nervously.

“Hey Minho, you okay?”

“Yea, just a little embarrassed.”

“Oh, don’t be. Even though we’re four years apart, Taemin and I used to fight like that when we were little.” Said Jinki. Minho smiled.

“Well yea, it’s not just that though.” Minho fidgeted. “You see I like you, but so does Kibum. And this is the first time we’ve liked the same guy.” Jinki smiled at the thought of them basically telling him the same thing. “Just in case things got ugly, I wanted to do something first.” Minho leaned in and cupped Jinki’s face. Jinki fisted his hands in Minho’s shirt. The kiss left both of them feeling a bit lightheaded and Minho blushed afterwards.

Jinki pulled away “Like I told Kibum, I like you guys too. Both of you.” He walked back into Taemin’s house leaving Minho confused on the sidewalk.

~

The twins got up early the next morning and practically raced each other to Taemin’s front door. Taemin answered the door sporting PJ’s and bedhead.

“Ah yes. Mary Kate and Ashley, what can I do for you?”

“Um, we were wondering..”

“Can we talk to Jinki?”

“He’s not here” yawned Taemin

“What?!” they said in unison.

“Yea, he left last night.”

~

“How could you do this to me?”

“I don’t know, I wasn’t thinking. Babe, I’m sorry!!” said Jinki

“Were..” he sniffled “were they at least hot?”

“What?”

“You said they were twins, right? Were they hot? Show me a picture.”

“Jjong, seriously??” Jinki asked

“Do you want my forgiveness or not?” Jinki nodded slowly and took out his phone.

“Oh my god!” Jonghyun gawked at the picture. “Wow, I really can’t even fault you for this! Look at that one, his smile is so pretty! Jeez and this one is so tall. I bet his body is really nice.” Jinki sighed in relief and pulled Jonghyun into a backhug.

“So does this mean you’re coming with me when I go visit Taemin for Spring Break?”

“That’s months from now!” Jonghyun pouted “I think we can arrange a little sleepover before then.”

Jinki smirked. “I love you!”

~

[ "The picture Jinki showed Jonghyun" (Taemin took it?) lol ]

tell it again.