no. 11

Dream Drabbles

~IV~

“Kibum-ah, what are you doing? What’s wrong?”

Kibum was currently pacing back and forth on Eunsook’s bed and meowing loudly enough to wake the neighbors.

Noona, something is wrong with Taemin. I don’t know what to do! Come, come!

He jumped down off the bed and stood by the door. Eunsook rolled herself out of bed and followed him to the living room where Taemin was lying on the floor next to his own vomit, breathing hard.

“Oh my god! Minnie! My baby! Oh, what do I do??” She ran to grab her purse and Taemin’s carrier. Carefully, she placed him in it and then they were gone.

Kibum stared at the door for a minute or two before going back to where he and Taemin had been sleeping. Taemin’s vomit was still there reminding him that his friend was in trouble. He went to lie on the couch.

About 15 minutes later, Eunsook’s friend Woohyun came over. As she had belatedly thought about Kibum, she sent Woohyun to look after him. He was the only one of her friends that Kibum had ever warmed up to. He sat on the couch next to Kibum.

“Bum-ah, are you okay?” As Woohyun went to pet Kibum, he hissed at him and jumped off of the couch. “I guess not.” He said, as Kibum stalked towards the kitchen.

Taemin-ah! What happened to you? I should have protected you..  I miss you! He cried from his place next to Taemin’s bowl.

*ring* *ring*

“Oh hey, Sook! Is Taemin okay?”

“Yea, just swallowed an earring. They removed it, he’s sleeping now. How’s Kibum?”

“He doesn’t look so good. He’s just sitting next to Tae’s bowl, meowing. I don’t know much about cats, Sook, but I think he’s crying. He even hissed at me for the first time. What should I do?”

Eunsook sighed “I’m not sure, this has never happened before but we’ll be home soon.”

-

A few hours later, Eunsook returned to find Woohyun asleep on the couch and Kibum waiting by the door. As soon as she put Taemin’s carrier down, Kibum walked straight towards it and went in to see Taemin. Eunsook smiled and went into her room. Kibum Taemin a few times until he woke up.

Bummie?

I’m here Minnie, are you okay?

Yea. They said I swallowed an earring but I don’t remember.

Idiot Kibum meowed as he continued cleaning Taemin.

Bummie, are you okay?

He hesitated. I just should have been watching. I could have paid closer attention to you. I’m so sorry Taemin-ah. He cried.

Taemin stopped Kibum from cleaning him. Hey Kibum, this is not your fault. You said it yourself. I’m an idiot. I should have known that thing wasn’t food, I could have spit it out when I realized that. But I’m fine now. See! He left the carrier and stretched himself out. Kibum followed. So don’t blame yourself and thank you so much for worrying about me, Bummie! Taemin nuzzled against his friend.

Woohyun had cleaned up Taemin’s mess earlier so they curled up in their usual spot and snuggled together.

I love you, Minnie. Purred Kibum.

I love you too, Bummie.

 

~V~

Noona, there is dirt under this stuff! Meowed Kibum as he looked out over the yard.

She can’t understand you, Kibum. And it’s not “stuff”, noona said it’s called grass.

I know that! It’s just.. ugh, I’ll stay over here.

Eunsook, Kibum, and Taemin had gone to visit her mother for a few days and while Taemin was enjoying his new surroundings, Kibum had decided to find a spot on the porch away from anything he would have a hard time getting out of his fur.

“Honey, are you sure they’ll be okay out here?” said Eunsook’s mother as she eyed the two cats.

“They should be fine. Kibum doesn’t really like dirt but the fresh air will do us all some good.”

Hey, this stuff is awesome! It’s all cold and pointy..  but it’s soft too!

I thought you said it wasn’t “stuff”.

Aw come on Kibum. Come play with me. It’ll be fun!

I’ll pass!

Fine, mister grumpy paws!

Taemin busied himself with the grass for a while before he found himself face to face with a grasshopper. Both ready to pounce, it was a stare down for the history books until finally a winner was decided.

NOONA! KIBUM! A MONSTER! HE’S GONNA KILL ME HHHEEELLLLPPP! Taemin ran back to the porch as fast as his legs would allow and barreled directly into Kibum which sent them skidding across the porch landing Kibum’s tail right underneath Eunsook’s mother’s rocking chair. He yelped and jumped straight up into the air.

“I think it’s time to go inside.” said Eunsook

 

~VI~

“Kibum, Kibum wake up!”

He stirred

“Kibum look! We’re human!”

Kibum’s eyes shot wide open

“What?! How did this happen?”

“I don’t know, let’s go wake noona!”

“Taemin wait!” he stopped him “Don’t you think she’ll freak out if she randomly finds two men in her apartment.”

Taemin looked himself up and down and then gave Kibum a once-over as well. Kibum sat on the couch and crossed his legs. “Hm, you’re right..” said Taemin. They thought for a bit.

“Minnie, noona is a heavy sleeper, right?” Taemin nodded. “So we can just borrow some of her clothes.”

“Our Bummie is so smart!” Taemin kissed his cheek. “Let’s go!”

They snuck into Eunsook’s room and as usual she was sound asleep. They grabbed a handful of clothes each and ran back to the living room.

-

After painstakingly figuring out how to “get dressed”, Taemin and Kibum quietly went back into Eunsook’s room. Taemin climbed into bed with her wearing basketball shorts and a Christmas sweater and began peppering her face with kisses.

“No Rain, we can’t. What about your wife?” She mumbled. She slowly opened her eyes to find Taemin smiling at her.

“AAAHHHHHH!!!” she screamed “Who are you? Get away please!” She grabbed her covers closer to her “I’m not very pretty, I don’t have any money! You can keep that sweater!”

“It’s me, noona. Taemin. Kibum’s here too. And I do think you’re pretty.”

“What the hell are you talking about? Taemin is a cat. And..” She then noticed his hair shaved and cheetah print on the sides and jet black on top. She noticed the other man standing in the doorway.

“Yo noona!” She paled at the sight of his hair too, white in the back and gray in the front wearing a tank top and skinny jeans.

“But how?”

“We don’t know either” said Taemin “We just woke up like this.”

“I’ll make you some tea.” Said Kibum

“Wait, do you even know how to make tea?”

“I’ve seen you do it plenty of times. How hard could it be?”

“No thanks! I’ll do it.” She said

-

In the living room, Taemin sat by her feet watching her drink her tea and Kibum sat on the arm of the couch.

“This is weird.” Said Eunsook

“You’re telling me. We have several appendages that we are definitely not used to.” Said Kibum. Eunsook blushed.

“Do you know long you guys are gonna be like this?”

“Not a clue.”

Taemin took Eunsook’s tea and set it on the coffee table. He snuggled up next to her. “I like it. It’s way easier to hug noona like this.”

“Taemin, please control yourself. Noona probably doesn’t-”

“You wanna cuddle too, Kibum?” She asked

“…yea sure”

He joined the other two. “You know, you two make pretty hot guys.” Said Eunsook.

Taemin smiled. “Do we?” said Kibum “Humans all look the same to me.”

“Yea look.” She led them to the mirror in her room. “You both are pretty tall. Taeminnie has full lips and soft eyes. He’s got a great nose and a kick- body line. And you, Kibum. Your eyes are still very feline but really expressive. You have high cheekbones and perfect bow-shaped lips. Plus my skinny jeans look way better on you than they ever did on me.” They both looked in the mirror as though they were trying to see all the things she just said.

“I don’t think so.” Said Taemin

“What?”

“Minnie’s right. These jeans look really good on you.”

“Are you kidding me? My legs are so big, they barely fit. I get such a muffin top too. Ew.” She laughed.

“Stop it!” said Taemin “I won’t let anybody talk about you like that. Not even you.”

“Yea,” said Kibum “no matter how you look, we love you.”

“Besides,” said Taemin as he put his arms around her “skinny people don’t feel this nice.”

“You’re not fat! But Tae’s right.” Kibum glared at Taemin and put his arms around her too. They nuzzled and kissed at her face and neck.

“Guys stop it, you’re tickling me. Quit it, Tae don’t touch me there, Key you’re so bad…”

Eunsook woke up with Kibum in between her legs and Taemin perched near her head.

“Oh, a dream. How weird.” She cuddled them a bit closer and hit snooze on her alarm. Taemin purred. “I gotta stop eating before bed.”

 

 

 

 

 

 


I dreamt of kitties again! I hope you guys like em! :)