no. 6

Dream Drabbles

“So anyways, he just left her there. Can you believe that?”

Kibum was having one of those days. He had felt like being alone lately and today when he went into work, they told him to go home because he didn’t “look well” whatever that means. He felt okay though so he decided to go to the park. Now he was talking some guy’s ear off about a book he had read recently.

“You know sometimes I think I’m too much of a realist to enjoy any decent work of fiction. So, what kind of books do you like?”

The man was about to respond a kid came over and tapped him on the shoulder.

“Uncle Jinki, are you okay? Who is this?”

 “Oh I’m sorry, I’m Kibum. I was just talking to your uncle here about books and stuff.” Kibum said, flustered.

“What do you mean?” said the kid.

The man then said something in sign language to the boy.

“Nice to meet you.” He bowed. “My name is Han Sanghyuk and I am ten years old. This is my uncle Jinki. He is my mom’s brother and he is deaf.” the boy said as if he had rehearsed it. Jinki smiled and so did Kibum.

“Well aren’t you a good nephew.” It was then that Kibum remembered that he had been talking to this man for 20 mins and he had no idea that he was deaf. His face turned red. “Oh my god, I am so rude. I was talking for all that time and I didn’t even know!”

The kid smiled “Uncle Jinki is a really good lip reader.” Kibum turned to him and Jinki nodded and smiled the brightest smile Kibum had ever seen. Kibum relaxed a little bit.

Suddenly Jinki was digging through the backpack on the bench next to him. He pulled out a small piece of paper and a pen. He scribbled something onto it and gave it to Kibum.

 

I like murder mysteries

(574) 773 9823

 

 

 

 

 

~

I made Hyuk Jinki's nephew because i think they're singing voices are sorta similar. Just a silly headcanon of mine :3

(also, the phone number is fake. just random numbers. lol.)