The meeting 2

The Retrieved Soul

Taeyeon’s speech ended with applauses from the audiences , some were agigated by her very moving comments on the entertainment industry, she is nonetheless the legend of the era. As her award was the last category of the night, she has been requested to stay on stage and all the other celebrities were being invited to go to the stage for an ending toast. The event crews were passing around champagnes to the celebrities but for being smaller in size, they missed out taeyeon. She didn’t know what to hold on to at that time and it had started to feel awkward for her, right at the moment she wanted to haul a crew to notify him, she felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned around to see the same lady that tugged her wrist holding a champagne glass up near her chest level and smiled at her. Taeyeon was taken aback although she kept her neutral friendly face. It has been ages since she last felt like this, that her breath halted for a second and her mind being in outer universe.

The other time that she could recall was at her parents’ funeral when she was at the age of 9. She could not stop crying when she was delivered the news of her parents’ death, every single soul’s heart that saw her that day would ache at the sight of this pitiful young girl. While she was tearing profusely at the funeral, she was handed a vanilla scented handkerchief by another girl her age. The scent of the handkerchief was so soothing and by looking into the other girl’s eyes , she found comfort. The girl mumbled, ‘I’m sorry, you may clean your tears with this.’ And then the little girl left.

Taeyeon’s crying stopped and she blanked out for a long time, just enough for her to realize that she had to be strong starting from that day to live her own life without her parents’ care.  After the tragic plane crash, she was left alone with yoona’s parents who happened to be their family friends. They took good care of her and with the company yoona gave her throughout all these years, taeyeon managed to grow into a fine lady with the sorrow of losing her parents at young age way behind her mind. She never looked back since then.

A loud cheer from the emcee snapped her back into reality. There she was standing right in front of this girl, so stunned.

‘Hello Ms Kim, I saw you without a glass earlier so I thought I could hand you one,’ Said the lady in red dress.

Right after a quick integrating inside her mind, taeyeon replied ‘I’m sorry, the loud sound system made me dizzy for a while, oh why thank you so much , that’s very nice of you…………. Ms Hwang, am I right?’ Taeyeon remembered seeing the nametag on the seat next to her.

‘Yepp, that’s me. I love your dress! I wanted to do black as well tonight but my stylist didn’t let.’ Ms Hwang said with a small pout.

‘Thank you! Well I think your stylist does have a better instinct, I think you stand out more in red. There is already too much black here tonight!’ Taeyeon commented sincerely. The other girl beamed with her eye smiles.

‘CHEEEEEERRRRSSSSS…. To all of us and next year!! Thank you so much for tonight ladies and gentlemen, have a wonderful night~~~~~~~!!’ said the emcees.

People started bidding goodbye after the last toast, some were heading to the after party and some were leaving. Yoona went over to Taeyeon along with two bodyguards to her out of the venue. Taeyeon never liked going to parties where everyone gets to know each other and have fun, basically she doesn’t have anyone to feel fun with. The only person she likes being with is Yoona, the only person she cares beside herself. Just when she was about to walk out of the hall, she heard her name .

‘Hey Ms Kim, are you leaving already? ‘ said the lady with red dress.

‘Hello again Ms Hwang, is there anything I can help you? ‘

‘I’m just wondering if you are joining the party tonight?’

‘I’m sorry , I’m afraid I’m not.’ Taeyeon said with a apologetic smile.

‘Owh, may I know why?’ Ms Hwang asked with a curious tone.

‘I’ve just got back from a hectic schedule , so I think I would like to have a good recharge before my work commences again.’ It’s only half of the truth, Taeyeon just want to be left alone.

‘What a pity, I would love to talk to you about your work actually but it’s okay, we will be meeting soon I believe! Now please do take care and have a good night!’

Taeyeon was slightly surprised of what Ms Hwang said. We will be meeting soon?

‘I’m looking forward to see you again then! Have a great night yourself!’ Taeyeon said before she walked out of the hall.

While they were in the limousine, Taeyeon turned to Yoona with a questioned look and asked ‘ Yoon.. do you know this lady? Tiffany Hwang? I don’t recall seeing or knowing her from anywhere in this field, judging from her seat in my row, is there something I’ve missed out?

Yoona startled for a few seconds before answering, ‘well, I haven’t got quite the chance to update you about this, she’s the daughter of our CEO, and also the second largest shareholder of the company, she wasn’t planning to have her career in Korea before this but I heard she is interested in expanding some of our company’s assets, which I’m not so sure about that yet. It was only last week before she took over the title of General Manager.’

‘Owh, where was she rooted before this?’ Taeyeon finds this Tiffany intriguing.

‘Hmm...she was handling some big name artists in Hollywood before this, quite a talent she has there to manage a few fields, she got herself involved in fashion and property lines as well but I guess her dad needs her now. Owh! Now that I remember, wait let me check my note…. You will be having a meeting with her on Monday to discuss about your directions in few upcoming offers.’

Taeyeon chuckled slightly, ‘There are always stars beyond stars right? Guess I’m not the only great person here.’

‘Don’t be greedy tae… you are a legend already.’

Taeyeon turned to look out of the car window and let out a sigh in heart.

Not if without the cost I paid…………

 

 

 

 

hihi.. sorry for splitting this chapter into two.. my brain was stuck for a while.. :D 

this is what tiffany is wearing at the award giving... :D hope you guys love the begining.... ^^ byeeeeee