My Beloved... Chapter Four

My Beloved... (NOT AN UPDATE BUT PLEASE READ 5/31/17)

My Beloved… Chapter Four


 

“Marry me, hyung.”

 

“Huh?” Sunggyu blinks, trying to process what Woohyun said just now.

 

“I said ‘Marry me, hyung’. Are you deaf?” Woohyun snorts at Sunggyu.

 

“Are you stupid? Why should I marry you, of all people?” Sunggyu retorts at Woohyun, as if the latter says the most ridiculous thing in the world

 

“Either marry me or you won’t get to see your dear Myungsoo and Mrs. Kim again, along with your family business.”

 

“Why you…” Sunggyu narrows his eyes at Woohyun about that statement and is about to continue what to say when Woohyun cuts him.

 

“You also have no choice but to accept it, Kim Sunggyu.”

 

Sunggyu groans and sighs before asking, “No alternatives?”

 

“It’s a complementary deal.”

 

“You mean…” Sunggyu’s small eyes widen slightly at the realization of the so-called “deal” that Woohyun mention as the latter smirks.

 

“You catch up fast, hyung. And yes, aside from marrying me, you will work in your family business as my assistant.”

 

“Why should I work in my father’s company when I can manage it just fine?” Sunggyu raises his brow at Woohyun.

 

“You think you’re capable?” Woohyun asks Sunggyu, with an intention of provoking the latter.

 

Realizing the intention, Sunggyu asks back as if accepting the challenge, “Why? Did you really think the company will go down if I manage it?”

 

“Frankly, yes.” Woohyun says bluntly.

 

“How so?” Sunggyu asks calmly.

 

“Having an investigation about what you are up to, for the past seven years. It seems like you became an underground musician in London. You think I will let you manage your company with such low-life profession despite being a wealthy and a very intelligent person you are?”

 

Sunggyu’s eyes widen at the information that Woohyun just utter.

 

“How did you…”

 

“Get the information about you being an underground musician? Let’s say that I forced the information out of your friend’s mouth.” Woohyun

 

Sunggyu narrows his eyes at Woohyun before standing up from the couch, going towards Woohyun and grabs him by the collar.

 

“What did you do to Ryeowook-hyung?!” Sunggyu asks angrily.

 

“What makes you think I did something to him, hyung?” Woohyun smirks as he looks at Sunggyu in the eyes.

 

“I know what you are capable of, Nam Woohyun. Just tell me where he is and what did you do?”

 

“Maybe I killed him or maybe not, who knows?” Woohyun still smirking while playing innocent.

 

Sunggyu is already at his peak and lets go of Woohyun’s collar but wraps his hand around Woohyun’s neck as he pins him down on the couch as hovers over Woohyun, glaring dangerously.

 

“Don’t mess with me, you . Where is he?!” Sunggyu asks with husky voice that is very y but scary at the same time, according to Woohyun.

 

Said person on the other hand, is having a hard time breathing as he is being strangled and can’t even utter any sentence.

 

Sunggyu notices this and smirks, “You’re not so tough after all, Nam Woohyun-ssi.”

 

Woohyun glares at Sunggyu as he tries to utter words that he could muster, “H-he’s...go…”

 

“What?”

 

“S-stop….c-chok...ing...me…”

 

Sunggyu lets go of Woohyun’s neck. After doing that, everything happen so fast and he finds himself lying down and Woohyun hovering over him, both hands pinning his arms above his head.

 

“Do you really thing that I am that low to kill someone, hyung?” Woohyun says as he’s panting, trying to regain his breath as he glares at Sunggyu.

 

“Then why didn’t you ans-?”

 

“You should know me better than that, despite everything!” Woohyun says it in a voice that can be define as “hurt” but Sunggyu is too oblivious to notice as he stares at Woohyun’s eyes.

 

“I-I…”

 

“You want to know where he is? Then I tell you. I already let go of him and he’s back to the hotel you are staying. I also told him yesterday that I have some business with you and won’t be back until later. Happy?” Woohyun says coldly as he regains his breath.

 

Sunggyu can only nod his head and utters something that Woohyun doesn’t catch.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Y-you…” Sunggyu softly says as Woohyun at him in confusion.

 

“What?”

 

“You… get-” Sunggyu isn’t able to finish his sentence when they hear the front door opens.

 

“I’m back with the grocer…eh?”

 

Both Sunggyu and Woohyun turn their heads towards the direction where they see the beautiful maiden Jin, whose eyes are wide in surprise and lost her grasp on the plastic bag of groceries as her face flushes bright red like a tomato at the sight.

 

Woohyun raises his brow and is about to ask Jin why her face is red when the latter beats him, “S-sorry for i-interrupting. I-I’ll be in the kitchen…” And grabs the plastic bags filled with groceries as she rushes in the kitchen, not even looking back.

 

Woohyun blinks in confusion and is about to ask when someone clears his throat. Woohyun looks down at Sunggyu, whose face is a bit red.

 

“Why is your face red as well? Are you sick?”

 

“N-no…” Sunggyu stutters.

 

“Then wha- oh?”

 

0-0-0-0-0

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun are now sitting opposite from each other: Sunggyu drinking his tea that was served just now by Jin while Woohyun is looking elsewhere. And Jin, who is observing them silently as she sits beside Woohyun.

 

Woohyun who can’t take the awkwardness anymore, decides to start the conversation, “So what will be your answer to the deal?”

 

“No, thanks.” Sunggyu calmly answers.

 

“Really now?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Then say goodbye to your family and business, hyu-”

 

“Can you give me time to think about this, Nam Woohyun? Please?” Sunggyu feeling helpless about his situation, beg said person to think the situation through as he could no longer know what to do.

 

Woohyun seeing this, can’t help but feel bad about it but it needs to be done.

 

“Why didn’t you ask about that earlier? Instead of being stubborn. If you told me that, you would have been out of this house to think.”

 

“You should have asked me in a nicer and more detailed way, stupid Nam.” Sunggyu retorts at Woohyun.

 

Woohyun snorts at Sunggyu before gesturing his hand at Jin, “You must have met Jin, right? Her real name is Park Myeong-eun. You can call her “Jin” if you like.” Jin bows at Sunggyu in respect as she smiles warmly while Woohyun continues his speech, “You can ask her anything in my place because I won’t be able to entertain you as I am a busy man.”

 

Woohyun stands up from the couch then, faces Jin and asks her to write her number to give it to Sunggyu as he walk towards upstairs but stops briefly and turns around to look at Sunggyu, who is still sitting on the couch, facing him.

 

“One more thing, I will only give you two days to think about the deal. If you can’t make your decision by that time, I’ll consider it as a ‘no’ and you know what will happen after that. You may go after you eat lunch here. It will be done soon. Please excuse me, Kim Sunggyu-ssi.” After that, Woohyun proceeds upstairs without looking back, leaving both Sunggyu and Jin with an awkward atmosphere.

 

Sunggyu sighs as he leans his back to the couch, feeling pressured all of a sudden. Jin looks at Sunggyu with pity and sympathy but can’t do anything aside from telling him that he should stay for lunch before going.

 

Sunggyu only nods his head as he is too deep into his mind, thinking.

 

0-0-0-0-0

 

The time Woohyun comes down from upstairs, he sees Sunggyu already at the front door, talking and bowing his head to Jin in respect before opening the front door and walks out. Woohyun sees Jin waving her hand before closing the door.

 

“So he’s gone, huh?”

 

Jin quickly turns her head towards his direction and she frowns at him.

 

“Is it really necessary to kidnap him and tell him that, Woohyun-oppa?”

 

“He’s not the type of person to talk with without using force, Myeong-eun. He’s a stubborn person, after all.”

 

Jin sighs and mumbles something under her breath, that Woohyun decides to ignore as he looks at the front door as he smirks in anticipation.

 

‘What will it be your answer, Kim Sunggyu.’

 

0-0-0-0-0

Hello, everyone! I'm back with another chapter but it's only short(?) though. I have been busy with school lately and even I have a one week vacation, there's a lot of school work to do. I apologize.
Also, regarding "Castaway", I might be able to have an update once "My Beloved..." reached 10 chapters.
I will do my best to update as much as I can or as soon as possible. I hope you all enjoy reading "My Beloved..." so far and hope you will enjoy "Castaway" as well.
 
Thank you for the views (silent readers), upvotes (for those who might upvote and already upvoted), subscribing (old and new subscribers who still sticks to the story) -thank you for the 79 subscribers, by the way-, for commenting and feedback (hope I get more XD) and for reading my story "My Beloved...". Thank you again~!!
 
Do no hesitate to give comments or feedbacks, it will give me great motivation to type my stories. ^_^
 
-lunaichinomiya