Vacation!

Trapped On An Island

Taeyeon's POV

 

I hear the ring of my alarm clock. The ringing sound of freedom. Freedom from hell. From the prison that all students go in, SCHOOL. I graduated from high school.

 

TY"Nnggghh!!! Ahhh..." I woke up, squinting my eyes to see a better view of my surrounding.I turned off the alarm clock. I remembered that it was summer break. No school. No more studying. No more homeworks. Finally, a long term days off. I was about to sleep again but...

 

Ring Ringggg Ring Ringgg Ring Ringgg

 

Huh? I thought I already turned off my alarm clock. What could be ringing?

 

TY"My phone!" I started to look for my phone.

 

TY"Oh! There it is!" I immediatley grabbed my phone that was on the nightstand without looking who the caller is.

 

TY"Hello? Who is this?"

 

JC"Hello my !!!  Where are you??!! You're freakin' two hours late!! I've been waiting here at the restaurant near the Soshi Cruise Line! You said we would meet but YOU.AREN'T.HERE!!! I'm seriously gonna-"

 

I put the phone away from my ear and because of that I was completely awaken by a deafing dolphin voice of my 'wonderful(and obviously loud)' best friend, Jessica. I could hear her cursing even though my phone was an arm away from me.

 

Now I can't go back to sleep!! Why is she so loud!! Can't she tone her voice down?! It's morning for pete's sake! And what am I late for? We're  gonna meet at Soshi Cruise Line? Hhhmmm... I wonder what we're going to do.

 

 

 I remember that she was gonna do shopping and she wants me to go with her because I got a good taste on what clothes to wear but of course she just wants me to do two things. One is to pick a great dress for her and two, praise her like she’s a princess. Well, she is the daughter of the owner of the Jung Corporation. So basically, she’s living her life like a princess.

 

I keep wondering what we are going to do today but I can’t seem to remember!!! Ughhh!!! Stupid brain!!

 

JC" HEY!!!! Kim Taeyeon!!! Do you hear me?! Answer this instant!!!!” I put the phone near my ear again but not so near that I’m gonna be a real deaf person.

 

TY" Could you please lower your voice? My ear is hurtin’ me.”

 

JC” Okay, I’ll lower it but I want to hear your explanation of why you’re late Kim Taeyeon!”

 

TY” Late? What am I late for? It’s not classes right? Because I clearly heard the professor yesterday that there ain’t more classes for the next 4 months.”

 

JC” You don’t remember?! It’s our trip!! We were gonna go cruising!! You said that that would be a change of scenery because  we only go shopping!!! You’re so forgetful!!”

 

Ah! Our trip! I totally forgot about that!!! I was so happy going home that I forgot that we’re going cruising today!!!! Ahhhh!! I need to get changed immediately so I can catch the ship!!!

 

TY” Sorry Jessi!! I’ll get changed right away! Just wait and I’ll be there in a jiffy.”

 

JC” You better be here or you’ll see your life flashing before you.” That was what Jessi said before she hung up on me. It sent shivers down my spine.

 

I hurried to prepare myself for our trip, good thing my past self remembered to pack the things I’ll need! I briefly checked the things I’ll be taking with me.

 

  • Clothes for the next few days ~Check 
  • Canned food and gummy bears and worms for my snacks, also water ~Check
  • My hygeine kit, of course for hygenic uses. ~Check
  • My journal where I put everything that happened in my life. ~Check
  • Phone, powerbank and charger, when I get bored I'll just play with my phone ~Check
  • The swiss knife that my father gave me. ~Check
  • Other things that I MIGHT need ~Check

 

"Ah, this swiss knife has a lot of memories... I'll forever treasure it. For my father and mother." I suddenly remember the time where my father and mother was killed. I was so angry when that happened. It was all because my father was protecting a life of a Jung. Jessica's father to be exact. He was assigned to protect Mr. Jung and he died  protecting him. Mr. Jung offered us to live with him and that is the time when I met their daughter, my best friend, Jessica.

 

I remember that I was going to meet her! I hurried again and when I was done, I went downstairs to see my mother cooking breakfast.

 

Ms. Kim" Taeyeon! Come! Here is your food for your trip, eat well okay? Don't get sick, now go! You wouldn't want Jessica to wait, don't you?

 

TY" How do you know mom? That I am having a trip with Jessica today?" I grabbed a toast while taking the food and water my mom made for me.

 

Ms. Kim" I heard Jessica's voice down here. That's where I got the idea you would be leaving to go on a trip with her."

 

She was so loud that she could be heard from downstairs!!! It's so embarrassing that my mom would hear that I'm late for a meeting!!! 

 

TY" Uhhhh, Thanks mom! Bye now! She's already mad at me for being late!! Bye bye!" With that I left my home to go to the restaurant we were supposed to meet.

 

 


 

Jessica's POV

 

Taeyeon is late. Well I'm late myself. No, I'm not late because I got here an hour and 55 minutes after our meeting time and she wasn't here when I got here so basically she is the one who's late. Then I called her after 5 minutes and I said that she was 2 hours late! Hahaha good thinking Jessica! You're totally smart!! I'm not going to tell Taeyeon that I was just late as her. Hehehe I'm so good at act-

 

My narcissism was interrupted by a voice calling out to me from a distance. I looked at the direction where it was coming from and I saw the girl who I tricked. She was running to me. When she came to me she was panting. So many beads of sweat are visible in her forehead. I offered my handkerchief to her as my apology because I tricked her but I'm not telling her that. Hehehe...

 

TY" I'm very (pant) sorry Jessi!! I (pant)  forgot to set my alarm (pant) yesterday because I was so (pant) happy to go home!! I'm very, very sorry!!!"  I gave her a glass of water too because I know that she would come here running.

 

JC" It's okay now, I forgive you. Now we'd need to wait half an hour because the first ship departed already so I reschedule our trip to Jeju."

 

TY" Okay, so what should we do while we wait? Eat? Because I haven't eaten breakfast beside toast."

 

JC" Sure, order what you want, my treat!" I am very happy that our trip was not cancelled. Though I don't like travelling because I just sleep it until we get to our destination but this time I'll try to stay awake to see the scenery that Taeyeon. After all this vacation will be our last because we will be in college in the coming school year...

 

TY" Jessi!! Earth to Jessi!!!! Jessica!!!! JUNG JESSICA!!!"

 

JC" Huh?! What?! What happened? Is something wrong?!" The food she ordered was on the table and she was about to eat it and Taeyeon was looking at me with her big eyes. 

 

So cute...

 

TY" Yes, there is something wrong about you... you're spacing out. You never space out except when your worrying about something."

 

JC" Hahaha, I'm just thinking about what we're going to do when we get to Jeju. Maybe we'll go tan ourselves at the beach ? Go see the sunrise? I heard that there was a good place where the sunrise is breath-taking. Maybe cave exploring? But I don't like dark places, but Taeyeon will be there to guard me right? There are so many things to explore in Jeju, don't you think?"

 

Ahhh... I lied again, why am I lying? Maybe I'm starting to realise that Taeyeon and I could be separated when we're in college?

 

TY" I'll always be by your side, after all we're bestfriends! Hmm... there are many things that we can do. I wonder what we should do first... maybe visit a temple? Yes yes maybe a temple first."

 

Cling!

 

I heard the door chime ring. A woman walked in, a beautiful one. She was looking around the restaurant. Looks like she's looking for someone. Well I'll just leave her be.

 

TY(Whisper)" Hey Jessi, a pretty girl just walked in. Look at her dress, it suits her well, ain't it? Ohhh the shoes are pretty too... they match!"

 

JC(Whisper)" Yes, her dress kinda suits her. But why are we whispering? Shouldn't we just talk normally?"

 

TY(Whisper)" Hahaha, I'm kinda will be embarassed if she heard that we're talking about how that dress suit her. Hehehe..." I looked at the time, there was only a quarter of an hour left.

 

JC" Well, look at the time! Looks like we gotta go to the Cruise Line so we can get reservation in the rooms! Come now Taeyeon!"

 

TY" But I haven't finished my food yet! It's so yummy!! Please Jessi, just let me finish this!"

 

JC" Nope! We're going to the ship right now!" I was about to drag Taeyeon to the door but I heard the door opening. I turned my head to see another woman. Taller than me, she is tanned and somehow I was intrigued by her beauty. It was the first time that I saw such a beauty that is tanned. It was in slow motion when she flipped her hair at the door. She was like a fallen angel. She saw me looking at her and she smiled! I looked away immediatley because was staring at her and when I turned around, Taeyeon was already finished with her food.

 

Wow, how fast can this girl eat? 

 

JC" Taeyeon come on now! We need to go! We need to catch the ship or we'll be waiting for another 2 hours and a half!" I heard two girls giggling behind us. Seems that they are laughing about us. I was embarassed about that. I was never embarassed about talking loudly to Taeyeon in public but for the first time, I ,Jung Jessica, am embarrased because a beautiful, tall and tanned girl was watching me.

 

TY" Okay okay, I just need to drink water because I'm really thirsty right now. (Gulp) (Gulp) (Gulp) Okay, now let's go! Ah! Wait I want ice cream! Just wait a sec, alright?" Taeyeon happily said and she stood brushing the bits of food that was on her lap.

 

JC" Okay okay. Just make it quick! I'll wait for you outside. I'll be waiting for you!"

 

I was going to open the door but my hand and the tanned girl's hand were both on the door knob. There was a few seconds before I realise what was happening and I immediatley withdrew my hand. When I looked at her, she was smiling again.

 

Oh that smile, it's like warm arms are hugging me to sleep.

 

She opened the door for me. Gesturing that I should go out first. She was still smiling when I got out.

 

JC" Thank you, for opening the door for me, uh?" I was trying to ask her name, I hope she understands.

 

YR" Yuri, Kwon Yuri. Nice to meet you too, miss?" She was offering a handshake to me. 

 

Oh no. No no no no she's trying to make friends with Jessica! Say your name! Your name!

 

I can't speak because she was so beautiful, I was starstrucked by her beauty.

 

JC" J-Jung Jessica, my name is Jung Jessica." I stuttered!! So embarrasing!

 

YR" Well we need to go, so bye! Tiffany! Let's go?"It seems that Yuri-sshi is calling her friend that she's with.

 

JC" Okay, bye now! We will go somewhere too. Have a safe trip!" They started to walk towards to their destination. I can only watch her back, slowly and slowly growing smaller. It's like something is holding me back from catching the star that I've been searching for years. Then suddenly...

 

TY" Hey!!! What'cha lookin' at, Jessi?" I was surprised at Taeyeon who suddenly appeared behind me. I jumped a little because of that.

 

JC" Oi!! Don't scare me like that!!"

 

TY" Hehehehe, sorry Jessi! I didn't think that I could scare you to that extent. Hehehe very sorry!"

 

JC" Well apologizing will get you nowhere. So instead of apologizing, let's go to the Soshi Cruise Line! Let us go to Jeju Island!!!"

 

TY" Yeah!!! I'm soooo excited!!! LET.US.GO. to Jeju Island!!!!!!!"

 

 

 

 


 

Well, first of all. I apologize to the people who were expecting to have new chapters to this story. Second, I'm renewing the story because I thought that it was too fast, so I changed it up a bit to spice it up.

 

And at last, thank you for reading this chapter. Expect me to continue this story as much as I could. So please be patient to me because my schedule is packed. I only have a short time to complete a chapter.

 

Thanks again for reading this... Please enjoy the next chapter that are soon to be uploaded. Bye bye!!!