love in the subway

Baeksoo oneshot* collection

Love in the subway

Description: Kyungsoo is embarrassing. very embarrassing

More and more! Are you proud of me?


Kyungsoo first saw him when he got on the bus. He looked in after tapping his transport card, and there he was sitting in the seat right beside the window, the sun making his sliver hair glow beautifully. Kyungsoo didnt know the guy, but he made his heart beat like crazy anyways.

He had to do a double take when slowly all the other passengers started getting up from their seat and dancing cabaret using the support poles. Kyungsoo didn't know why they were doing that but he felt the festive mood in his body; he heard music, nice, slow, and sensual. His shoulders moved with the beat and the his legs moved to the music, taking him, on their accord, to the beauty. 

In an unusual burst of self confidence, Kyungsoo slid into the seat right beside the boy and spoke to him, "This is a really festive bus isn't it?"

The boy turned to Kyungsoo with pure bewilderment written on his face, "What?"

Suddenly all the music died and Kyungsoo realized that he had just imagined all the people dancing.

And that comment became the first of many comments Kyungsoo wished he had never said in front of this beautiful person who turned out to be a complete . Just why did he have to be so pretty that Kyungsoo couldn't just murder him and throw his body away. It would be a serious waste and Kyungsoo wasn't a wasteful person. He would have to deal with it.

This was their silly story of embarrassment and mortification all packaged in one small compact form...i.e. Kyungsoo

--

"Festive bus? I have to tell my friends this." Baekyhun said as he tried to gulp down the laughter and try to quiet down again because he was getting dirty looks from some passengers. 

Kyungsoo blushed, "I heard some music when i was getting on is all."

Chucking, Baekhyun answered, "nope, not on the bus maybe outside."

Kyungsoo definitely wasn't gonna inform him of the cabaret dancers. Another round of mortification would definitely kill him AND ruin his chances with this guy.

"I'm Baekhyun! And you?"

"Kyungsoo...your silver hair is beautiful." Kyungsoo needed to sew his mouth shut.

Baekhyun perked up a bit at that. "Why thank you! Minseok, he's a friend, said that I would look stupid."

"You don't!"

"...thank you again! you really are easy with compliments eh?"

Kyungsoo shook his head and then looked away, feeling flustered and slightly warm under Baekhyun's gaze. Turns out they were going to the same college. Baekhyun was studying project management, and Kyungsoo was studying  business analytics. Let that be proof that Kyungsoo wasn't usually as awkward. Today was just not his day. He probably didn't sleep well, leading to the hallucinations and loss of conversational skills. When they parted ways at the campus, Kyungsoo hoped that he would see the silver haired boy again but he dared not say it in fear of saying something stupid again and have Baekhyun laugh at him again, despite how angelic his laugh could be.

--x--

Kyungsoo stood at his bus stop again, well rested and prepared for witty comebacks. Just his luck though that Baekhyun wasn't on his bus. He hadn't bumped into Baekhyun the whole of yesterday and he was feeling a bit stupid for not getting his contact information. What if he didn't get to see his silver angel.

His bus deposited him at an underground subway terminal and he made his way to wait for the train to roll in. As it was doing so, the wind picked up, and started ruffling some silver strands down the platform. Kyungsoo's eyes honed in on the person and sure enough there was Baekhyun, looking beautiful as ever with the wind playing around him, weaving in and out through his strands, tousling them, ruffling his clothes, pushing them flush against his torso, outlining a toned stomach. Kyungsoo hadn't realized when he started but he was making his way towards the boy, people willingly stepping out of his way. Two contemporary? dancers were moving down along with him, soft music, matching Baekhyun's smiling features started playing as they made eye contact. Kyungsoo sighed at the smile directed towards him, feeling slightly drunk off of his beauty.

The dancers started circling the two, doing their own thing... why? Kyungsoo didn't know. Maybe subway performers? who cares?

"The wind suits you!" Kyungsoo blabbed as soon as he opened his mouth. The wind suits you? THE WIND SUITS YOU? ing great. not a hello or anything, he had to look like an idiot first thing. Now Baekhyun was staring at him with the same wide eyed confused look he shot him on the first day, and then he smiled.

"Sorry?"

"Uh, I said hi!"

"Hey! Didn't see you on the bus today so I thought your classes started at a different time."

"No! We just probably missed each other. I was sad to not see you on there as well."

Baekhyun giggled, "I never said i was sad, but its cute that you feel so strongly about everything. I was also not very happy to have missed you..? Anyways, wanna have lunch later?"

Kyungsoo agreed and was happy that he managed to get Baekhyun's number without coming across as totally stupid. 

Reaching his class, he banged his head down on the table, all the embarrassment and mortification weighing down on him in one go. 

"You okay dude?" His friend, Kris, asked.

Looking at him in anger, Kyungsoo snuffled, "It's all your fault. Your awkwardness rubbed off on me."

Kris stared pensively, putting his fingers together and leaning back in his chair, "That is a very serious situation. What happened?"

Kyungsoo garbled, "I made a fool of myself in front of an angel."

Kris' face took on an even more serious tone, "That is very very serious... Have you seen a doctor?"

"SHUT THE UP! I am talking about a guy okay? A good looking guy! So good looking that he could be an angel. His beauty is beyond compare-"

"So basically you came across as an idiot in front of your crush. That's normal. I don't see what the problem here is."

"You think this is not a problem? First of all, he laughed at me. Secondly, its me we are talking about. I don't do stupid. Now he won't think I am boyfriend material."

"You never know. Some people like dorks." Kyungsoo jabbed Kris in his side and the latter took a moment before he continued, "What did you do anyways."

Once Kyungsoo finished recounting the details of their two meetings, Kris was crying because of how much he had laughed. Before Kyungsoo could hit him again though, he put his hands up in defence. "Hey, its not that bad if he invited you for lunch. I mean, its possible he only invited you to show his friends what a character you are but we are optimistic people here, right?" Want me to go with you?" 

"You might wanna remove that devilish smile off your face if you wanna go. You want to come only because you want to see me fail. you too!"

Kris patted his head, "i love you too!"

---x---

When they met up at the cafeteria, a couple dressed up in red walked in before Kyungsoo. His eyes found Baekhyun sitting on one of the benches instantly. Suddenly, the woman from the couple ahead of him grabbed her red skirt and stomped her foot. The guy dressed in black did the same and suddenly they were dancing salsa. Kyungsoo walked behind them as they led him towards Baekhyun, the fast beats of the music raising the temperature in the room.

All the while as the couple danced around Baekhyun, Kyungsoo's head became progressively more full of just thoughts of the boy. He smiled when the boy got up and leaned closer. His face inches away from Kyungsoo's, he opened his mouth slowly to whisper, "Earth to Kyungsoo!"

Kyungsoo shivered and Baekhyun stepped back laughing, "Where is your mind dude? We have been trying to talk to you for some time." Kyungsoo looked around apologetically at Baekhyun's friends who repeated their greetings with confused faces. 

"Don't mind him, he is usually like this," Baekhyun laughed as he patted Kyungsoo's back.

"Not really!" Kris said, "He is usually pretty sharp. It's just that he keeps hallucinating around y-"

Before his friend could do more damage, Kyungsoo punched the air out of him to shut him up. Laughing he apologized, "Sorry, I was just thinking how salsa dancing is so nice!"

"Oh! You are into dancing?" Yixing, one of Baekhyun's friends spoke up, "Baekhyun will probably be very willing to show you some steps of salsa right now."

The boy in question blushed, "I'm not really that good..."

Luhan, another friend continued, "Baekhyun here tells us that you are very... poetic.?"

Baekhyun flicked a potato chip in his direction. "Can you guys not embarrass him? or me? please? You're going to scare him away."

"And you wouldn't want that!" Luhan laughed.

Kris joined him, "I doubt that Kyungsoo would even care, seeing how he is barely paying attention to anything else.."

Kyungsoo sputtered, "Wtf? Dude can you not?"

"Since we were talking about dances, Kyungsoo told me some people inspire him to think of dance routines. Tell them about it soo!"

"You're overdoing it Kris" Kyungsoo said under his breath, hoping the ground to swallow him up right about now.

"Oh do tell!" Yixing said leaning forward.

Baekhyun got up, "Who inspires you? Soo."

Kyungsoo coughed, "no one.? can you guys just drop it?"

"Oh sorry! Didn't mean to push you." baekhyun said, looking upset.

"No no no no! You're not! It's okay. You can ask me anything!" Kyungsoo said, feeling pretty sure that he saw a halo on Baekhyun's head when the boy smiled at him. An angel, no more beautiful than an angel.

Apparently he said that out loud... and now amidst the laughter of onlookers, he wished to kill himself.

Baekhyun was quiet, and it made him even more nervous... He was about to bolt to Alaska when his crush finally openend his mouth, "Talk about yourself! You are so handsome that every time i see you I can hear orchestra playing in the back."

"You too?" Kyungsoo asked, wide eyed

"huh?"

"Whenever I see you, my heart beats like crazy and i see people doing sensual dances around us... It's so hot! You're so hot."

The two stared into each other's eyes as they smiled shyly... and then Kris said, "Guys I need to go puke, see you!"

"I'm coming too buddy" Luhan ran after, followed by Yixing.

The end.


Yo, more crack from me. I am crazy.

It seems people didn't like the last chapter. Pity!

Also, i like branching away from their regular characters. I know some people like it if i model them on the actual baeksoo, but i like to spice things up. you will find more stories in future where i might actually switch their personalities. this is my headcanon as well.

k bye

Other stories: The Personal Assistant,   bad kids,   best of best* exo fic recommendations,   you found me!,   Stupid Exo Oneshot collections,   The God of laziness,    Exobendbaeksoo reference listsnow white, Pet boyThe mermaid's kiss, hovike

Awesome people: Tina08,  PeasentOTP