Holy ing !

Baeksoo oneshot* collection

Holy ing !

Description: !

Heyo!!! So, I am not around anymore so i don't know what's going on in baeksoo fic world anymore. welp! i hope that we are still going strong. let this cute ship stay aflot and forever on a roll.. I'll see you in another 6 months then (jk)


There are uptight people in the world. People who think that society should behave a certain way, present itself in a certain way. People who get offended if you swear in their presence, if you get too loud, etc and call you out on it.

Kyungsoo wasn't technically one of them... At least he didn't think he was. Yes, he had been taught that people with class don't swear, or act boisterous, or be very dynamic in general. According to his mother, classy people were like mountains, looming, silent and grandiose. Kyungsoo tries really hard, despite his small stature. The looming part would have been so much easier if he was just stupidly tall like his childhood friend Kris. But no! He had to be short, so naturally he had to make it up with his personality. 

It worked for him, at least in the circles he moved in. Rich people tended to be snobbish. Kyungsoo was proud to say that he wasn't like them, and stood a level above them in class. They all admired him as well. All the parents wanted their children to be good like Kyungsoo... 

How was he supposed to know that it was not gonna last though? How was he to know that as soon as he moved away from his rich life and entered university, he would encounter the biting winds that slowly but surely eroded the mountain away.... Things were different, very different. People were different, their outlooks were different, lifestyles were different, and Kyungsoo was struggling to stay as the popular kid as he used to be in the private boarding school he went to.

For starters, people did not live a structured life as he thought was essential for bettering themselves. They were more like, what they used to call "go with the flow". And Kyungsoo had earned the bad name of being a "stuck up" because of all the times he had told them off for not behaving properly. 

"C'mon Kyungsoo, loosen up. You are going to die of stress if you don't learn to let it go." Chanyeol would say.

Who is Chanyeol?  A psychology major and one of the 5 people he shared the dorm with. The other 4 people were Jongdae, Baekhyun, Melissa (Mel for short), and Nana. Jongdae was a Human Biology major, as was Nana. Mel was a linguistics major. Born in New Zealand, she came to Korea to learn the culture and language, trying to reconnect with her roots. And finally, there was the one guy who left Kyungsoo feeling the most uncomfortable, Baekhyun, a business major, just like Kyungsoo.

In the beginning they clashed a lot, well, maybe clashed was a wrong word. Being naturally very easy going and extroverted, Baekhyun tried his best to include Kyungsoo in his activities. He was loud, acted like he didn't have a care in the world, and was just so- happy. He also used to swear a lot. Kyungsoo had told him that he shouldn't swear because it was a bad habit. Baekhyun had given him a look and said that it was his preference and they were just words. It was the way he talked, and Kyungsoo didn't need to bother himself with his habits. 

That may have been one of the reasons why they drifted further apart, not like they were ever close. Slowly slowly, Baekhyun stopped talking to him, and Kyungsoo was aware that it was because the other thought he was too rigid in his beliefs. He didn't want to bother trying to get Kyungsoo to change his ways, and Kyungsoo didn't try to rectify and change their relationship. Now, they stuck to greetings, and occasional awkward eye contacts. Baekhyun remained as boisterous as always, and Kyungsoo stayed as closed up as always.

It drove Kyungsoo crazy that even then, Baekhyun could affect him so much. The boy would be his center of attention whenever they were in the dorm together, he would pop up in his thoughts as he walked around the campus, his laughter ringing in his ears when he was trying to stay awake in classes. Baekhyun was the wind that ate away at his defenses. Kyungsoo felt something in his heart, a bubbling want to be listen to Baekhyun, to do whatever he said, to get the boy to notice him again. He was slowly getting used to all the loudness, including the swearing, and he was starting to see what the others meant by letting go, but old habits die hard.

"Hello? Earth to kyungsoo!" Chanyeol was snapping his fingers in front of Kyungsoo's eyes to get his attention back. "Stop ignoring me!" 

Kyungsoo looked up from the spot he had been unconsciously staring at, to meet eyes with Baekhyun from across the room. The boy broke the contact first and continued working on his laptop, Jongdae sitting beside him reading from some handouts. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at Chanyeol and said, "I am listening." to signal the boy to continue with whatever he wanted to tell Kyungsoo today. 

"You know what?" Chanyeol said after a sigh, "You need to get laid!"

Nana, who had just entered the common room of the dorm after her classes, exclaimed, "Ever think that he might not be interested in a relationship or , you numbnuts?"

​"Are you aual?" Chanyeol asked turning to Kyungsoo. When the boy shook his head in refusal, he asked, "Aromantic?" Kyungsoo refused again, and Chanyeol turned to Nana and loudly replied to her, "There you go . He isn't you." Nana humphed and walked away, and Chanyeol called after her, "Oh, also, I got you that pastry that I was telling you about. It's in the fridge. You are welcome my love."

She shot love bullets at him and walked away and Kyungsoo huffed, "I don't need to get laid Chanyeol."

"Yes you do. I was talking to this post-doc from the lab i was working in and she said that people these days are so strung up because they don't have a good outlet. You need to e a lot and get laid."

"I HEARD SOMETHING ABOUT GETTING LAID. I SECOND!" Mel screamed as she bounded to where the two were sitting. "So, what are we talking about?"

"I was just telling Kyungsoo that he wouldn't be so strung up if he got laid."

Mel laughed and nodded, "Mmmhmm. You need to get laid. Should we go out to drink tonight?"

Chanyeol laughed, "Well, that's decided then. We go out, get drunk and get this laid!"

"Wai-" Kyungsoo started. Well, that escalated quickly.

"Hey Nana!!" Mel screamed to make sure she was heard by the girl from her room. "Let's go, we are going drinking with the boys. Today's goal is to get someone into Kyungsoo's pants."

"No, you don't need to-" Kyungsoo tried again.

"Hey, Dae, Baek, get up, let's go!"

Jongdae grumbled, "I wanna go, but I have a test, a quiz, and two assignments this week. I don't know..."

Baekhyun shrugged, "I could use a break." His eyes shifted in Kyungsoo's direction and he continues, "But I want to keep Jongdae company too. He will kill himself from overexertion otherwise."

He really rather not be stuck spending time with me, Kyungsoo thought.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, Chanyeol was very convincing. "Aw C'mon. You heard what i just said. We need a break and you could use some action too Jongdae. You human bio majors need more fun in life."

Mel came in moments late, dragging a reluctant Nana. "LET'S GO! ITS PARTY TIME!"

As they all shuffled out the door, Nana grumbled, "We are probably the only university students who party on Monday nights."

---x---

Nana was wrong because apparently it didn't matter if it was a weekday or a weekend if you were a university student looking to drown the stress with alcohol. The pub they chose to go to was packed like always. 

"Take your pick Kyungsoo." Chanyeol said as they walked in after flashing their cards. All of them being baby faces, they were almost always carded.

"Chanyeol, I'd rather not."

"Oh please Kyungsoo! You never know if you might like someone. You might not get a out of this but a friend. You need to meet more people anyways."

Kyungsoo cringed, slightly at the crassness of the language. Even if he was pretty much used to it, not to mention that they swore more around him just to get a rise out of him, he still sometimes felt weird at the easy use of such words. Obviously now he knew that not everything is meant to be taken so seriously and those are just words and the context determines their meaning, but still. Also, he was more used to the people from dorm swearing than strangers.

"They look cute," Kyungsoo just pointed in a random direction without even looking just to shut Chanyeol and Mel up. He thought he had pointed in a vague direction, but apparently not.

"Wow, I am touched Kyungsoo." Nana said, following the direction he was pointing in, "You trust us enough to come out to us."

Jongdae patted his back and smiled, "Good to know buddy."

"What?" Kyungsoo finally looked where he had pointed to see a big group of guys sitting there, laughing about something. They were cute.... but Kyungsoo hadn't really meant to come out this way. He freaked a bit, stuttering, not because he was afraid of not being accepted, maybe a bit, but because it was something personal and he hadn't really meant to share this with them. "Uh. um. i. um."

Before he could form any coherent sentence, Mel was already talking to the guys. She beckoned them over and they sat down with the group, after the introductions. What Kyungsoo didn't understand was how in the world did he end up right beside Baekhyun. The boy was the centre of attention, like always. Everyone was talking to him, and Kyungsoo felt overshadowed sitting beside him. He leaned back and just took a sip of his drink. Baekhyun was gonna talk to everyone but him again, wasn't he? What was the use? He didn't know how he could turn back things to the time when Baekhyun would try to joke with him. Sometimes Kyungsoo wished he hadn't been so severe with the other. They could have been good friends too, seeing as how they had the same majors. The whole first year was wasted, and now Kyungsoo wanted his attention back, but you can't always easily get back what you lost, could you?

"Kyungsoo, you okay?" 

The said boy shivered at the mention of his name from the person occupying his thoughts. "What? Yea, I am fine.. You?" Gosh that was awkward.

Baekhyun ignored the last part, "You seem awfully quiet tonight. Normally you would be telling the guy to your right off for bouncing so much. You sure you are fine?"

"I guess the coming out part was a bit... unplanned."

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows and leaned back to get right beside Kyungsoo, "Wanna talk about it?"

"Well, I just pointed randomly to get Chanyeol and Mel to shut up, but I didn't intend to point to a group of guys. And yes, I am gay, but this was not how i wanted to come out. It is a personal thing. Also just coz i ended up pointing here didn't mean I wanted to get one of them, like Mel said, into my pants."

Baekhyun raised his other eyebrow and one minute later, started laughing, drawing other people's attention.

"What are you guys talking about?" a guy named Minseok asked.

"Nothing really." Baekhyun laughed and struck up a different conversation with the guy, leaving Kyungsoo feeling embarrassed and confused. Why did Baekhyun laugh, and why did he move away from the conversation? Was that laugh supposed to mock him? Kyungsoo felt his face heat up, and it definitely was not just the alcohol. With the excuse of a washroom break, Kyungsoo left he table to sort his thoughts and the hurt feelings. What was it that he wanted from Baekhyun in return? Why did he felt so cheated, so hurt? The boy didn't owe him anything, so why?

Kyungsoo realized that maybe he wanted Baekhyun to sympathize with him. He had spoken to him after such a long time, and maybe Kyungsoo had expected a good conversation. Maybe he wanted the other to open himself up to him as well. Maybe he wanted to know who Baekhyun preferred, if he had a preference. Maybe he wanted to know he had a chance. Kyungsoo had figured out some time ago that he had a crush on Baekhyun, but since things were kinda sour between them, he couldn't do anything. 

This was driving him crazy. Maybe it was a good idea to listen to Chanyeol and get laid. Anyone who could help him forget Baekhyun. Wait, wasn't he taking the easy way out? He was running away. He was a business major dammit, and as the future CEO of his father's company, he needed to learn how to deal with even the most impossible people.. Did he just swear in his mind? Whoa, he did! Without even feeling too bad about it. Did this mean that his habit of correcting others was gonna break now? at least for swearing? That's good... 

Thinking that he had been hiding in the washroom for too long, Kyungsoo went out, thinking about what he needed to do next. Feeling inspired by his use of dammit, Kyungsoo decided to "let it go" and actually get drunk, or " faced" in Mel's lingo.

---x---

"I know that you can take your alcohol well, but that doesn't mean you should overdo it Kyungsoo." Chanyeol said, hovering over Kyungsoo's bed as he tucked the boy into bed. The other was too drunk to do anything by himself. He couldn't even take his clothes off and Chanyeol had to take his belt and shoes off for him. "You were supposed to pick someone to potentially tonight, but all you did was sit back and chug down alcohol. What an idiot. Did their lack of class and modesty turn you off or something?"

"Chanyeol, why did you make me sit beside Baekhyun? It's all your fault. Or should I thank you? He spoke to me a bit tonight after a long time, so that is something to be happy about right? But he laughed at me tonight. It was your fault, all your fault. You are, you are an !" Kyungsoo garbled out.

Chanyeol, who had started stripping to get ready for bed, stopped and came to sit on Kyungsoo's bed, "Come again? What was that about Baekhyun?"

"He hates me!" Kyungsoo said, sniffling."And it is all your fault. !"

"Uh, that. How is it my fault again? And Baekhyun doesn't hate you!" Chanyeol said.

"YEAH HE DOES!" Kyungsoo screamed, springing up from his bed. "HE LAUGHED AT ME AND THEN MOVED AWAY FROM THE CONVERSATION!"

Chanyeol gently pushed at his chest to lay him back down, "I am sure he wasn't laughing at you, Soo. What were you guys talking about when he laughed?"

"I was telling him how i didn't want to get in anyone's pants because i accidentally pointed at the group of guys, and I didn't mean to come out to you guys like that..." Kyungsoo said, sitting up again.

Pushing the drunk boy down again, Chanyeol said, "Maybe he just found what you said to be funny, and porbably changed conversation since you said you didn't want to come out like that. Maybe he thought you would be more comfortable that way so that the other boys wouldn't know. hmm?"

"Makes sense" Kyungsoo grumbled, "But he still hates me."

"No he doesn't! If you want, I could bring him here and ask him." 

Kyungsoo screamed, "NO! DON'T DO THAT. SO EMBARASSING!" 

"Okay okay.. keep it down. Geez. How about this, you go to sleep now, and we figure this out later."

After finally putting Kyungsoo to sleep, Chanyeol went to lay down on his own bed. So, Baekhyun huh? Interesting...

---x---

"GOOD MORNING BAEKHYUN!" Chanyeol chirped out and Kyungsoo cringed at the loudness of the voice. It was 8 am and he was in no mood to hear anything above a whisper since his head hurt from hangover. Whose idiotic idea was it to get drunk again?

"Hey Chanyeol! What's up? You seem uber excited about something." 

"Not really. Hey, you have the same morning class with Kyungsoo right? Why don't you guys go together? Look after Soo for me. He still looks drunk."

" off Chanyeol!" Kyungsoo grumbled as he tried shoveling his breakfast into his mouth. The silence that followed made him look up, his eyes meeting Baekhyun's amused ones, with an eyebrow raised. He looked kinda confused about whether he had heard right. Seriously, why did people make moutains out of mole hills? All he did was swear. Living with such potty-mouthed people, the fact that he was able to hold off of swearing for one year was good enough. Chanyeol was also sitting there with his mouth hanging open, "What? I can swear too if you guys do it like it is nothing."

Chanyeol shook his head and laughed, "Of course you can Soo. I should text Mel. It seems that our training has finally given results. This is what parents must feel like at their babies' first words."

"What am I? Your psych experiment or something?"

"Actually... yes, yes you are." When Kyungsoo glared, Chanyeol shrugged, "You are interesting from behavioural psychology perspective." He gave no more explanations, and Kyungsoo didn't ask for more because Baekhyun plopped down across from him at the table to eat breakfast, smiling at him.

"Well, I am just glad that I won't be scolded for swearing anymore." Baekhyun chuckled as he poured himself cereal.

"I stopped doing that long ago. I stopped scolding altogether long ago. Don't make me sound like a tyrant." Kyungsoo sighed.

Baekhyun snickered, "But you are one still."

Was Baekhyun joking with him? How long has it been since he last did that.. He shouldn't it up this time. "Oh c'mon! I am a perfect angel now. Actually, I would even say that i am the one who is bullied by you guys here. You guys make things hard for me."

Baekhyun pretended to be hurt, "What? Must I remind you that you used to beat me up, not the other way round? I have been so nice to you and you are lumping me in with the bullies?"

The two turned their heads to the side to see Chanyeol staring at them intently, with a notebook and pencil whipped out.

"What are you doing Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo asked, feeling his headache getting worse.

"Nothing! Just writing down some stuff."

"Is your head hurting?" Baekhyun asked, leaning towards Kyungsoo to inspect his face for signs of discomfort. 

"A lil bit."

"I can get you some aspirin... if you want..."

"Yes please!"

"I'll be back in a second and then we can go to class together." 

"I cannot believe that Baekhyun is actually willing to go to class with me. that. I can't believe that he is willing to talk to me. And he smiled at me, this must be a dream. I am so happy that he doesn't hate me. I would die if he hated me-"

"What are you doing Chanyeol?"

The said boy stopped his rambling to smile at him sheepishly. "I was just trying to figure out what was going on in your head. I got it right though didn't I?"

"How- Ah," Kyungsoo said as the last night's memories came back to him. "from what I said last night eh? You better keep your mouth sealed."

Chanyeol smiled and zipped it up, "But really. you guys are so interesting to watch. Want me to help?"

"What do want in return?" Kyungsoo asked, narrowing his eyes in apprehension.

"Just let me watch you guys. Nothing more."

"You are such a creep Chanyeol-"

"Here's the aspirin!" Baekhyun fluttered in with the medicine and handed it over to Kyungsoo who thanked him and gulped it down. "Shall we leave then?"

"I'll text you!" Chanyeol smiled as he watched the two leave. He could still feel the mistrust from Kyungsoo, but it, he was enjoying this.

--x--

"What are you guys doing?" Jongdae asked as he dragged himself in that night after a 3 hour lab.

"We are working on a project. We were paired together to work on this, which is so convenient." Baekhyun said, perking up when his friend came back. "But get this, today Kyungsoo asked Chanyeol to off."

"WHAT?" Jongdae exclaimed.

Somewhere in the back Nana gasped and Mel started choking on her dinner.

"Oh my, our baby has grown up." Jongdae said, patting Kyungsoo's head.

"You know, technically this is not the yard stick to measure maturity right?" Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"Shh, lemme have this." Jongdae said, pulling Kyungsoo's head to his chest, effectivety shutting him up, and rocking him side to side. "We knew that someday we would be able to corrupt our innocent little baby."

"I am not innocent!" Kyungsoo said, shoving Jongdae away. "I know all there is to know." His announcement was followed by everyone bursting into laughter. "Why are you laughing? You don't believe me?"

Baekhyun started hiccuping with laughter, which Kyungsoo found to be adorable so he forgave him for laughing, but it wasn't the case for the rest of them. "I am gonna kick all of your asses." Kyungsoo started getting up, but Baekhyun pulled him back by the hem of his shirt, not even noticing the shocked and vaguely happy look Kyungsoo was throwing him as he was so busy laughing.

Trying to keep his smile from showing up on his face, Kyungsoo sat down and ignored the twitch on the side of his mouth. Unfortunately, his dorm mates were not kind people.

"If you want to laugh then do so insted of spazzing in your face over there." Jongdae said, pulling Kyungsoo's cheek and later having his hand swatted away by the victim. Kyungsoo humphed and turned back to his project. "What project is it anyways?" 

"We are analyzing the theories of International relations for promoting small entrepreneurship to a higher level in markets and expanding their reach.." Kyungsoo answered.

"Korean please!" Mel said after a moment of silence.

"Just looking at ways to grow smaller businesses internationally." Baekhyun answered and Mel aaahed in understanding.

"See Kyungsoo?" She said to him. "this is how you explain to lay people. Don't try to act smart with me."

"Nah! You're just dumb!" Kyungsoo answered, chuckling, feeling kinda proud of the impressed look Baekhyun shot at him.

"You are such a lil  aren't you?" Mel laughed.

"Yeah.. and you are a big one." Kyungsoo retorted and all hell broke loose, filling the dorm with the occupants' crazy laughter. Kyungsoo wasn't listening to them because he his heart beat was so loud due to the fact that Baekhyun had fallen onto him, laughing. 

"You're on a roll eh Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun asked between his laughter, still leaning against him.

"Well, I learnt from the best." Kyungsoo asnwered, willing himself to calm down lest baekhyun hear his heartbeat from the proximity. The boy's face was too close to his and Kyungsoo felt so uneasy because he feared that he might give away his emotions if he continued staring. He looked away, only to find the others staring with an amused expression.

"Next time you want to diss me, make sure that you don't turn so red right after." Mel laughed with wink.

Baekhyun slung an arm around Kyungsoo as he leaned forward to talk to Kyungsoo. "Let the poor boy be, he is finally trying at least." Turning to him, he said, "Dude, your heart though!"

Kyungsoo started sputtering and Nana swooped in, "Yeah yeah! Enough flirting! I need to study and you guys are being too loud so either get a room or shut up!" saying so, she dragged Jongdae, along with all his study materials into her room." 

Chanyeol sprung up, "Good idea! You guys are too loud.. Get a room!" Saying so, he shoveled them into Baekhyun's room and closed the door.

After he left, Baekhyun chuchled, "Lover boy! lol"

Feeling a pang in his chest, Kyungsoo let out a fake laugh as well, "Yeah! What a joke".

Baekhyun looked offended, "I think i am a good catch!" 

Kyungsoo rushed to correct his mistake, "No! that's not what i meant. of course you are a good catch! great actually! anyone would be lucky to have you! i meant Nana is stupid! Really stupid! I mean stupid like stupid but not actually stupid.."

Baekhyun started laughing again and he patted Kyungsoo on the chest, right over his heart. "Thanks for the comment, and i get it! It's nice though"

"What is?"

"How you are opening up more... makes it easy to talk to you. i thought you really hated me before."

"I'm sorry!"

Baekhyun smiled, "Don't be. I know that you are genuinely trying to accept differences and I like that. I can look forward to hanging out more with you now.?" Baekhyun finished, somewhat shyly, rocking on his feet. "Of course I have a lot to discuss with you about our courses, so that's convenient."

Feeling kinda bold, Kyungsoo let the next words pour out of his mouth. "Are you only looking for convenience? I thought that we could more, you know, stuff outside our course together? I have a year of closeness to catch up on."

Baekhyun giggled, "I am not that easy to get close to you know?"

Kyungsoo stepped into his personal space, "Hmm? It seemed easy enough"

Baekhyun's eyes flitted over his face before meeting his again, "Pretty bold moves for someone blushing so hard. Now if you don't mind, I have an assignment to attend to."

As he was moving away though, Kyungsoo stopped him by grabbing his hand, "You are my wind!"

"Wha-?"

"Are we good now?"

Baekhyun smiled, "We were always good!"

 ---x---

Bonus: Chanyeol's notes on his ship, Baeksoo

It has been 6 months since Kyungsoo said his first swear words. Our little baby has grown so much

He swore three times in his confession towards baekhyun, two of those were towards me. Apparantly, showering them with slower petals is over the top and embarassing! Baekhyun liked it though so it's all good.

My project: "Opposites attract" has come to a fruitful conclusion. Despite their differences, the two are annoyingly sappy and happy together... annnoyingly... those little s!

Anyways, I guess it's time for me to increase the sample number for my "Opposites attract". Jongdae and Liyin, here I come!


Don't ing tell me not to swear if i am not swearing at you. This has been a PSA

almost 5k words here. hope you appreciate it... 

Other stories: The Personal Assistant,   bad kids,   best of best* exo fic recommendations,   you found me!,   Stupid Exo Oneshot collections,   The God of laziness,    Exobendbaeksoo reference listsnow whitePet boyThe mermaid's kiss

Awesome people: Tina08,  PeasentOTP