Krave cereal (and you)

Baeksoo oneshot* collection

Krave cereal (and you)

Description : The Krave inventory in the EXO dorms is running low and Kyungsoo might not get to have his favorite breakfast. But maybe that's not so bad, because he has something or someone sweeter than the cereal.


Kyungsoo's favourite cereal was Kellogg's Krave cereal. He was in love with chocolate and Krave was the chocolatiest of them all. So, Kyungsoo would make sure that he never runs out. However, recently he seemed to be running out of the cereal faster since more and more of his band members had started eating the cereal as well. They knew he loved it, and because all of them loved his cute little self so much, they made sure that he always got first dibs.

Except for some ty people who didn't care...well, more like one certain piece of who wanted to see Kyungsoo suffer. That's right, Byun Baekhyun, the most annoying person in all of Kyungsoo's life was stirring trouble again. It had all started when once, in the middle of the night, Baekhyun almost finished the last box of Krave because he got hungry, and decided that having two bowls would be a nice idea.

When Kyungsoo found out about Baekhyun's actions the next morning, he got quite upset, only to have Baekhyun respond by scrunching up his nose cutely like he usually did while singing. ing poop, what did he think, he could get away with what he wanted everytime just because he was so adorable? No, this time Kyungsoo would fight back! So, he attacked back by showing his rarest of rare pouts. Baekhyun stopped the nose scrunching and stood frozen for some reason, with his eyes wide open like an adorable little kitty. But Kyungsoo didn't have time to mull over Baekhyun's behaviour because the other members in the room were scampering over each other to give Kyungsoo the last bowl.

Kyungsoo turned towards Baekhyun to flash him a eating grin, when he noticed that Baekhyun hadn't moved an inch from where he was before, staring at him. Kyungsoo felt slightly guilty... And maybe the nose scrunch was affecting him, so he lifted a spoon as a peace offering to Baekhyun. The grin that Baekhyun returned made it all the more worthwile to share that...one spoon.

What? He loved Krave too much!!

But today, Baekhyun was at it again. There was only a little amount of the cereal left because Sehun, Tao, and Jongin, ty little useless brats, forgot to bring more yesterday when the three went grocery shopping. That is after Kyungsoo had reminded them three times. He suspected that they had done this on purpose, just to see him suffer.

Anyways, Baekhyun was fighting with him over the last bowl again.

"You don't need it Kyungsoo, you already have a very chocolatey voice. Any more chocolate and you will be the cause of the apocalypse. PEOPLE WILL DIE KYUNGSOO! DIE!!!"

Kyungsoo didn't know how to respond to that, so he used the safe path, "Shut up you stupid !"

Suho spoke up, by now tired of their constant bickering. "Why can't you two just share?"

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo looked at each other and kept staring until Suho broke the silence with his throat clearing, "I said something guys"

They both looked away red in face, which Suho mistook for anger and sighed. "How about you two share for now while I send the people who forgot to get it initially." He said glaring at the three youngest...and if looks could kill (in more than one way), Kyungsoo would be the youngest.

While Suho sent the three running to get more, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun just stared at each other.

"Do you.." began Kyungsoo when Baekhyun spoke up at the same time.

"You can have this, I can wait. I'm not that hungry anyways." saying that, he turned around to go back to his bed.

Kyungsoo signed guiltily as he turned to the box of cereal...only to see that it was empty, and there sat Jongdae with Chanyeol, eating the last of the cereal.

Kyungsoo looked at them with mournful eyes, and they both looked up speaking simltaneously, "What? Don't tell me you haven't eaten yet! " 

They then playfully elbowed each other, eyes twinkling. Amused at their synchonization.

"It's okay," Kyungsoo said, "the brats are buying more."

Both Jongdae and Chanyeol looked very sad and guilty, and Kyungsoo didn't want to make them feel sad so he said the first thing that came to his mind.

"You can have this, I can wait. I am not that hungry anyways."

He then walked back to his room before deciding, on an impulse, to go to Baekhyun's instead. He knocked on his door.

"Can I come and lie with you for some time, Baekhyun?"

"Uh.. Sure!" Came a muffled reply.

Kyungsoo waddled into the room and saw Baekhyun on his bed hugging a pillow, while his comforter was kicked away to one end of the bed.

"I thought you were eating breakfast" Baekhyun asked, slightly confused.

"Jongdae and Chanyeol ate it" Kyungsoo deadpanned, and they both stared at each other before laughing at their earlier behaviour.

Baekhyun wriggled away to make space for Kyungsoo on his bed. The both then just lay there, breaking into fits of giggles between second of silence.

Kyungsoo was the first to speak up,"I thought you didn't like chocolate as much? "

Baekhyun his lips before answering, diverting all of Kyungsoo's attention towards his lips. "I guess I spend too much time with you. I mean, you always seem to love it so much, so I started loving it too?" He replied with a slight blush.

Kyungsoo scoffed even though he was sporting a similar blush, "How can you like something just because you see someone liking it?"

"Well everything you like turns out to be wonderful", Baekhyun replied with a poker face, but eyes that screamed his emotions out.

Kyungsoo felt like Baekhyun was staring into his soul, and he wasn't ready to expose his heart's secrets just yet, so he looked away, " So why do you never share with me then? "

"... Because I like watching you enjoy it better than its taste... I like krave, but I crave you more" Baekhyun finished like the cheese ball he is.

Kyungsoo blushed furiously and buried his face in his hands. "I..."

Just then there was a commotion in the house and in the flowing seconds the three youngest burst into Baekhyun's room.

"We are sorry..."

"We tried..."

"I am too young to die..."

They tried to speak over each other.

Baekhyun scolded them, "Calm down and speak properly!"

"The cereal was on sale..."

"And it was sold out before we could get a box..."

"Please don't be sad. Joonmyun hung will kill us if you are sad."

Normally kyungsoo would have been upset about the development, but currently his mind was full of something, of rather someone else.

"OK, I forgive you. I won't complain to Joonmyun hyung about you brats. Now get out of the room and don't disturb us."

Baekhyun stared at Kyungsoo and smiled.

The three nodded their heads violently before rushing out of the room.

Kyungsoo turned to Baekhyun, "I.."

He was cut off as Joonmyun burst into the room. "Kyungsoo! They sold out! I am so sorry! I saw Jongdae and Chanyeol ate the last of it"

"It's fine hyung, I don't mind not having it once or twice"

"But you should get what you want..." Suho began before Kyungsoo cut him off, "thank you hyung but I really am okay. I just want to be here for some time."

"Okay"Joonmyun didn't seem convinced but he left the room anyways.

Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun who was staring back expectantly. Kyungsoo had just opened his mouth when someone else barged in.

"KYUNGSOOOOOOO!!!!!" Jongdae jumped on said person, fake sobbing.

"Kyungsoo-ah!" Chanyeol spoke up in the back.

"How could we eat our baby's cereal." Jongdae continued forth with his acting.

"Kyungsoo-yah"

"Papa, we stole our baby's food" Jongdae said turning to Chanyeol, shedding crocodile tears.

Kyungsoo screamed without malice, "You both shut up now! Gosh, you are insufferable!" then he pleaded to Chanyeol, "Please take him away with you or he will crush me."

Chanyeol chuckled and picked Jongdae up, off of Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, bridal style. Jongdae wouldn't be stopped though, "Papa, see your son is now asking his dad to leave him alone. My son will leave meeee." he continued creating a ruckus.

"We want to take you guys out for breakfast coz we ate your cereal. Get ready soon", Chanyeol managed to say, smiling, even with a thrashing diva in his arms, like he didn't mind holding a squirmy Jongdae at all.

"Okay we'll be ready in a minute; please take him away."

"You can't talk to your father like this young man. This isn't how I raised you..." Jongdae screamed as he was carried out by Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo heaved a sigh and turned to Baekhyun, "So..."

The door opened again this time, and Kyungsoo bit down his urge to curse because it was Yixing and Minseok, and he really liked those two.

"Yay! We are going to eat outside," Yixing skipped over to Baekhyun's bed cutely and pulled him off the bed, "Lets get ready Baekhyun!"

Minseok strolled in behind Yixing in a relaxed fashion, smiling at Kyungsoo's disgruntled look.

"Shall we get ready too Krungsoo?"

"Yes hyung," Kyungsoo answered pouting unconciously. Minseok giggled at his cute favourite dongsang and escorted him out of the room by his shoulder. Kyungsoo sent one glance back in the room, towards Baekhyun who was also watching him leave, before exiting.

On their way to the shop, Kyungsoo didn't get to talk, or even get close to Baekhyun even once; and he tried...a lot. Baekhyun seemed to be very amused by Kyungsoo's failed attempts, and did nothing to help. In the shop, Chanyeol and Jongdae sat on either side of Kyungsoo, fussing over 'their rebellious son', while Yixing and Tao sat on either side of Baekhyun, talking to each other in animated chinese about the food, a common interest for both. Suho was on one side of an adjoining table, and Jongin and Sehun were on the other. They all took turns in interrupting any semblance  of conversation Kyungsoo tried to start with Baekhyun. The food hadn't even arrived and Kyungsoo had already had enough. He slammed his hands on the table in frustration and immediately Jongdae starting scolding his 'stupid but soft son' to not hurt himself. Kyungsoo groaned, pulling at his face before getting up suddenly.

"Baekhyun, come out with me! I cant stand these heads anymore."

"What a potty mouth my son has, I love him so much"

"Uh...Ok!"

Kyungsoo dragged Baekhyun out of the shop over the protests (both verbal and in Jongdae's case, physical) of his band members. After walking for a few minutes he realized what he had done...he wasn't ready for this. He hadn't even thought of what he wanted to say to Baekhyun, he had been so occupied with just trying to actually say something to him. So naturally, he started stuttering like an idiot while his face became an example of gradients of red colour as he blushed more and more. He looked down, fiddling with the hem of his shirt when he heard the laughter. The most annoying, and yet his favourite laughter in the world.

Baekhyun couldn't control the firewroks exploding in his heart. He was afraid he would die, because no one can hold so much happiness in one person. He felt light, like he could fly any second.

"It's okay Soo, you don't have to say it. I already understand!"

Kyungsoo felt grateful that Baekhyun had this uncanny ability to understand exactly what Kyungsoo wanted, because currently, it didn't seem like Kyungsoo's tongue would untie itself anytime soon. He just walked forward and leaned his head on Baekhyun's shoulder, while Baekhyun continued laughing with happiness. The tinkling of laugh was contagious because Kyungsoo was also laughing. They were the happiest couple in the universe at that moment and no one could ruin it for them.

"If you two lovebirds are done snogging, then can you please come in so we can eat? Some of us like to eat breakfast in the morning, not at lunch"

There stood Sehun, in all his bratty glory. He made a face of disapproval before turning around. Kyungsoo just screamed after him, "I will skin you alive. I will eat you Oh Sehun!!"

Sehun ignored him and walked into the restaraunt before dropping his fake act, and excitedly running to report the development to others.

Baekhyun took Kyungsoo's hand and led him back to the restaurant, silently marvelling at Kyungsoo's ability to make him laugh all the time. Baekhyun was the mood maker for the group, and Kyungsoo was his.

When they walked to their table, Jongdae sat up with fake huffing.

"I see young man, so you want our son's hand in marriage? We need to know more about you. What do you do as a profession? Will you be able to take care of him?"

Baekhyun laughed and replied, "Sir, I imitate Tao for my livelihood. It pays a lot. I think I will be able to take care of your son well."

"Baekhyunnnn.." Kyungsoo whined, stomping his feet, "Dont entertain his games or he won't stop."

"Look at our son acting all cute now that he finally confessed to his long time crush."

Kyungsoo's face paled, Jongdae was supposed to keep it a secret, even if he was with Baekhyun now. His face looked murderous and he was about to choke the life out of Jongdae when Baekhyun stopped him.

"Really?"

Kyungsoo turned beet red and looked down. But when Baekhyun didn't say anything further, he snuck a look at his face only to see him blushing even harder. They both smiled at each other's shyness and took a step closer in each other's direction.

"Young love...Ah, so pure!. Papa, what do you think of this?"

"I will follow what ever you say daddy." Chanyeol answered with a twinkle in his eyes. This thankfully spared Kyungsoo from any further torture by Jongdae, as he was busy whispering dirty nothings into Chanyeol's ear, thoroughly by Chanyeol calling him 'daddy'.

---X---

Kyungsoo finaly got the opportunity to be really really close to Baekhyun when everyone went to sleep. He snuck into baekhyun's bed and snuggled in close to him. Baekhyun tucked Kyungsoo and himself in the comforter, essentially trapping them both in there.

Kyungsoo had a whole day to think of something to say to Baekhyun

"I can skip a day of Krave if you are with me, because you are so sweet!" he said before facepalming. He had imagined it to be much better than this.

Baekhyun giggled before saying, "Don't try that ever again. Leave the grease to me. It's weird having you say it."

Kyungsoo smiled, looking at Baekhyun's cute rectangle smile, his favourite shape. He leaned towards him and touched his nose to Baekhyun who stopped giggling to smile at Kyungsoo and rub his nose against the latter's.

Kyungsoo finally did what he had dreamed of for such a long time. He kissed those soft lips that belonged to the greasiest fluffiest piece of on this planet. The kiss was sweet, and full of light hearted excitement, like he had been transported to a surreal world where everything was green and fresh and beautiful.

-----X-----

Kyungsoo liked Baekhyun more than Krave. But that didn't stop him from combining both the objects of his love. He and Baekhyun had lots of chocolate from the gifts of international chocolate Kris and Luhan could send them now that they were not in Korea. If you ask him to describe his relationship with Baekhyun, he will say it is deliciously smooth.