It's Okay

I Feel You

Youngji opened her eyes , she yawned and looked around. “No one’s here ?” she thought and then paused on Jongin. Jongin was still laying down on the bed , almost lifeless. She took a step closer to his bed , the heart monitor showed that he’s okay. But she knew that deep down inside him , he’s not okay.

She sighed , it’s not the first time that he collapsed like this. He had through it before , when he was visiting Youngji in LA. Fortunately , she has a friend who is a psychiatrist so that he could get a treatment back in the states. No one knew this except her , Jean , and Sehun. Why only them ? Because Jongin could only trust them after his heart broken. He talk less and do more , even sometimes too over. He makes himself busy only to forget the pain he has in his heart.

“You’ve worked too hard , rest for a bit and wake up now. Please , I beg you. You’re used to be the best gentleman I ever saw” Youngji said to the sleeping Jongin , the sound of her phone rigning distract her thoughts. She walked to answer it , “Yes ? It’s me. Why ? Ahh .... That design ? There’s still a couple things to be worked on. I’ve marked it , I’ll e-mail you as soon as possible. Okay , thanks Dave” she ended the call and opened her laptop.

Youngji is working as a designer for ‘Enchant’ and also collaborating with some  brand such as Givenchy and Kenzo. She’s the alumni of Parsons School of Design and well-known to those who loves fashion. She’s the heaad designer and the owner of her own brand , since Jongin is a model that goes by the name ‘Kai’ , they often work together for a fashion show or endorsement.

That’s why they are really close since they often meet. He cares a lot about her and she does care a lot about him too. A lot. Her feelings towards him is not just a friend , but she look at him as a man. She knew that he likes another woman so slowly she stepped down and gave up , but being his best friend that stand by his side whenever he needs her.

“Oh , you’re awake ?” Sehun came in with some foods in his hands , “Ah , yes. I need to do some works” Youngji said. “You need to go home , Young. Like , seriously , I never met a fashion designer as miserable as you now” Sehun joked and she chuckled. “Whatever ... I’ll just take a fast trip to take a shower at my house later on” she said and Sehun shooked his head in disbelief.

“Have you told him ?” Sehun asked her closely , watching Jongin’s sleeping mode. Youngji chuckled as she click ‘sent’ to her e-mail , “Not yet , why should I ? I’ve gave up this fight since a long time ago” she said. “Yah , but still , you need to tell him. Naw , come on~ I know you still have that feeling towards hyung , right ?” Sehun nudged her and she just shook it off. “Well , even if I have , I should have stopped before I hurt anyone” she said.

Sehun sighed and gave up , he never can win an argument with Youngji. Youngji and Jean are almost the same type , that’s why Sehun mostly known the ‘know-how’ to talk to Youngji and read her behaviour.

“Woah , it’s been a long time since I ate this. Gomawo Ohse” Yougnji said as she saw the jjajangmyun and buljajjang that he brought for her , “I know you’d miss that the most , so I bought it. I’m celver , ain’t I ?” he joked and they both laughed together. “What’s with this scene ?” Jean came in with four cups of coffees from Starbuck and sit eside Sehun , “We’re dating” Youngji joked and the three laughing together. “Yeah , funny joke” Jean said sarcastically and the two just laughed it off. “Here , your favorite moodbooster” Jean said and gave her two glass of ice caramel machiato , “Thanks baby~” Youngji jokes and they laughed again.

“hey , I think I gotta go now. Hyungs will be searching for me in my office now , they will come over. I’ll be back , okay ???” Sehun said as he finished his coffee and ran out leaving the two besties alone. “That’s such a ‘sweet’ goodbye” Youngji teased Jean and Jean smacked her , “Yeah , whatever , you’re just jealous hahaha” Jean sticked out her tounge at her.

“Yah , aren’t you need to go to work , it’s still Friday. I mean , Friday morning” Youngji asked her , “I will , later ... I just didn’t want to meet Kris-ge now” Jean said as she keep drinking her coffee. “Don’t be like that , that’s your own brother ...” Youngji said to her as she finishing her meals , “Yeah , but I don’t know why I just hate him for doing bad things .... You know , we used to be close and now he even didn’t tell me that he has a girlfriend” Youngji smiled sadly. “People do changes , huh ? Even sibings” she said and she cleaned up the left-over foods and throw it to the trash bin.

“Now , you’re the one who shouldn’t change. Go to the office now and show that you’re the same. Come on , Jean .... I’ll be working here all day , my work didn’t need anything except papers and drawing pencils anyway” they both laughed together , “Okay , okay eommaa~ I’lll go now , I’ll be back , okay ?” Youngji nodded and soon Jean left her all alone with Jongin again.

---

Youngji focused on her drawings and already threw a couple of papers because it didn’t turn out into what she wants to. “Aish ... I messed up” she hissed and stopped for a moment. A couple of sticky notes all over some papers , pencils , laptop , and a glass of coffee (the other one that Jean brought for her).

She looked at Jongin , there’s still no change for over two days. It’s been two days since he first entered the hospital and two days since the doctors said that he may fall into a ‘long slumber’ for a couple of days. The doctors have came and checked his condition. Especially Dr.Ahn , “We should wait until he’s awake , miss. So that we can understand his situation” that’s what he said to her. A lab result has came out a while ago and it’s said that Jongin deliberately ate the medicines more than what he prescripted to , Dr.Jung said that this is almost the same as an attempt to suicide.

Youngji’s eyes get teary as she remembered those things , she wiped it and take a deep breathe “It’s okay” she whispered to herself. She knew how much Jongin suffered all these time and she was really sorry for didn’t stand by his side as she lives in LA with Jean.  “I’m really sorry ... Jongin”she said while holding his hand.

“I knew I shouldn’t say it to you , but I love you. A lot. Since we first met until know , these feelings are still the same , funny how I always said that I treat you like my brother. But please , even if you hear this , just forget that I said this ... Please , wake up and live as the original Kim Jongin again , please ....” she said , almost crying.

Suddenly she felt that his hand are moving , she stopped and looked at it for a moment. “Yo-Youngji ...?” he whispered with oxygen mask still placed on his mouth , “Yes , it’s me. It’s me !” she smiled but then a fast beep from the electrocardiograph heard. Jongin’s eyes closed again and Youngji ran out to find a help.

The doctor and some nurses came over to check him , “It’s V-fib , bring the defibrillation and 1 ampule epinephrine!” Dr.Jung said and a nurse quickly ran out from the room. Youngji couldn’t help but cry silently , she’s worried a lot about him.

-song ended-

---

Suho was walking around the hospital , “Ah , Dr.Kim” one of the doctor that passed him by greet him. Suho is a doctor and also the chief of the hospital where Jongin stay , suddenly an alarm for announcement heard. “Arrest , 714. Arrest emergency , arrest 714” it said and Suho frowned , “Arrest ? Cardiac arrest in patient’s room ?” he thought and begin to walking to the VIP room floor where Jongin stay.

---

“200 volt!” Dr.Jung said and he shock Jongin’s body with the defibrillation , but still it’s the same. Then he does the CPR , “Come on , Jongin. Come on” Youngji prayed in her mind , clapsing her hands togther tightly and closed her tears. Suddenly the sound of the heartbeat came back to the normal one , but Jongin fell into a deep slumber again.

“Take his blood preasure again and checked it every two hours” Dr.Jung said and the nurses nodded , he exited the room and talked to Youngji who were waiting outside the room. “He’s okay now , miss. Don’t worry , but the bad news is he fell asleep again. We’ll keep continuing to watch his progress” Dr.Jung said before he excused himself after Youngji thanked him and the nurses.

When Youngji was about to entered Jongin’s room again , Suho called her. “Youngji ?” he said and she turned around , “O-oppa ?” she shocked and then she realize that it is Suho’s hospital. “What are you doing here ? And .... did you cry ?” he asked her carefully , “Ah .. I’m ...” she hesitated to tell him but then she sighed. He is the leader and the most wise from the other boys , “I’m a guardian” she said. “For ...?” Suho asked , “For Jongin” she said and he widened his eyes in shocked.

“J-Jongin ? As if Kim Jongin ?” he asked her and she nodded , “Come in” she said and eh follow her to entered the room. Suho gasped seeing Jongin lifelessly laying down on the bed with oxygen mask and electrocardiogram attached to his body. “What happened actually ? Why the others don’t know about this ?” Suho asked her in worried tone and Youngji told him everything from the first place.

“Really ?” he still didn’t believe how the strong Kim Jongin fell into a big depression like this , “I’m serious” she said again. “That’s why I keep it you and the others , except Sehun and Jean. They knew this” she said again. Suho shooked his head in disbelief , “Be patience , okay ? Hey , uhm , can I tell the boys about this ? Except Kris ?” he asked and she nodded. “Don’t let him know now , Jean told me she’ll tell him by herself” Youngji said and he nodded.

Suho gave him a friendly hug , “It’s okay , he’ll be okay. Trust the doctors , okay ?” he said and she nodded. “Thank you , oppa” she said and he left because he need to meet the boys for lunch. She looked at Jongin , smiled bitterly.

“It’s okay , Jongin. You’ll be okay , so wake up soon. Please”.

---