F I R S T

Beside You

 

       It was the first day of spring. Flowers would bloom once again. Daffodils, Sunflowers, Roses, Tulips and other kinds of flowers all shapes and sizes were found everywhere. A little girl stood among those flowers. A curious looking little girl went on smiling and picking flowers to smell. "I'll keep these as a decoration for our house," The little girl said and went on smiling, picking more and more beautiful flowers. 

       She hummed and sat on the newly green grass to relax and stare at flowers. She really loves flowers so much. Little Blaire was having a good day when a little boy suddenly blindfolded her and hugged her from the back. She was startled and held the blindfold that was covering her vision. 

      ''Hey Zhang Yixing get this off me!" She giggled and waited for a response from someone.

      She was not alone for she has a very special friend. Someone she could count on. 

     ''Who's Zhang Yixing? I know nothing about the person called Zhang Yixing ." He also giggled and tried to change his cute voice into a voice of a man. 

      Little Blaire took off her blindfold to see Lay but as she took it off, he started tickling her as a greeting. She went on giggling and laughing telling him to stop but Lay just refused to stop for he loves annoying his bestfriend. 

     "I knew it! It was you who did that." she said while pointing a finger at him. 

     Lay just hugged her as tight as he could and put a yellow tulip on Blaire's right ear.

     Blaire and Lay were childhood friends and has a relationship which everyone would call it "Puppy Love." Oh how sweet and cute puppy love is! They even hang out underneath an oak tree and would carve their initials on its bark. This was the sign of their everlasting love and friendship.

     They thought their friendship would last forever but forever is just simply a word. They could've stayed at this relationship but things just happen. They thought this day wouldn't come. The day where one of them would have to say goodbye, farewell or even wish you good luck to another. The day when promises were meant to be made and kept. This day when Lay needs to bid farewell to Blaire. 

      "Promise me you'll wait for me alright?" Lay said with a muffled voice while cupping Blaire's cheeks to be able to wipe her tears anytime it would come out. 

     "I will. Promise me you won't forget me and you'll come back again, alright?" Blaire just couldn't see Lay  go away infront of her eyes. She really liked him as a brother, a friend and a bestfriend. She tried to stop her tears from coming out because she knows that Lay hates it whenever she cries. She wants Lay to go with a smile plastered on his face and she knows that Lay thinks of it as well for Blaire. 

     He then put out his locket with their picture in it. “Here,” He took it off and handed it over to her. “This locket would be a memory of me so that you won’t forget me alright?” He smiled genuinely to her while giving to her his prized possession. 

 

    "I will come back for you. We'll be together again okay? I'll miss you."

    Those were Lay's last words for Blaire.