11/6/2011 – Nanako's Recovery

P4G: Kanji and Naoto's untold stories

Nanako has successfully been safe from Namatame, but her condition is very bad. The Investigation Team directly sent her to Inaba Municipal Hospital and wait in front of her room and hoping for the best.

“Nanako... still hasn’t recovered from her cold,” said Yu.

“Nana-chan’s still so small, so her other self didn’t appear like it did for everyone else. And she got cought in all that craziness,” Kuma seems very worried.

“All that shadows just had to show up! There’s no way she could’ve handled that, damnit!” said Yosuke in frustration.

“Why did I waste time listening what Namatame had to say?!” said Naoto in regret.

“If I hadn’t tried to engage him in conversation, and we rescued Nanako immediately...” before she finish her sentenced, Chie interupted.

“It’s not your fault, Naoto-kun,”

“It is MY fault!” Naoto shout, losing her usual calm self.

“Even then, I prioritized solving the case over Nanako’s safety. Because of that, Nanako is...” said Naoto as she start to cry. Kanji just sighed.

“All right, enough of this pity party,” said Kanji in trying to calm the team.

“Kanji-kun?” Naoto looked shocked.

“Is feeling pathetic and consoling each other gonna solve anything? We gotta believe in her,” Kanji said to the group.

“Get it together, Naoto! You of all people should know this,” said Kanji as she poke her shoulder.

“I’m sorry. You’re absolutely right,” said Naoto as she put a smile on her face.

“What’s this? You were pretty cool for once, Kanji,” said Rise.

“Huh? What’s that supposed to mean?” Kanji yell at Rise.

“Guys, don’t make a scene in the hospital. Sheesh!” Yosuke tried to mediate them.

 The tension finally lift off as they decide to go home and believe that Nanako will be allright.

 

11/21/11

Yu got the word from the hospital that Nanato has been better and it’s okay to visit her today. He decided to tell the other during luch break. Everyone is gathered in second-year class 2 as usual except for Naoto.

“Oh, where’s Naoto?” Yosuke wondered.

“I was going to invite her earlier, but she wasn’t in her classroom,” said Rise.

“Allright, I’ll go find her and give her the good news!” said Kanji as he rush to find Naoto.

Not long after, Kanji saw Naoto in the corridor between classroom building and practice building, gazing through school yard. It seems she still blame herself over what happened to Nanako.

“Oy Naoto! Nanako-chan getting better!” Kanji running and shouting toward her.

“Oh... Nanako’s doing better? That’s great,” Naoto sound relieved.

“Hey do you still blaming yourself?” asked Kanji as he stand beside her.

“Honestly.. Yes, I do,” Naoto answered. Kanji let put a sighed.

“For a genius, you’re a !” said Kanji. Hearing this, Naoto seems surprised and directly look to Kanji’s face.

“No one blaming you you know! If there’s someone to blame, it’s Namatame! I’m sure everyone were glad you were there. We probably can’t save Nanako-chan if you weren’t there. So cheer up!” said Kanji.

Seeing Kanji’s determination and faith in his friends, Naoto finally can put a smile on her face.

“I just want someone to acknowledge me. I want to be needed. That’s why I was trying so desperately to solve the case. If you take away my ability as a detective, I have nothing. But now I know you guys were happy I was there. I have a place where I belong. It made me really happy,” said Naoto while blushing and looking down.

“Now that’s what I’m talking about,” said Kanji as he poke her head.

The whole team decided to go to the Hospital after school that day. Hoping to see Nanako getting better.