10/27/2011 – School Cultural Festival

P4G: Kanji and Naoto's untold stories

12:09

The Investigation gathered in the school rooftop after Yosuke sign Chie, Yukiko, Rise, and Naoto to the Beauty Pageant Contest without their consent. Everyone but Rise seems vary mad about that, especially Chie.

"Why did you put our name without asking us first, you jerk!?" Chie furiously asked.

"I mean, you guys know how popular Yukiko is here. And on top of that, we have an idol and a Detective Prince. What's the point of having a beauty pageant if all these incredible heroines aren't going to take part!?" Yosuke seems to worried about his safety.

"So where do I fit in!? ... Well, excuuuse me for not fitting in!!" said Chie while kicking Yosuke.

"So, do you want us to enter, senpai?" Rise asked Yu.

After a moment of thinking, Yu gave the girls a big speech about why the must enter the contest. They finally gave in, but Naoto still look worried.

"Wh-Why don't you guys just enter?" Kanji suddenly asked.

"Just enter the damn thing! It would clear all my doubts. I'm beggin' you! Make me a man!" Kanji begin shouting to Naoto.

"What are you talking about? doubts?" Naoto seems confused.

"I said enter the pageant, dammit! Aren't you a detective!?" Kanji continue shouting to Naoto.

"How is that even related?!" Naoto even more confused.

"It looks like we don't have much choice," Yukiko sigh.

the rest of the group seems agreed.

 

After they express they desperation, Yu, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko head back to their class since they still got a lot of things prepared for their Group Date Cafe. Rise join them because she seems pretty enthustic about the upcoming event and thinking about how she should prepared for it. Kanji decided to go back to his class room when he see Naoto just staring through the horizon in the rooftop. She seems still can’t accept the reality that she’ll be participated in Beauty Pageant Contest. He decided to talk to her.

“Hey Naoto, what’s up? You’re not going back?” asked Kanji as she approached her.

“N-Nothing,” Naoto answered.

“Aaa.. I’m sorry I was shouting at you earlier,” Kanji suddenly apologized.

“T-That’s fine. It’s not my greatest concern right now to be honest,” said Naoto while looking down.

“Do you still want to be a man? My dad told me somethin’ right before he died: ‘If you’re a man, you have to become strong’. It pissed me off because it felt like he was telling me I wasn’t a real man. So I changed my looks and pushed myself away from people. Fighting gangs thinking I was protecting mom. I thought alla that was how I was becoming strong. But that wasn’t it. That ain’t what Dad meant,” Kanji explained his situation to Naoto. She look at his face, surprised.

“I think what Dad meant by becoming ‘strong’ is to stop lying to myself. No more being scared of everyone. Hiding my hobbies. And staying away from people. Anytime, anyplace, I’m gonna bust right through as my own self! As long as I have you and the others to accept me, I ain’t afraid of nothing! So if you want to become a strong man, you gotta start by being honest to youself,” said Kanji proudly.

 “Thank you, Kanji-kun,” said Naoto as she close her eyes and put a smile on her face. It seems her worries about the whole Beauty Pageant Contest thing begun to fade.

 

The Beauty Pageant Contest day, 10/30/11

Naoto still waiting for her turn to be call by the MC of the event. Even though she still wears trousers, she put some make-up on let go of her hat that she usually use, making her look more feminine than usual.

“Next is the mysterious transfer student, of the first-year’s class 1, Shirogane Naoto-chan!” said the MC as he introduces Naoto. She then walk into the stage.

“I-I’m Naoto Shirogane. It’s hard to believe I’m up on a stage at a pageant like this... This is beyond my wildest imaginings... I-I really don’t know what to say...” Naoto said to the crowd.

“C-Can I step back now?” Naoto whispered the MC.

“And with that, all six uniquely beautiful contestant are in stage! And now we’ll take a brief break while our contestant put on their swinsuits and be back in just a few moments!” said MC as the curtain on the stage is closed.

 

And with just a flash, Naoto put on her swimsuits. It’s already her turn to show up on the stage.

“And next! The detective princess, Shirogane Naoto-chan of the first-year’s class 1!” said the MC.

The flashlight spot to the center of the stage where Naoto suppossed to be appearred in her swimsuits, but she was nowhere to be found. Apparently she was in the side of the stage, covering her body with the curtain. The flashlight directly spot her.

“I-I can’t do it after all,” said Naoto as she feels embarrassed.

“I-I’m sorry, but I’m not feeling well,” Naoto said in panic and then she run away from the stage. It seems too much for her to be wearing swimsuit so suddenly. Maybe another time.