I'll Miss This Place

The Fallen Star

And so, Haemin became a part of their giant family. They always invited her over for meals and became great friends. 

Except for Baro. There was still this nagging sound in the back of his head that convinced him Haemin was evil.

"Can't we invite her along to the movies?" Byeol pouted.

"Are you sure we can trust her?" Baro whispered.

"Why not?"

"You haven't exactly told me what she did to you, how can you expect me to trust her?"

"All you need to know is that she's different now. She's the nice Haemin again. She's even become friendlier than when i first met her."

"If you're sure." Baro sighed.

Byeol grinned and nodded to Jinyoung.

"We're going to catch a movie after school, do you want to come?" Jinyoung asked Haemin.

"Well, if it isn't too much of a hassle..." Haemin trailed off.

"It's not. Come on, it'll be fun.""Okay then." She smiled.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

"This is so sad." Byeol murmured for the 5th time, wiping her tears away.

"It's funny, why are you crying?" Baro asked in a hushed whisper.

"Her boyfriend who died is actually watching over her all the time, and in the form of an angel! It's so touching." She replied.

Baro shrugged.

"Guys will never understand. Haemin, did you cry too? Even just a little?" She turned to ask Haemin who nodded.

"Of course i did." Haemin snuffled.

"See?" Byeol punched Baro in the arm playfully, but he just nodded, a small smile forming on his face.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol opened her locker and gathered all the things, leaving not a single thing behind.

"I see you're finally clearing out your locker." Gongchan smiled.

"It's the last day of school before Christmas break. If i don't clear it now, when else am i supposed to?" She chuckled. 

"Good point. Do you need help with those books?" He held out his hand to help.

"Nope." She stuffed the letters into her bag and smiled. "All done."

"There's not even a speck of dust here." Gongchan stared, his mouth agape. "Have you forgotten there's school after christmas break?"

"That's next year. Let's go. I won't be seeing this place for a long time." An inaudible sigh escaped her lips. "I'll miss this place."

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol lay on the sofa, twirling her necklace round her fingers, and she suddenly came to a realisation. 

"Baro oppa, i need to go find Haemin for abit. I'll be back soon!" She jumped up but was caught by Baro.

"Why are you going to find Haemin?" He asked.

"I've something really important to tell her. I just remembered it."

"What's so important that you can't ask her tomorrow?"

"I just need to get it off my chest."

"But what if she harms you?"

"She won't. Plus i bet Hakyeon will be around somewhere to protect me."

"Okay." He nodded.

"I'll be back soon. Love you!" She pecked his cheeks and ran off.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Haemin was sitting on the school bench reading a book when Byeol sat down beside her. Haemin looked up and smiled an innocent smile. "Hi."

"Are you hiding anything from me?" Byeol asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"You said you wanted to go back with me. But your crystal's been smashed. How are you supposed to return?"

"Ah." Haemin removed the necklace around her neck and looked at the bottle fondly. "I know i'm not considered a star anymore, but i'd like to try. I miss the feeling of walking on clouds, and just staring far into the mist."

"But what if you can't go back?"

"Then you'll have to go alone."

"Is that your plan from the beginning? To send me back alone while you stay here?"

Haemin shook her head. "I never thought of that. I wouldn't dream of it!"

"Isn't that the reason why you haven't gone back after all these years?"

"Listen to me, i never meant it that way and i never will. You're like a sister to me. Someone i cherish. When i look at you, i'm reminded of my little sister i used to have. I loved her so much. But i was force to part ways with her. I miss her so much. That's also a reason why i want to go back."

Byeol nodded solemnly. "Sorry for doubting you."

"It's okay. By the way, christmas is coming soon, do you want to go shopping for presents with me? I don't have anyone to give the presents to, but i could accompany you."

"Sure. Tomorrow at noon?"

Haemin nodded. "You'd better go back. The boys will worry about you."

"Okay. See you tomorrow." Byeol waved and ran off.

Hakyeon peeped out of the bushes and went to sit beside Haemin.

"You're not planning anything, are you?" He asked.

"I don't think so. I'd probably regret it anyway."

"Oh, so the great Haemin regrets stuff too?"

"Why not? I have feelings too." She shot him a look.

"And somehow i keep forgetting that."

"I thought you hated me?"

"Not hate. Dislike. And that was before you and Byeol became the best of friends. Even so, don't you dare forget about me."

"Of course not." Haemin smiled. "Thanks for everything."

"Welcome." Hakyeon gave her a soft smile.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤