Stars Glow When They're Happy

The Fallen Star

"Dinner's ready!" Jinyoung shouted from the kitchen. Everyone was at the dining table as quick as a flash, holding their chopsticks in their hands. Byeol meekly went to into the kitchen and helped Jinyoung to serve the food.

"Only Byeol deserves to eat. The rest of you just wait to be served!" Jinyoung frowned.

"We're too hungry to serve!" Sandeul pouted.

"If Sandeul helps to serve, you'll probably find the food all gone when it reaches the table." CNU pointed out.

"I'm not that selfish!" Sandeul frowned.

"You're not selfish, you're just a glutton." CNU replied.

The two continued arguing even though the food was placed right in front of them. Baro and Gongchan just watched, rather amused at the sight.

"Stop arguing and just eat." Byeol chuckled.

"You seem like you're in a good mood today." Jinyoung smiled at Byeol.

"It's nothing much." She smiled.

"I heard Baro hyung redecorated that spare room for Byeol!" Gongchan pipped up.

"You did?" Sandeul's attention shifted to Baro, as he stuffed some food into his mouth.

"I had to find a way to let her sleep in a nicer environment." Baro said plainly.

"Well, i'm happy i don't need to share a room with you any more. You're always taking up my bed space." Sandeul grinned.

"It was you who pitied me sleeping on the couch and invited me over." Baro shrugged.

And so another argument started, with random bits of conversation in between.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol was lazing around in her own room, randomly flipping through books, when Baro entered after knocking. 

"Do you like your room?" He asked.

Byeol smiled and nodded excitedly. "Baro oppa is the best!"

He laughed and sat beside her on the bed. "What do you know about stars glowing?"

"Hmm. They use starlight?"

"Other than that. The natural one when they don't do anything at all."

"Oh, you mean THAT glow. Well, it supposedly happens when a star is truly happy. But the star herself usually doesn't know it happened. It's a involuntary thing that happens. But why do you ask?"

"I just read about it somewhere." He gave her a mysterious smile.

"You're acting weird." She said softly.

"I'm always weird." He grinned, his face suddenly just inches away from hers. Byeol felt her face heat up, but she couldn't move.

"Hyung!" Gongchan suddenly barged into the room. "Umm... what are you two doing?" His expression couldn't be deciphered.

"Nothing. Why are you here?" Baro stood straight.

"Umm. Jinyoung hyung said he needed your help." Gongchan replied.

Baro nodded and brushed past Gongchan on his way out, closing the door behind him softly. Gongchan decided to take this opportunity to talk to Byeol.

"How's your relationship with Baro?" He nudged her gently.

"Normal? What are you expecting me to say?" She laughed softly.

"I don't know. Something along the line of 'we're dating'?"

"That seems impossible."

"Why?"

She shrugged. "It just does."

"Nothing is impossible." He grinned.

"Can we change the topic?"

"Sure."

"It's just a question, but... What would happen if i left? If i returned home?"

"By home you mean up there?" He pointed out the window towards the sky.

"Yes. My home."

"I guess we'll all be broken hearted. After all, we've been spending so much time with each other."

"Where is home exactly?"

"Home is where the heart is."

"What if my heart's in two places?"

"Then choose the place where your heart seems to be the biggest."

"What if i myself don't know where it's the biggest?"

"You'll find out someday." He gave her an encouraging smile.

"How are you so sure?" She asked, staring into the distance.

"I just do." He smiled. "And i know you do too."

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol put on a pair of sneakers and was about to leave the house when Baro held her back. "Woah there, where are you going?"

"I'm meeting Hakyeon at the cafe downtown today. Didn't Gongchan tell you?" She asked.

"You told Gongchan, but didn't tell me?"

Byeol laughed. "Are you jealous? Relax, i still like you best."

Her words set his heart thumping. "All right. But be careful, okay?"

Byeol nodded.

"And don't talk to any strangers on the way. Be wary of everyone, got it? If anything happens, call me right away."

"You're starting to sound like Jinyoung oppa. Relax, i'll be fine. What could happen?" She gave him a quick hug and left the house.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

"Do you feel like someone is watching us?" Hakyeon asked, sipping his caramel latte.

"No." Byeol turned her head and observed her surroundings. She noticed someone with a huge hat, reading a newspaper that was turned upside down. She smiled knowingly and turned back. "If there really is someone watching us, i don't think that person would harm us. We haven't done anything wrong, have we?"

"Absolutely not." He shook his head. "I've never ever done anything wrong. How about you?"

She laughed. "My conscience is clear."

"Hey, can i ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"What do you think of me?"

"Hmm. I admire your courage. And you're pretty smart. And you're not too bad looking. To sum it all up, you're a nice person."

"Thank you." He smiled. "I think you're a nice person too."

"Thanks. Do you have something in mind to say? You wouldn't have asked me out just to have a drink, would you?"

"You don't know me well yet. Maybe i really just wanted to have a drink with you."

"Sure, whatever you say."

"You don't believe me?"

"Of course i believe you. You wouldn't lie to me, right?"

"Why would i?"

"Then there's no reason for me not to believe you." She smiled.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol arrived home to see Baro seated on the sofa, wiping sweat from his brow. 

"Did you just run a marathon? You're sweating buckets." She asked.

"I was working out. Cardio, you know?" He replied immediately, as if having thought of an answer beforehand.

"Cardio is good." She nodded. "Well, i just wanted to say that you're a genius for being able to read an upside-down newspaper. And that hat totally doesn't draw any unwanted attention."

"I what? Oh." Realisation struck him. "You found out?"

"It's pretty obvious."

"And you're not mad?"

"Not even the slightest bit."

"But i invaded your privacy."

"Well i find it kind of cute. You almost make it seem like you want me to be mad." Her eyebrows bent slightly.

Baro laughed. "I just find it weird. Normal people would be mad."

"I'm not a normal person, remember? I'm a star. But then again, i'm not a normal star either. I'm a fallen star." She smiled. "And by the way, i may not be mad, but you still have to make it up to me."

"Why?"

"You almost ruined my afternoon, if you haven't forgotten."

"Of course i haven't. I suppose it would only be right to do so. What would you want me to do?"

Byeol gave him a small smile. "I'll let you know when i need it."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

18th chapter! ^^

Just to remind you guys, comments are always welcomed, so feel free to leave some below :)