Tantrum

The Fallen Star

The side table light was on, as Byeol sat thinking in a corner of the room. Cha eomma's words echoed in her mind. "Do you have feelings for him?" 

*Do i? Do i like him?* She sighed. She couldn't even sort out her own feelings.

Yoonji yawned and covered herself with the blanket. "Unnie, aren't you sleeping yet?"

Byeol snapped out of her trance. "Yeah. I'm tired too." She switched the light off and went to bed.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol was sitting at the balcony again, trying to regain her strength from the moonlight that shone down. She knew her powers shouldn't be used too many times in a day. 

Furthermore, she was just a beginner, and couldn't use up too much power in one day. Helping Baro's grandmother regain her memory had already worn her out. But stopping the bleeding had drained her even more. 

She took in deep breaths and exhaled.

"What are you doing out here at this timing?" Yoonji sat beside Byeol.

"I'm just thinking about life." Byeol replied.

"You must be really patient to be around oppa. Isn't he stubborn?"

"Sometimes. But he mostly gives in to me."

"He hardly gives in to me."

"He must have his reasons."

"I doubt so." She paused. "Unnie, can i ask you something?"

"Sure."

"You're a star, aren't you?"

"What? How did you..."

"I knew that from the moment i saw that pendant. Only stars have them."

"Are you sure?"

"I read extensively."

"You mean google?"

"Maybe. You're sitting in the moonlight to regain your strength aren't you? Because you're strained from helping halmeoni to remember oppa."

"You're smart."

"Of course."

"Do you know a lot about stars?"

"Yup. I've been interested in stars since the age of 3, but i only started researching since a few years back. I've got an entire box of details! Eomma says i'm obsessed but it's more of my hobby."

"Since you know so much about stars... do you possibly know how to get them home?"

"Hmm... i can't remember if i've got that down. I'll go check it out!" Yoonji smiled and ran to her room. She returned soon after with a huge box. She dug into it and pulled out tons of notes. "I can't find my files."

"Files?" Byeol asked.

"I've got several flies on case studies about stars returning to the sky. I remember placing them in here but they're gone! I'm really sorry."

"It's fine. I don't believe i won't be able to find a way home."

"I'll go back and continue searching. See you tomorrow!" Yoonji gave an apologetic smile and ran off with her box.

Byeol sighed. "When will i ever get home?"

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

The next morning, they took the first bus that left Gwangju and headed to Seoul. Byeol was so exhausted that she collapsed on the sofa once they reached home. Baro changed his clothes and grabbed the house keys.

"Oppa, are you going somewhere?" Byeol asked.

"I need to get some stuff." He replied, putting his shoes on. "Stay home and don't go anywhere, got it?"

Byeol nodded and watched as Baro left hurriedly. 

She shook her head at his weird actions and just went about tidying the house.

The boys returned home one by one, each telling with their own stories. 

Baro slipped in through the back door with two cans of paint and crept upstairs before anyone could notice. He locked the spare room door and stayed inside for hours.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol knocked at the room door and waited until Baro opened in.

"What is it?" He asked, closing the door shut.

"Dinner's ready." She replied.

"Okay."

"What are you always doing inside there anyway?"

"Nothing. Don't ever go in there, okay?"

Byeol nodded. "But why?"

"Just don't." He said coldly and left.

She blinked, confused, and frowned. "What's with him?" She pouted and followed him downstairs.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

The six of them entered the school gates for another long day of school.

"Excuse me." A tall boy with black hair passed a letter to Byeol. "Nice to meet you." He smiled and walked off, leaving Byeol dumbfounded. 

She blinked and flipped the envelope over, trying to find a name.

"Don't bother. That's Lee Hakyeon. He's the same age as Sandeul and me." Baro told her.

"He actually has the guts to pass this to me in person..." she muttered.

"The others don't do that, do they? They just leave the letter in your locker." Gongchan whispered.

Byeol nodded. "He seems different."

"Just because he's different doesn't mean you should take a liking to him." Jinyoung slung his arms over her shoulders.

"I never said i did." She rolled her eyes and pushed his arm off. "Don't touch me."

"Someone's grouchy today." CNU ruffled her hair.

"I'm not." She argued, soothing her hair back in place.

"Aww, cutie pie." Sandeul pinched her cheeks.

"What's with all of you today?" She frowned a little.

"We're always like that." Jinyoung shrugged. "Just always remember to stay away from those queenkas okay? They might harm you."

"Oppa, i'm not a little kid! When will you guys all realise that? I don't need constant supervision. All i need is to find a way home!" Her frustration just burst out like that. She groaned and went the other way.

"Where are you going?" Gongchan shouted after her, but she didn't reply.

"She'll calm down soon." CNU reassured them as they headed to class.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Baro whipped out his cellphone in the middle of english class and texted Gongchan secretly.

Gongchan soon replied.

Baro sighed deeply, stuffing his phone back into his pocket. He had tried to call her in between breaks but she never answered. 

She couldn't be so petty, could she?What if she had gotten into an accident on the way home? What if she had gotten lost? What if she had gotten kidnapped? 

A thousand 'what ifs' popped into his mind and he bit his lip to keep himself distracted. 

"Nothing will happen to her..." he whispered to himself.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

13th chapter! ^^ I've been busy packing my luggage today, so i updated a little later. 

Anyway~ I might not update tomorrow cause i'll be busy, sorry ><

Please remember to subscribe if you haven't, and leave lots of comments below! :D