The Start Of It All

The Fallen Star

All the stars gathered on the largest piece of cloud and headed into a large building, known as the Celestial Palace.

The Celestial Palace was a grand palace, as the name implied. The walls were pure gold, with star dew dripping off the towers. Only large events were held at the Celestial Palace, and this, was another large event.

It was the time of the year again, Christmas, to be exact.Christmas was a special time for the stars in the sky, for they had the task of shining brighter than ever and bringing warmth to the humans on earth, by emitting a strong yet gentle light, called starlight.

Each star was assigned to a particular human once they turned 18. Stars stop ageing once they turn 18.

They usually had their briefings on Christmas Eve, which was today.

The stars filed into the large auditorium and seated themselves comfortably.

The Pristine Star walked up to the front of stage. She was the oldest and wisest of all stars, and was the one in charge of anything related to stars.

She cleared and started, "Stars, as you all know, Christmas is tomorrow. You all have a very important task ahead of you. Stick close to your human, and do your job well. I want you all to rest well tonight, and conserve your energy for using your starlight tomorrow. You have to be the brightest. Let's keep our reputation." She paused for a short moment. "On the other hand, tomorrow marks the start of another decade. A star will fall from the sky. Please be careful, and keep your crystal pendant close to you at all times."

Byeol clasped the star shaped crystal pendant in her hand. She glanced at Miryeon, her elder sister, and also her best friend.

Miryeon smiled warmly and placed her hand over Byeol's comfortingly. "It'll be fine. Fallen stars find their way home too."

Byeol sighed. "But it may take years."

"I returned after merely 3 months." Miryeon chuckled at the memory. "Chansik was so cute i almost decided to stay on earth."

"Really?" Byeol was stunned. Did her sister really have such a thought before?

"No, silly. It was just one tiny thought i had at that time. But i sort of brushed it away. It's nicer to look after him from here." Miryeon smiled.

"I'm still scared." Byeol bit her lower lip nervously.

"Hey, there are billions of stars out here. What are the odds?" Miryeon assured her.

Byeol nodded and fastened the crystal pendant around her neck. "Thanks unnie."

Miryeon nodded and stood up. "Let's go prepare."

Byeol stood up and followed her sister out of the auditorium.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol looked down from the sky and took a glance at the human she was assigned to. It had been 2 years since she turned 18, and she'd stuck by this human ever since then. His previous star had disappeared 2 years ago.

"Cha sunwoo." She muttered to herself. "I'll see you soon."

She watched as Sunwoo hid a present under the christmas tree before snuggling into bed.

"Byeol, go to sleep. You'll need enough energy for tomorrow." Miryeon ruffled her hair.

"But it's not even 9." Byeol complained.

"Be a good star." Miryeon tucked her pendant under the folds of her dress.

Byeol nodded and closed her eyes for awhile. *Tomorrow will be a better day.*

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

The clock struck 12, and Gongchan stirred in his sleep.

It had been 3 years since he moved in with his 4 best friends. These 5 boys were all from different villages, and they had earned scholarships to the best school in Seoul, WM Academy. They had decided to rent a rather large bungalow to live in for convenience's sake, as the school was only a 10 minute walk away from the bungalow.

Gongchan rubbed his eyes and sat up. Was it Christmas yet? He flicked on the lights and gasped in excitement, immediately running to Jinyoung's room.

"Hyung!! It's 12 midnight!! Wake up!!" Gongchan yelled and pounced on a sleeping Jinyoung.

"Chan. Go back to sleep." Jinyoung mumbled and pulled his covers higher.

"But it's Christmas!" Gongchan grumbled and pulled Jinyoung's blanket away. "Get your lazy out of bed and let's go see if Santa gave any of us presents! I've been a good boy this year."

"My dear maknae, sorry to burst your bubble, but Santa isn't real." Jinyoung groaned and tossed in bed.

"I don't care! Let's go open the presents!" Gongchan tugged on Jinyoung's arm but he just wouldn't budge. "I give up. I'll go open your presents and burn them." He frowned and trudged out of the room.

It was merely 5 seconds...

"HYUNG!" Gongchan screamed. "SANTA GAVE US A GIRL FOR CHRISTMAS!"

Everyone was awake in a second, and dashed to where Gongchan stood in the backyard.

In the bushes covered with snow, there lay a petite girl. She had hazelnut coloured hair up to her waist, with a star shaped crystal pendant around her neck. Even her features looked delicate, with long lashes, a small cute nose and elegant lips. A soft glow seemed to be radiating from her.

"Is she an alien?" Sandeul whispered.

"Do aliens fall from the sky?" Baro whispered back.

"Why not? Maybe her spaceship's nearby!" Sandeul replied.

"Should we move her indoors?" Jinyoung asked.

"What if she's a timebomb?" Sandeul whispered.

"Hyung!" Gongchan slapped Sandeul. "She's a human!"

"A human who appeared from nowhere at 12 midnight." CNU yawned.

"She's going to freeze if she stays here." Baro pointed out.

"Then let's move her indoors." CNU went forward and picked her up, being stunned momentarily because of her light weight. "She's like a feather. Does she even eat?" He muttered to himself and quickly placed her on the sofa inside.

"Hyung, don't you think she'll wake up with a backache?" Baro asked.

"Anyone willing to give up their bed?" Jinyoung asked, clearly annoyed at the idea of having to give up his.

"I don't mind." Baro spoke up.

"By all means. I'm going back to bed." Jinyoung yawned and left.

Sandeul shrugged and left too.

"I'm going to open my presents!" The maknae squealed and ran to the christmas tree like a 3 year old kid.

"I'll help you shift her." CNU grinned.

"Thanks hyung." Baro smiled gratefully.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

First chapter is up! Hope you guys find it interesting. :) Please subscribe if you like it~! Just something you might want to take note of, is that i use * for thoughts. So if you see a *, it means it's my characters' thoughts. Thank you :)