Over Protective?

The Fallen Star

Byeol heard footsteps and sat up straight. She was sitting in Baro's precious tent, enjoying the warmth of it. She felt most at home there, being closer to the sky. 

The tent was ped from the outside and Baro appeared smiling warmly. "Can i come in?"Byeol nodded.

Baro smiled and sat down opposite her. "I guess my special place became yours too."

"Sorry."

"It's okay. I don't mind sharing."

"I'm sorry about today too."

"When you threw a tantrum?"

"I didn't mean to. I just couldn't stand it any more. I don't like relying on others too much. And when the others, especially Jinyoung oppa, take so much care of me, i feel really suffocated. It's not that i don't appreciate it, i just feel a little uncomfortable with you all treating me like i'm some 3 year old kid."

Baro started laughing all of a sudden.

"What's so funny?" She asked.

"You know, you're just like a teenager growing through puberty. The kind when you reach a rebellious stage."

"I'm not a rebellious teenager."

"I know. It just feels like that."

Byeol sighed.

"Everyone just cares for you. They're doing all this because they don't want you to get hurt. You probably haven't met the queenkas yet because we're always surrounding you, but they are really scary towards the people they hate. There was this girl who got bullied so much she committed suicide."

Byeol was silent.

"If you feel guilty, you can always go and apologise when they get home later."

She suddenly reaslised that Baro had skipped school. "You skipped school. You left during the midday break."

"Of course i did. You have no idea how worried i was when you just left like that. I mean, you could have been kidnapped, or knocked down by a car, or-"

"Your lips are bleeding." Byeol frowned slightly and placed her thumb on his lip. 

Her pendant glowed and there was a warm sensation on his lips. Baro felt his heartbeat accelerate. 

"Done." She removed her thumb. "Stop biting your lips. You might die from loss of blood if you don't control that habit."

"You're kidding, aren't you?" Baro asked, heart still thumping rapidly.

"Maybe?" Byeol laughed and exited the tent.

"Yah, reply me properly!" Baro chased after her. He saw Byeol staring at the tent with fascination.

"Have you ever thought about adding lights to the tent? You know, those kind of fairy lights. Both inside and outside the tent. That would be pretty." She smiled to herself.

"I'll consider that." He nodded. "And you still haven't replied me!"

"I don't intend to." She stuck out her tongue and started running away from Baro who was chasing her.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

The 4 other boys were on their way home together after a long day. 

"Do you think Byeol's feeling better now?" Jinyoung sighed.

"She should be. Baro skipped school just to go look for her." CNU replied.

"Maybe you were too protective..." Sandeul frowned.

"We did restrict her a lot." Gongchan added.

"Maybe we shouldn't treat her like a kid. I mean, she's old enough to make her own decisions. And she isn't too gullible either." CNU said.

"I'm just worried something will happen to her. She's just like my little sister now." Jinyoung sighed.

"She's already become family to all of us." Sandeul nodded.

"Well, let's find out if she's still mad." Gongchan stopped at the door.

Jinyoung turned the knob slowly.

"Oppa!" Byeol threw her arms around his waist once he opened the door. "Sorry."

"What's gotten into you again?" Jinyoung laughed. "At least let me come in before you hug me."

Byeol hung back and waited until everyone was in the house. "I'm really sorry for throwing a tantrum earlier on. I shouldn't have done that. I know that you guys all care for me genuinely, i just felt really suffocated. I'm really sorry."

"Aww. My cutie pie is sorry!" Sandeul hugged Byeol tightly. "I forgive you!"

Byeol laughed. "Thanks."

"It's okay. Our baby is growing up!" Jinyoung went forward to hug the both of them.

"We'll be less protective!" CNU grinned and joined the hug.

"Don't leave me out!" Baro joined in.

"Me too!" Gongchan grinned and hugged everyone tightly.

"Oppa! I can't breathe!" Byeol struggled in between giggles. 

A good end to a horrible day.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Baro was watching television at night when Sandeul plopped down beside him. "Haemin was looking for you today. After midday break." Sandeul nudged Baro.

"Typical Haemin." Baro sighed.

"I think she's obsessed with you."

"Is she?"

"Everyone can tell. Everyone except you."

"Yah." Baro rolled up a magazine on the coffee table and smacked Sandeul's head. "Watch it."

"Sorry. But you're really dense. Can't you tell Haemin likes you?"

"I like someone else. She just doesn't know."

"Is it who i think it is?"

"Maybe."

"Don't do this to me! I'm dying to know!" Sandeul pouted.

"Then make simple but mature guesses. I'm going to bed." Baro switched the television off and closed his eyes.

"Maybe you should stop sleeping on the sofa. Your back will hurt one day."

"Not like you care."

Sandeul rolled his eyes. "Suit yourself." He stood up. "Oh! Is it Byeol?"

"Huh?"

"Is the person you like Byeol?"

"I'm not replying that."

"Even a fool can see through that act. I mean, you obviously care for her much more than the rest of us. Why don't you just admit it?"

Baro sighed. "Sit down."

Sandeul did as he was told.

"She's a star. I'm a human. We don't belong together." Baro said sadly.

"Don't you watch Twillight? If a vampire can date a human, why can't a star date a human? Stars are much better than vampires. They aren't blood ers like vampires are."

"Didn't you watch the most recent movie? The girl turned into a vampire."

"How about vampire diaries?"

"The girl had an evil doppelganger."

"Little mermaid?"

"In the traditional version the mermaid turns into bubbles. There's just no happily-ever-after in stories and reality. It's something we all have to face."

"Fanfics allow such pairings though. And they all have happy endings."

"Fanfics allow boyxboy pairings. Would you like to be married to me?"

"Eww no."

"See my point?"

"Yeah i guess. But then again nothing's impossible."

"Then why don't you sprout wings and fly?"

"Because that's...impossible...but planes are possible! In any case, dreams can come true in the weirdest of ways."

"What are you talking about?"

"Nevermind. It's past midnight. I'm going to sleep. Goodnight." Sandeul patted Baro's shoulder and left.

*Is it really possible?* Baro thought to himself.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

14th chapter! 

Doesn't time fly? It seems like yesterday when i posted the foreword hahah :P

Please remember to subscribe if you haven't and leave lots of comments below! ^^