Black Knight (double updates : chapter

The Fallen Star

"What did she do?"

"She seems like such a nice girl..."

"To think she got on Haemin's bad side."

"She should have known."

Manoeuvring through the crowds of students, Byeol finally made her way to her table, only to find it vandalised with a red marker. 

The words read "Go to hell" "" "Return him to me" "Go back to where you came from"  

She didn't know what to do.The students slowly dispersed when they saw her and returned to their own seats. Gongchan stared at the table and immediately swapped her table with his.

"Yah, what are you doing?" Her voice was barely above a whisper.

"Swapping the tables. What else?" He flashed her a smile and sat down.

Haemin strolled in and glared at Byeol. She took a look at the situation and scoffed. "You forced him to swap tables, didn't you? Why can't you face the consequences yourself?"

"She didn't force me to swap them. I did. Just be happy that i didn't bring them over to your classroom and swap your table with hers." Gongchan stood up. He was taller than Haemin, and she had to step back in order to look at him without raising her head.

"Gong Chansik. Don't get on my nerves. I'm your senior." Haemin threatened, she didn't look the least bit intimidated.

"Go ahead and do whatever you want. We all know you can't hurt me. I have strong backup. Remember, Jinyoung hyung and CNU hyung are your seniors."

Haemin rolled her eyes. "I'm not afraid of them."

"But you're afraid of your queenka seniors who have huge crushes on them." Gongchan smiled knowingly.

"Fine." Haemin spat and strolled out of the classroom, turning back to give a final glare before leaving.

"Thanks." Byeol gave Gongchan a small smile.

"I've seen this kind of situations since i entered the school years ago. It's what she does when people get on her nerves. But it's okay, i'll protect you." He smiled back.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol walked side by side with Gongchan towards the lockers during break time. She needed some books and had pleaded him to let her go alone but he didn't want to leave her alone just in case Haemin struck again.

"There are tons of people there, did something happen?" Gongchan murmured.

"Whatever it is, i need to get my books." Byeol sighed and unwillingly pushed past everyone to get to her locker. 

Large words were scribbled over her locker, and clearly cut with a penknife to emphasize the words : Go to hell.

Byeol opened the locker and gave a sigh of relief when she saw that the contents were untouched. She gathered her books and closed the locker door. "Let's go." She took Gongchan's hand and was about to leave when Haemin appeared, smiling.

"Do you like the artwork i left you?" Haemin asked.

Gongchan was about to speak, but Byeol gave his hands a small squeeze, which stopped the words from leaving his mouth.

"Thanks. For such a wonderful art piece." Byeol said calmly.

"Is that sarcasm?" Haemim frowned.

"No." Byeol replied.

"Well, i knew you'd like it." Haemin grinned. "Should i do more?"

"As much as i like it, i wouldn't like you to waste your time and energy on this. It's too much of a hassle, and your perfectly manicured fingernails would get damaged."

"It's no hassle at all. I love it."

"Well, go ahead then. I have 5 more days to play with you."

"5?" 

Byeol smiled. "Because by the time the others come back, you'll have run out of tricks."

"Oh, you can set your mind at ease. I'll never run out of tricks." Haemin winked. "But as for now, i'll take my leave. See you around!" She turned and left.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

"Aren't you tired? Do you want me to carry you?" Gongchan asked, watching Byeol walk by herself quietly.

"Stars don't feel tired." She sighed.

"But you look worn out."

She shook her head. "I'm fine."

"The way you stood up for yourself today was great! You seem to have grown so much. I feel like a proud dad now." He wiped his fake tears away.

She laughed. "You're such a drama queen."

"I'm serious! You should have seen that look on Haemin's face! She looked shocked for a split second. But then she decided to remain her calm composition. That's a pity."

"I know. I was there. Oh, and... thanks for standing up for me today. You were the one who showed me how to fight back."

"You're very welcome. I'd be glad to teach you more about fighting back."

"Whenever time allows. And, don't tell Baro oppa about what's happened, okay?"

"But..."

"I don't want him to worry."

"Okay." Gongchan nodded. As much as he wanted to tell Baro everything that happened, he knew it would be of no use anyway. After all, Baro couldn't possibly give up his geography field trip and fly all the way back to Seoul to deal with all this. His only choice was to protect Byeol as much as he could.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol arrived to school the next day to find a large piece of cloth covering her table. She lifted the cloth up to find that her table vandalised again. Even Gongchan couldn't do anything about it. 

Hakyeon stepped into the classroom and stopped Byeol before she could remove the cloth."It's nicer to see a piece of cloth than those ugly words, isn't it? Don't remove the cloth." Hakyeon smiled at her warmly.

"Did you do this? The cloth..." she asked, a little dumb founded.

Hakyeon nodded. "I knew this would happen, so i decided to pop in before you did. Remove the cloth after school and bring it back the next day. Then we won't have to waste cloths."

"But..."

"Just take it as an apology." He patted her head and left.

"Wow, i never knew he was such a nice person." Gongchan commented.

"He is." Byeol said softly. "He's just like a black knight."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I'M SO SORRY. I just realised that my story makes absolutely no sense. That's because i mixed the chapters up and i forgot all about this chapter. This chapter is supposed to come before the chapter "DOLHARUBANG". So i'm shift this chapter to before "DOLHARUBANG".

Once again, i'd like to apologise for this silly mistake. I hope my dear readers aren't too confused. 

I've decided to do double updates to make up for my not-so-frequent updates. 

Thanks for all the support! ^^