Scary

Damned For Good [HIATUS]

Listen to Julia by Infinite : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt9sQCx58gE

Saya stared at Hero until finally, a small nod from her broke the gaze.

“Is there anything I can help you with?”

She thinks of me as a regular customer, Hero sighed to himself. Yoona was chatting with Hoya, one of the only guy friends she had in this town. Working next to each other had it’s benefits and with Aiden rarely dropping in for coffee and books, the friendship between the two remained untainted from awkwardness.

“I’ll help myself,” he curtly responded and walked up the stairs. Saya blinked at his back. Was he always so rude or was he upset at her clumsy greeting? She quietly watched him head towards the non-fiction section and from her peripheral glance, saw Yoona chiding Hoya.

“What did you bring him here for?” she muttered, slapping Hoya on his arm. The latter pretended to be hurt and lightly rubbed the area she had hit.

“What? If he wants to buy a book, where else will he go?”

Yoona narrowed her eyes and stared at Hero’s back. He turned around, making Yoona quickly look away in embarrassment.

“Are you sure you know him well?” she murmured to Hoya. “He seems awfully… I don’t know, secretive. In a bad way.”

Hoya smirked. If only she knew. But deep inside he knew that Hero was an intimidating figure. Many girls fawned over his mysterious charm but none of them had the courage to be in the same room as him for more than five seconds. Yoona probably didn’t want her new friend to think the Verdelann natives were a spin-off from the Addams Family.

Hoya nodded at Saya and mumbled, “She’s kinda cute.” Yoona raised an eyebrow and said, “She just went through a terrible break-up, not to mention a family tragedy. Hit on her and you’ll lose your number one macchiato customer.”

Hoya raised both his palms up and shrugged. “Just saying…” Only to see his reaction, he added in his head, as he saw Hero throw him a glare. He snorted at his hyung’s predictable behaviour, only to receive a second glare, this time from Yoona. Hoya cleared his throat and moved towards the door, waving the two goodbye. He then turned to look at Saya and tapped her shoulder.

Saya jumped, startled at the sudden physical contact. Hoya gave a smile and waved his hand infront of her face.

“See you again,” he said and left the store. Saya bowed and shouted, “Thank you for the coffee!”

“You’re being too polite!” Yoona whined, but feeling pleased at the same time. Saya lifted her head and shrugged. “We troubled him with the coffee, didn’t we?” She then moved in closer and whispered to Yoona, “Hey, you think Hoya—”

The sound of footsteps broke the two girlfriends apart. Hero roughly placed a book on the counter and took out his wallet. Yoona tapped on the computer keyboard and in a monotonous voice, said, “25 bucks.”

Hero mutely nodded and took out the cash, swiftly walking away with the book in hand and leaving nothing bu the ringing of the doorbell and some dust.

Saya stared at his back and wondered how it was possible for someone like Hoya to be close friends with a guy like HIM. She cocked her head to the right and acknowledged the fact that some people were just not comfortable with manners.

Hero on the other hand was staring at his reflection from a nearby shop window. “Her aura was so calm around Hoya,” he muttered to himself. “But around me….” He lifted his bangs off his forehead and puffed a sigh, looking upwards. “Am I that scary?”