Clean Break

Damned For Good [HIATUS]

Listen to Neverland by UKISS : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW8UW4yAKEU
 

The waves crashed against the beach as Romero slowly took a deep breath and sighed in satisfaction. The penthouse was looking out towards the sea, the prize he had won from those stupid farmers. Who farms on a beach? It was a waste of time, fighting a whole case over something like this. Did people still not understand? The world was all about money, nothing else! Hah! Karma... Karma was under Romero's feet, in his palm, following his commands.... One man's luxury is another's pain.

The water continued to lap against the shore and Romero closed his eyes with pride, letting his ears soak in the beautiful sound of power. 

"Aiden! You--"

Romero's eyes flashed open. Darkness fogged his eyes as he saw six figures playing on the beach.

HIS beach.

The boy named Aiden, who seemed to be no older than twenty-twenty two, laughed and mocked at his friend Hoya's surfing stance. The latter flared his nostrils but managed to crack a grin when Aiden fell back on a clump of seaweed.

"Hey kids."

Aiden looked up and stood alert at the sight of a middle-aged balding man, narrowing his eyes at him. He extended his hand.

"Sir...."

Romero slapped the young man's hand away, snapping the jovial atmosphere to alert. 

"You kids never learn...." Romero muttered. He had a nasty smirk pasted on his face. "You kids, this town, the narrow-minded bastards...."

"Hey!" A moon-faced boy with sharp eyes and short brown hair stepped forward. "Watch your words mister. What's your problem, we--"

"Zico."

Romero's eyes flashed towards a man sitting on the rocks, furthest away from the group. His hair fell on a slant across the forehead and his eyes were darker than night. Romero felt a bit threatened by his calm demeanor and watched as he strutted towards them.

"Hyung," Aiden said, moving towards the new entry. "We just--"

"Oh," Romero hissed, recognition flickering in his eyes. "Now I know who you kids are. You must be the one they call..."

"I'm Hero," the eldest finished. He dug his surfing board on the sand and sighed. "What exactly brings you here Mr. Boneta?"

Aiden's head snapped up. "You're THE Romero Boneta?"

Suddenly the aura of the conversation changed. From a bitter quarrel between a sour old man and a group of young adults, the field seemed to smell of a potential battle. The tension in the air increased as Romero smirked.

"You're Verdelann's Damned, the naive leeches of this stinky tidal pool of a town."

Hoya cocked his head to the right and clenched his fist. Romero sensed his hostility and shifted to look at him. 

"Hot blooded Hoya.... What a lame yet befitting name. You're the son of the clan traitors right? How are Mom and Dad?"

Hoya started breathing at a quick pace and looked towards Hero. The latter sighed and turned away.

"This beach doesn't belong to you," he said in a low voice. "It's public property."

"WAS," Romero corrected. "Until yesterday, when I rightfully inherited the land from this kid's girlfriend and her village idiot of a family."

Romero stabbed his thumb at Aiden who furrowed his eyebrows and scoffed.

"This man is senile, everyone out here knows I don't have a girl-"

"So does that mean," Romero said with a smirk, "that prosecutor Im's daughter Yoona... is available?"

Aiden's face changed and it was his turn to fire up. Shouldn't have taken her name, Hero thought and snickered.

"You guillotine," he muttered. But Romero ignored him and boldly continued. 

"That young girl seems to have a lot of passion in her, what do you think? What, you'll try to stop me, you poor kid---"

Aiden hissed and jumped on Romero, who had been preparing for that very move. He revealed his fangs and threw Aiden over his back, scarring the boy with his nails. Hoya roared and pulled at the man's head with one swift move, cracking his skull. Silence fell.

"Wow," Zico whistled. "Now that's a clean break."

The three turned to look at Hero who stared at the motionless body with blank eyes. 

"Don't forget to saw off the head," he muttered and walked away from the site with his jacket and slacks in hand. His phone rang and he smiled at the number.

"You guys done playing around?" Top asked. Hero looked over his shoulder, just in time to see Zico marvel at all the blood and call Hoya a 'bloody Einstein', while Aiden drew the same scars he was given on the lifeless old man. 

Hero smirked. "Pretty much."