Moving On

Damned For Good [HIATUS]

Listen to Baby Steps by TaeTiSeo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39M9NEZMKzQ&feature=related

"I'm guessing she took it well," I smirked. Jaejoong rolled his eyes, though a smile played on his lips. I shook my head at his different side, but was happy to see him relieved. Hoya and I had tried our best to calm Zico down. The con that Woohyun had played on him years ago still hadn't been erased from his mind and I chuckled to myself as I accepted Woohyun's intelligence. How many men could transform themselves into women, charm the life out of a vampire and then take away all his assets --- in cash as well as in kind?

The hairs on my neck tingled and I brushed it off. Probably Jaejoong and his 'lovey-dovey' aura messing with me. But the aura became stronger and the thoughts of the person were loud and anything but happy.

Jaejoong's back stiffened and I knew that he too had felt it. 

"Should I call Hoya---"

Jaejoong raised his hand and turned around. He tilted his head to one side and as if hit by something sharp, closed his eyes. He gave me a pained look and before I could ask him anything, he rushed upstairs. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at the door, my stance alert. Who on earth was here?

                                                                    ************************************************

"Are you sure?" Woohyun asked, looking at Yoona with concern. It was raining outside, a surprise shower that Verdelann would be greeted with from time-to-time. 

Yoona looked towards the trail and with effort, pulled her lips in a smile. She looked at Woohyun and blinked. "I'll be fine."

Within seconds, she was walking towards the large white clifftop mansion, stomping through the rocks in her dancing shoes and shorts. The rain was pelting down on her loose grey tee and she was looking tardy. But nothing else mattered more than the truth. And that was what she was looking for.

Finally, she was infront of the door. Raising the knocker, she banged it against the wooden entrance, wincing at the clanging sound that followed. 

"What the he--?"

Donghae opened the door, surprise overlapping the irritation on his face. He widened his eyes at the shaking figure before him and stuttered out her name. 

"Y-Yoo-Yoona?" 

"Juvenile?" she spat out. "Naive? Too young? Not of my world? That's what you said, right?"

Donghae closed his eyes upon recognizing the words and opened them with a sigh. "If it's about that..."

"You told me you didn't want to lead me on," Yoona continued, trembling from the cold and her feelings. "You told me I was too innocent to be a part of the world. In a nutshell, you relayed the fact that you were too good for me."

Donghae blinked. "Wait, where is this coming fro---"

"But instead you're too proud!" she shouted. "You're too proud of confessing to me, a mere human! You're too fond of your lineage, so fond of your elite vampire status that you don't want to tell me how you actually feel about me! I quietly accepted the words and until now, believed that I was a stupid reject, only to have to find out that you were just too scared! Fate? You're scared of Fate? What about mine? Like an idiot I've been watching you from afar and not giving a about where I'm going in life just because I'm spending my time hoping for you!"

Donghae's mind was buzzing with all the conflict -- Yoona's words, his heartbeat reacting to them and the fact that she was right now looking like the most fragile being in the planet. His eyes bore into hers, his gaze slowly trailing down to her tightly clenched jaw and fists. 

"I thought you didn't love me anymore," he softly murmured. Yoona froze then recollected herself.

"This has nothing to do with what you think," she hissed. "It's got to do with the fact that the one thing I actually care about and am crazy for is capable of nothing but ing lies!"

"Yoona!" Donghae shouted. He glanced at her wet figure and in one swift move, pulled her inside. 

"I'm getting you towels," he said in a murmur and rushed upstairs. Yoona didn't protest and a second later, found herself wrapped in a long fluffy bathrobe. 

"Sit," Donghae ordered and she did. As if he was working on precious piece of art, Donghae began copious effort of drying her. Yoona felt her heart warm and instantly, shot up from her seat. 

"Don't," she curtly said and snatched the towel away. "You don't owe me anything but the truth."

Donghae sighed. "What truth?"

"Fated. Is it true? We're not Fated?" Yoona said the word like it was a curse and winced when Donghae nodded. 

"Does it even matter?" she asked, hesitant to hear the response. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Unfortunately, yes. Especially if it's a vampire and a human involved."

Yoona didn't question any further and to Donghae's shock, she stormed out of the house. He stalled, then followed her. 

"Yoona!"

But she had left already and outside was someone waiting for her. Donghae watched in vain as she jumped in surprise at Woohyun's appearance, an umbrella in his hand. 

"I'll walk you to the car," Donghae heard Woohyun say, a small smile on his lips. Yoona gave a quiet nod and without a backward glance walked away. 

"That's the kitsune?" Donghae said. From behind him Jaejoong sighed. 

"Yeah. His aura is too bright when she's around."

"So they're Fated?"

"I don't know Donghae," Jaejoong said. With a sad smile, he left his younger brother to ponder alone. 

"But you do know that she's not meant for me," Donghae softly added, his sharp eyes still boring into Yoona's back.