Restless

This Love of Ours
Please log in to read the full chapter

He paused momentarily, his index finger hovering over the upload button. He wondered if history will repeat itself. It has been three years since he last mentioned her in his twitter. He re tweeted a photo shopped wedding picture of her with him to Suk Jin and the fans reacted badly to it. He learnt it the hard way that the world is watching his every move. His phone vibrated and it snapped him out of his thoughts. He tapped on the new message indicator to view the contents. Another article came out on the internet about Shin Min Ah and him. Pictures and news of him completing the udon noodle mission with her became a hot topic and many fans of Monday Couple were dejected by it.

It was way past midnight when he finally decided to upload the picture on his Instagram with the caption Gae jihyo. He uploaded a picture that Ji Hyo sent to him while she was in Hong Kong. It was a picture of her with his mask. He wasn’t sure how the fans would react to the picture this time around but he was sure of his decision. Then just for a split second, he doubted his decision and he felt restless. The ‘what if’ questions started to play in his mind and he needed to talk to her, to tell her what he just did. He didn’t want to wake her from her sleep so he sent her a text message to call him when she wakes up.

Seconds later, his phone rang “Ji Hyo?” He answered with his deep husky voice. “Oppa.. ” She mumbled. “Mianhe.. ” “What time is it now?” She asked in her sleepy voice. “It’s almost two in the morning.” “We have filming in a few hours, why aren’t you sleeping?” She asked as she reached for the on switch of the bedside lamp. “I couldn’t sleep. News and pictures are all over the internet. Our fans are heartbroken and… and I uploaded a picture..” Still in a daze, she tried to comprehend what he was saying as she sat up on her bed.

“Oppa, don’t worry. The news will be over by the next broadcast. Try the lavender oil that I bought for you, it should help. You need to get some sleep.” She waited for his response but there was none. “Did you upload another selca?” “Sort of..” He blurted as he contemplate the best way to break the news to her. “Oppa, what are you saying?” She chided him for beating around the bush. “It’s that picture of you with my mask.. Are you mad?” “What..?!” She got out of bed to retrieve her notebook, selected his Instagram from her bookmark list and saw it with her own eyes – Picture of her in his mask with the caption Gae jihyo. “Ottoke.. Ottoke.. Kang Gary you’re absurd.. I can’t believe you did that!” She said with a frown on her face.

His action somewhat baffled her. He was usually the calmer one between the two of them. Ever since they were together, he was extra cautious with his words and actions. “I’m tired.. Tired of being passive about us.. I can’t live with myself for not reacting visibly to something like this.” She didn’t respond as she read the endless comments left by his followers on the picture. Her silence made him nervous. “Mianhe, Ji Hyo.. I didn’t mean to upset you.” She smiled as she put away the notebook. “Gomawo, Oppa. Thank you for protecting us.” She said with the sweetest voice. “You’re not upset?” He asked in disbelief. “Oppa, I was just worried about you and how the fans would react. I don’t want you to get hurt.” She was far from mad at him; all she cared about was his well-being.

Likewise, as long as he had her by his side, on his side, he knew he would pull it through. “Ji Hyo ah.. Oppa’s missing you right now. We were supposed to spend our weekends together.” He complained for the umpteenth time. They were unable to spend the weekend together as she was away in Hong Kong for the Running Man Fan Meet. “Oppa, we spent the whole afternoon together; just a few hours ago!” She reminded him again for the umpteenth time. “We could’ve dinner together. I was all alone.” He whined. She felt bad although she had meant well.


*Flashback*

She had her phone with her all the time so she could text him whenever she can. Everything about the Hong Kong Fan Meet reminded her of him; if only he was there with her. Suk Jin, Jong Kook, Haha and Kwang Soo kept joking about her ‘Mongness’ throughout the trip. It was an inside joke; they were teasing about her love-struck state as she was constantly thinking about him. She was ecstatic when they finally arrived at the airport for their flight home. She texted him once they were in the boarding area.

To: Kang Gary
At the airport.. Miss you much.. xoxo
From: Ji Hyo

To: Song Ji Hyo
Great!  Miss you more.. Love you much more.. XOXOXO
From: Kang Gary

She smiled widely at his message. She was about to type in her reply when she realized Kwang Soo peeking at her phone from behind her. She quickly held her phone away from him. “Yah, what do you think you’re doing?” She glared at him. “I miss Gary Hyung too.. Lend me your phone.. I want to send him a kiss.” Before she knew it, Kwang Soo snatched the phone from her hand. “Yah, give me back my phone!” She tried to grab it from his hand and he lifted his hand above his head. She was no match for his towering height. “Return my phone!” She smacked his head and grabbed hold of his hair. He yelped and when he tried to push her hand away, she took her phone back.

“Kwang Soo ah, just leave Ji Hyo alone.” Suk Jin, the elder of the group reprimanded him. Jong Kook shook his head with a disapproving look while Haha gave him a ‘you’re dead’ gesture. Ji Hyo shot Kwang Soo a deadly glare and warned him to stay away. Just then, her phone beeped. She tapped on the new text message t

Please log in to read the full chapter