POV

This Love of Ours
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

SJH POV

My drama filming finally ended and we just finished our celebratory supper for the cast and crew. My phone vibrated and his name flashed on the screen. A smile formed on my face. He must have arrived. Without answering his call, I stepped out from the restaurant and saw his car. He didn’t see me as he was looking at his phone. I walked up to his car and tapped on the window. He looked up from his phone and I signaled him to unlock the door. I got up and he enveloped me in his embrace. I hugged him back and realized how much I miss him.

As he drove off, he reached for my hand. He brought it to his lips and kissed my curled fingers. I felt a jolt of current through my entire body. I was utterly speechless when we arrived at my place and he kissed me goodnight. I had assumed that he would be staying over when he insisted to drive me home. It made no sense whatsoever because I told him it was unnecessary as my manager was around to drive me home. It felt like he was adding salt to my wound when he opened the car door for me.

Tired and frustrated, I got off the car. Then he hugged me and gave me an envelope. I mumbled thank you and goodnight without looking at him. I went up to my apartment, unlocked the door and went straight to my bedroom. I let my bag and the envelope slipped from my hand onto the floor next to my dresser as I looked at my reflection on the mirror. My eyes are puffy and tired and my lips are pale. Then I heard my phone beeped. After a few minutes, I reached for my bag on the floor. I searched for my phone and saw an unread message from him. I tapped on the icon to read the message.

 

To: Song Ji Hyo
You didn’t switch on the lights? Don’t be mad. As much as you miss me, I miss you more. You won’t be getting any sleep if I were to stay with you tonight. You’ve worked hard and you need your rest. I’m looking forward to our weekend together. Sleep well and hope the gift will make you feel better.. <3
From: Kang Gary

 

Tears I’ve been holding fell like rain. I was deeply touched by his thoughtfulness. Then it hit me and I felt a pang of guilt. He insisted on driving me home because he had wanted to see

Please log in to read the full chapter