Immunity

This Love of Ours
Please log in to read the full chapter

They have just won the Destiny’s Partner Race. The gold rings were just icing on the cake in comparison with the fortune teller’s reading about them being the destined couple. “Ji Hyo ah, there’s no other choice. It’s just you and I.” He exclaimed proudly as they walked down from the center stage. “Oppa, that’s why you have to treat me better.” She said to him. Her words reminded him of the Wolf and Lamb Race. She said the exact same words then after winning the race. He made a mental note to ask her further later.

That night, while they were getting for bed he decided to ask about it. “Ji Hyo.. can Oppa ask something?” He sat on his side of the bed and waited for her to settle in. “What is it Oppa?” She asked him as she joined him on the bed. He held her in his arms and she rested her head on his chest. Her scent distracted him, he forgot all about his initial intention to talk to her and kissed her lips instead. She responded and the kiss deepened as she wrapped her arms around his neck. All of the sudden, he stopped. Then he pulled away slightly. “Mianhe.. Oppa got distra..” Before he could finish his words, she inched closer and continued to kiss him with the same intensity. He restrained himself and it took all of him to refrain from kissing her back. He pulled away again. Her eyes fluttered open with a questioning look on her face.

“Ji Hyo ah, If you keep this up, I won’t be able to think let alone talk.. I really have something important to ask you..” She knew immediately that something must be bothering him. She released her arms from around his neck and sat up facing him. He reached for her hands, held them in his. “What is it? Is something wrong?” She asked him, her eyes full of concern. “When we won the race today, you said I should treat you better.. Do you feel like I’m taking you.. us for granted?” It took her a full minute to digest what he said. “Oppa, you were worried because of that?” He nodded. She told him she was just pulling his leg and it wasn’t because she felt being taken for granted. “But you said the same thing when we won the Wolf and Lamb race last year..” “Oppa, this is unnecessary.. I know you’ll never take us or me for granted. It was… It’s just that.. It’s not.. Don’t worry, I’m fine, really..” She grasped his hand and smile apologetically.

”Aniya, aniya.. You’re not fine. You need to tell me what’s on your mind.. Talk to me, I need to know..” His persuasion was rewarded when she finally relented with a condition. “Promise you won’t laugh?” “Why can’t I laugh if it’s funny?” “I’m not telling then..” “Aah.. Arasso, arasso.. I won’t laugh. I Promise.” She told him about her vulnerability, how she was overwhelmed by her own feelings, the intensity of her love for him and how much he affected her. “I feel like I love you more than you love me now.” Embarrassed by her own confession, she looked away to avoid his eyes. He lifted her hands and held it against his heart. “Song Ji Hyo, look at me.” Then she slowly lifted her eyes to look at him. He leaned over and kissed her forehead.

“What do I do with you?” He sighed. She was about to speak when he placed his index finger on her lips to silent her. “Listen to me.. When I fell for you, I fell deep.. to the point of no return.. When you feel like you love me more, you are merely catching up with the way I feel for you.. My heart will always be ahead of yours.. I’ll always love you more. Didn’t I give you the immunity last Christmas? I should be th

Please log in to read the full chapter