Your Mum & Kai

What Exactly Is Love?

You didn’t know why but the first person you wanted to save you was Kai. Images of him were floating around your mind.

“Kai, hurry and save me…”

“Aww sweetie, don’t cry hmm? We won’t take that long okay? Come and follow us” they dragged you with force and covered your nose with a handkerchief.

“Kai…” you passed out.

“Sorry baby, there’s no Kai here”

“I am Kai. GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER!” Kai suddenly appeared from behind. His face was contorted with rage and fury.

“Oh babe, your hero has arrived. Let’s see what he can do.”

Not long later, a fight had erupted. Punches were thrown, fists were sent flying. Kai swung his fist and hit the guy’s cheeks. The sudden punch cracked across his cheeks, bursting the fine blood vessels in his mouth.

“Wait… hyung, that’s Kai. Kim Jongin!!”

“Just run!”

The drunken guys escaped when one of them realised that the one they fought with was Kim Jongin. Kai saw you lying on the floor. He ran towards you and saw many bruises on your arms, neck and cheeks.

“Im so sorry… I was late”

Since Kai knew your house, he carried you bridal style home. It wasn’t that far neither near. He didn’t care about his cheeks burning due to the punches. He only cared about you. Seeing you in pain makes him feel guilty.

He knocked the front door a few times after opening the gates. The door opened and there stood your mum.

“Omo! What happened to her? Bring her in” your mum instructed.

“Sorry auntie, I was late to save her in time. Once again, Im sorry” he bowed politely. “I’m Kai, Kim Jongin”

“Kai? That Kai? The Kai I know?”

“Yes, I am what you’re thinking. I am Kai. I’m sorry again.”

“No no, its alright. You brought her home safely and that’s enough. It’s good to see you again,” your mum touched his cheeks, “Do you want a drink?”

“I am fine. And besides, it’s already late, I should head home now. Thank you,” he bowed.

“Come again whenever you want. Thank you again for bringing my Eunmi home.”

Kai went out of your house and headed home. A flash of forked lightning and a great clap of thunder came close upon each other. It started to rain. Kai looked up to the sky and smiled. His heart was happy because your mother remembered him.

“Her mum remembered me. She remembered me!”