Part Time Job

What Exactly Is Love?

“Stop acting like a smart student” Kai scoffed.

“Well maybe I am. I’m a scholarship student and that means, I have to be smart.” You explained while walking back to class, leaving him behind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already recess time and you finally met Ara. It has been awhile since the both of you met each other. Right after she saw you walking in with Kai behind you, she ran shouting your name and hugged you tightly.

“Yah Araa… not too tight pleaseee” you tried to break away from her.

“ooopss mianhae hehe, I just missed you so much!” she cupped your cheeks, “Where have you been and why didn’t you call me?” she wiped her invisible tears.

Just then, one of the guys from a distance shouted Kai’s name really loud that made everyone turn around and look at the owner of the voice. Within seconds, everyone turned their attention towards your direction. You gulped looking at the many pairs of eyes when you realised that they were actually looking at Kai. Kai quickly grabbed your hand and brought you towards his friends. You turned your head around and saw Ara walking towards you too.

“Hi! I’m Sehun the maknae!” the cutie one said to break the silence with a very bright smile and you can see his eyes turning into crescents.

“I am Suho, the leader.” The pretty one said. He looked really smart with his hair combed neatly and shirt tucked in nicely.

“I know you’re going to say that Suho looked smart.” Another guy said followed with a giggle. “I am Baekhyun.” He added. He looked at me with a smile before looking at Ara behind me. Now that I remembered, he was the one I saw with Ara the other day!

“I am Chanyeol the happy virus and this guy beside me is D.o” he smiled showing his teeth.

“Hey I can say it myself! Why did you--”

“She is Eunmi. Bae Eunmi.” Kai cut D.o off before they could start an argument.

“Come and eat with us!” Chanyeol cheered.

“Uhm no thanks!” you declined.

Kai then pushed you to sit on a chair while he sit beside you. You gave him a face and he just shrugged.

After getting all of your meals, everyone started enjoying their food while laughing and chatting. You can see that they were really close to each other. Sometimes, they would tease you and Kai, saying that the both of you suit each other. And then there is the jealous Sehun who doesn’t ship you and Kai and instead, he shipped you with him.

“I agree with you guys. But you know, she is actually annoying.” Kai smirked.

You held your spoon up and swing it towards him, pointing at him with a glare. Some of your tomato sauce stained his shirt. You just laughed and the other members joined you.

“That’s what you get, badass.” You continued laughing.

“Wow Eunmi, you’re really one of a kind!” The rest of his friends clapped.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later in class, Kai slid a piece of paper on your table. You opened the note and you read “Since my shirt is dirty because of you, You have to go home with me again” you rolled your eyes before crushing that little note and threw it on his table beside you.

“Are you crazy? No way.”

Again, he wrote something on a new piece of paper since you crushed the previous one.

“I didn’t ask for your opinion or answer.”

You crushed the paper again.

“You’re just beside me so can you stop wasting paper? I can’t because I have to go to my part-time job after school. Go home with your friends.” You said while taking out your books from your bag to get ready for class to start.

“They ditched me. I’m going to your café then”

“Whatever, don’t regret it later.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, school ended. As promised, Kai followed you to your café where your part-time job is. While working, Kai sat in the corner of your café while staring at you. Even though he was in the corner, many customers saw him. They would stare at you as the saw Kai looking at you every time. Some of them even came up to you and asked what your relationship was with Kai.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After your part-time job ended around 8pm, you locked the doors and went towards Kai.

“Told you it was boring.” You looked at Kai.

“No, it was worth my time looking at your beautiful face for 4 hours” he smiled.

“Whatever” you walked off.

“Wait, I have to buy something at the convenient store. Wait for me here.” Kai ran off to a nearby convenient store.

“How can he even leave me alone at night like this! Tch.” You sat down on the bench near the store.

Just then, a group of drunken guys walked towards you. You can smell alcohol as they laughed and talked so loud. You kept silent and looked away from them so that you they won’t disturb you.

“Ugh Kai, where are you!!” you whispered to yourself.

Just as you were closing your eyes, you felt someone twirling your hair. You still kept silent, hoping that they would go away. Like your wishes never came true, one of them pulled you up.

“Hey y”

“Come and play with us. We’ll promise you that you’ll have fun hmm?” one of them whispered to you.

“She’s mine for today!” another guy hugged you from behind.

You held your breath when another cupped your cheeks.

A/N: Hi another short update! Dont forget to leave a comment~