Bubble Tea and Cookies

What Exactly Is Love?

Kai’s POV

Eunmi went out of the class too fast that I could not stop her. I wanted to spend the rest of the day with her but I guess not today then. Since she’s not here, should I go to the dance studio? Since she said that the studio is always empty.

I walked to the studio with some help from the students. Well, it’s only my first day in this school. They were mostly kind enough to help me except that some girls were fangirling and squealing. It was a nice feeling but at the same time, I think that I will be deaf real soon. Oh how I wish that Eunmi would be one of the girls fangirling and falling for me.

I reached the studio but then I heard music. A very soft and relaxing music. Is there someone inside? I hesitated if I should open the door as I know how it feels to be disturbed while you’re dancing. There’s something in my heart saying that I should open it and so I did.

I was shocked, my heart was beating so hard like it’s going to explode anytime soon. There were butterflies in my stomach. I have no idea how to explain this feeling, but it‘s just like im in heaven, watching an angel dancing so elegantly. Her facial expression fits the dance. I didn’t know she could dance! My mouth was left ajar and I didn’t realise I was staring at her for a long time until she fell on the floor with a thud. I panicked and quickly ran in front of her while examining her face.

“Are...are you okay?”

No reply. But I heard faint sobs and then a tear slipped from the corner of her eyes. She’s crying. I’m sure.

“Appa, I made it. I can still dance.”

That moment when I heard her words, I pulled her closer for a hug. I was also shocked at my own actions. I was afraid that she will feel uncomfortable but before I could let go, she wrapped her tiny arms around my waist. Again, butterflies.

Your POV

“shhhhh don’t cry. You’ll look ugly.” I heard the person said. Is it Kai? It sounds like him.

“Kai?” I asked without letting go. I was still crying, the tears kept flowing, I could not control them.

“You only knew that I was here now? Hey what if it was some other guy student who hugged you and not me? You’re not even close to them” Kai released me and took a look at my face.

“Are we close? And why are you here?”

No one’s POV

"We used to be close" Kai told himself

Kai stared a little longer at your face before hugging you again.

“Its okay if you want to cry. My shirt’s all dry. You can cry all you want.”

After hearing Kai’s gentle words, you continued crying but not too loud. Your heart hurts whenever you think about your dad. Everything isn’t fair. It’s not fair that you grew up without a dad after 12 while your other friends had such a perfect family.

A few minutes passed and you finally calmed down a little.

“Im sorry, your shirts all wet now” you touched his shirt while smiling a little.

“For this wet shirt, you’ll have to go home with me.” you rolled your eyes at him. He changed so fast from being all so caring to annoying again.

While walking, both of you talked about random things. Actually, mostly him that talks a lot. He has a mouth that could not shut for even a minute. Not forgetting him annoying you every single time.

“I guess my plan to escape from you so that you won’t annoy me had failed.” You exhaled.

“Excuse me, I’m a guy full of charms. You wouldn’t be able to resist me! And you should thank me for stopping by the dance studio. If not, whose shirt will you cry on? Himchan?”

“YAH!!” you hit his arm. You really don’t like it when people mention Himchan’s name. It gives you shivers. Not that you’re afraid of him, well maybe a little but he always brings your mood down.

Kai pulled your hand and lead you to somewhere. It was a playground.

“Aren’t we supposed to go home?” you asked.

“See that bench? Sit there and don’t you dare go anywhere. I’ll be right back” he said while patting your head.

“Tch, I’m not a baby for you to pat my head like that.”

You sat down on the bench he pointed at earlier and watched as kids ran around the playground chasing one another. The scene was really beautiful and it helps you to relax better. You smiled watching little kids spend their time at the playground. About 5 minutes later, Kai came back with 2 bubbletea and a packet of cookies in his hands.

“Oreo ice blended for you. Plus this cookies too” he handed you your food and drink.

“h….h...how do you know I like oreo ice blend and cookies?” you asked shocked.

“Uhh, I just bought it randomly..” he scratched the back of his head.

Suddenly you felt your head spinning and it hurts badly. It felt like there was millions of needles poking your head.

“ouch!”

“Heyy hey are you ok? What happen??”

“y..yess Im fine” you tried to smile a little to him so that he wont worry.

“Do you want to go home? Let me take you home”

Kai walked you home and the pain disappeared a little that at least, you can walk properly now.

You both already reached the front of your house.

“Go in”

Before you enter the house, you looked back and saw Kai still standing in front of the gates.

“Thanks annoying” you shouted.

Kai received a phone call right after he completed his homework and was about to doze off.

“Hyung, It’s really the Bae Eunmi you told me right? what are you going to do with her? Since you’re already close to her” Kai then remembered when you asked him if you both were close.

“Not that close Sehun. And please, I don’t want to talk about this…now.”

“But hyung”

“Goodnight Sehun.”

The next morning, you went to school as per normal but extra extra earlier than usual to escape from Lee Himchan. You went in the classroom and it was empty. Probably the students just woke up at this timing. You recalled again what had happened yesterday and you buried your face in your hands.

“Ah Eunmi why did you cry? You’re stupid stupid stupid stupid!”

“Yes you are” You were shocked to see Kai that annoying guy AGAIN in front of you.

“YAH why are you so early!!”

“Hello, I’m a good boy”

He grabbed your hand and took you to the garden behind the school.

“Seems like someone is already familiar with this school?” Kai just smirked at your words.

The both of you went around the garden looking at beautiful flowers. Kai was so slow so you walked ahead of him taking in fresh air and admiring those beautiful flowers.

You saw a very beautiful purple flower. It attracted you and you just wanted to pluck it but unfortunately, it’s too way up high for your height. You tried to tip toe but you’re still short. You looked behind you, Kai was standing and was laughing at you. You rolled your eyes at him and walked away. He then caught up with you.

“You’re short hahahaha”

“At least it’s cute okay.”

“Cute? HAHAHAHAHA” Kai burst out laughing and you were totally annoyed.

“Yah! why are you-“

He showed you the purple flower you wanted to take just now in front of your face. Because you don’t want to show him that you’re not annoyed with him anymore, you folded your arms and looked to the right, away from that flower. Kai took your hand and placed that flower in your hands.

“I don’t get why you want this flower so much. It will die soon anyway.”

“It’s okay, it’s beautiful right now. You know what they say? Treasure the present.”

A/N: wheeeee so Kai is hidding something? hehehe don't worry it wont be leaked too soon heh :P And yeah i stopped making dialogues bold