Unexpected Meeting

What Exactly Is Love?

It was Sunday and Kai just finished a dancing session with his dance partner, Sehun. It was both of their favourite thing to do. Pouring out their feelings through dancing to a music. And it was their everytime routine on a Sunday afternoon. They thought that at least it is a beneficial thing to do instead of just sleeping at home and do nothing. Just that today, Baekhyun decided to tag along.

As usual, Kai was being dragged by Sehun to a nearest café. Kai was feeling lethargic as they ended late today. Still, he could not help but to give in when Sehun did aegyo to him. As they went into the café, they saw a different barista. Usually it was the friendly Kim Taehyung that always recognised their orders.

“I guess we have to say out our orders this time” Sehun said.

As they came nearer, they saw you talking on the phone with your bestfriend.

 “I’m still at work, I know you don’t like to wait outside so I’ll meet you at the school canteen instead. Got to go now, see you”

“Uhm, yes? What would you like to order?” you cleared your throat as you saw them staring at you. It was a very awkward moment before they gave you their orders.

“Anyway, I heard that you’re still schooling. Where do you study at?” Kai asked you, trying to sound like he is not a stalker.

“Seoul National University. Anyways, what is your name?” you asked him as you were about to write it on the cup.

“How can you not know my name when I know yours?"

“Sorry..?”

“I am just kidding, Bae Eunmi. My name’s Kai” he laughed

Right now, you really thought that Kai was a stalker. You don’t remember seeing him anywhere in your whole entire life. Though, something says that you have seen him before. That’s really weird. He is really weird. You felt kind of scared and you can’t even look at him in the eye. Soon, his orders were ready and you handed him his drinks.

“By the way, I am not a stalker. It’s your nametag. See you tomorrow.” He gave you a wink.

And that hit you really hard, “Oh yes Eunmi, you have your nametag there of couse he knows your name! Ok I have not seen him before this at all. I am just having some stupid thoughts. And what? See me tomorrow? In school? Is his school the same as mine? Or did he meant café? I don’t have work on Mondays anyways so scratch that. He is just another weird and crazy stranger.”

After you finished your part time job, you went straight to school to meet your bestfriend. It was just a walking distance from your work place. The reason why you took a part-time job because you didn’t want to depend everything on your mum. You felt like a burden to her.

“Hey guess what! I saw a hot guy outside of your café and that was the reason why I called you because I felt really nervous. You know that feeling..”

“Hot guy? Hmm, I have never felt that kind of feeling before. And I think I will never feel it. Sorry that you have a friend like me. Anyways, there was a really weird guy that came into the café just now…..”

You had some talks with your bestfriend before you went straight home. You sighed deeply when you laid back on your bed. Your house is empty. It was just a normal house with 3 bedrooms. Nothing much. Your mum always has extra work in the hospital and that led to 2 weeks not seeing her at all. She was always home when you’re asleep. And whenever you’re awake every morning, she’s sleeping peacefully in her room that you thought it was better not to wake her up. She must have been really tired. You walked out of your room to the living room but stopped when you saw an old family photo hanging on the wall. Including your father. Your heart felt really heavy as you stared at the frame deeply. You almost forgot that there was a picture hanging on the wall. You came closer to that picture and in an instant, a tear fell from the corner of your eye. Sure, it hurts a lot. You missed the presence of your dad. The presence of both parents on a dining table having dinner together, going on impromptu trips, night walk by the Han River. You missed it all. The supply of love given by both of your parents. The attention. Just every single thing.

“Oh what is love anyway?” you laughed at yourself, realising that you weren’t given sufficient love from your dad, and even your mum.

(A/N: Hehe sorry just a small update here! It's kind of boring right? Don't worry, its just the introduction. not even the beginnig yet! Oh and i might update another chapter later. Hmmm my exams are over though :P)