Nine

We Have Chemistry?

Minyu woke up especially early today, feeling excited to put her next plan to the test. She walked into the classroom only to be greeted by her target. Seulyeon sat at her desk, looking out the window. She looked up at her classmate then turned back, causing Minyu to become annoyed. She walked up to Seulyeon and slammed her hand on her desk, surprising the girl.

“Can I help you, Minyu? I’m really not in the mood for anything today.” She said.

Minyu gawked at the girl but smiled. “Actually, yes you can help me. I want to talk to you about something.”

Yumi rushed to school upon hearing everything that happened while talking to her best friend. What Minyu did not know was that Seulyeon had in her earphones that was tucked inside her school blazer to avoid being noticed and was talking to Yumi prior to Minyu walking into the classroom. She rushed up the stairs and towards the classroom only to find Seulyeon at her desk with a chunk of her hair being cut off and on the floor.

“That crazy b*tch.” Yumi muttered, cleaning up the mess. “I’m going to push her off the stairs the next time I see her.”

Seulyeon smiled, thankful to have Yumi by her side. “It’s okay. I got this. Could you help me cut my hair though? We still have some time before class starts.”

Yumi sighed but smiled. “Yeah.”

 

Jimin was shocked to see Seulyeon had sported a shorter haircut when he walked into class. Her hair was just above her shoulders compared to when it ended at her waist. Not surprising to him, though, she actually looked even cuter. Turning away from the girl, he paid attention to the lesson for the day and felt determined to keep watch of the girl with the help of Taehyung. Because of him, Jimin found out that Minyu actually cut off a chunk of her hair earlier in the morning and was angry. He went to find her and confront her.

“What were you thinking, Minyu?” Jimin asked suddenly upon finding her.

Minyu looked up at him and smiled. “Hi, Jimin! I was thinking how handsome you look today.”

Jimin frowned. “Cut the crap, woman.” He wasn’t putting up with her sweet act and wanted all of it to end. He leaned towards her, being eye-level with her. “You need to stop messing around with Seulyeon for your own good. I’ve just about had it.”

Minyu frowned. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I feel upset that you would talk to me in this manner, Park Jimin.”

He was surely irritated but he only smiled. “I’m tired, Minyu. I don’t like to keep seeing her sad and hurt, now I’m asking you nicely. Please stop the shenanigans and get yourself together.” Jimin walked away from the girl as she screamed.

“But I don’t understand! You’re not even together! She doesn’t deserve you! She’s nothing but a nobody! Don’t you remember how she tried to sleep with you?!” She shouted.

Jimin stopped and turned his head. “You’re wrong. I don’t deserve her. She’s someone who has captured my heart and you have no right to slander her name when you don’t know a single thing about her.”

Minyu fell to her knees and cried angrily as he walked away. “I hate that girl so much. I want her to disappear.” She whispered to herself.

 

Jimin walked over to Seulyeon’s desk and gave her a small smile. “Hey, can I talk to you in private?”

Seulyeon looked up at him in surprise then looked at Yumi who ushered her to go. “Yeah…”

They both walked to the rooftop and sat in a shaded area. Jimin turned to Seulyeon and apologized. “You hate me, that much I know very well. But I want to apologize for everything. It was my fault that you were put into a situation you didn’t want. But I didn’t stand up for you, though I knew you did nothing wrong. I was scared but I didn’t know why. Every day, I hear the disappointment in Taehyung’s voice when we talk. He scolds me for not doing anything and I don’t blame him.”

Seulyeon listened without interrupting as he continued.

“I felt guilty and hurt. But not as much as the hurt you felt when you realized I wasn’t able to come to your aide. But listen, I realized how stupid and how much of a coward I was running away from the problem and I want to be there for you starting now. I don’t want to see you shed another tear or see the pain in your eyes. So I ask you one question,” He grabbed both of Seulyeon’s hands and looked her in the eyes. “Will you forgive me for everything?”