One

We Have Chemistry?

After that brief encounter with Park Jimin at the bus stop yesterday, Seulyeon has been catching herself looking at the outgoing male even more than she ever had. A smile appeared on her face as the said male walked through the doors of her chemistry class. She turned to her friend who started talking about the assignment before telling her a science related pick up line, causing Seulyeon to laugh.

“Are you made of Nickel, Cerium, Arsenic and Sulfur? Because you’ve got a NiCe !” Her friend told her.

Seulyeon lightly snorted and smacked her friend’s arm before answering with another pick up line, “Hey, Yumi, are you made of Flourine, Iodine, and Neon? Because you are F-I-Ne~!”

The two girls laughed amongst themselves as Jimin discreetly watched from the front where his seat was. He chuckled lightly and took out his notebook, getting ready for class. Many female students who walked past the classroom poked their heads into the room and flirtatiously greeted the popular male student. He smiled back at them and they squealed as they walked to their class.

Seulyeon noticed the girls who greeted him and chuckled. Fangirls are something else, aren’t they? She turned to Yumi and they continued throwing pick up lines back and forth, causing each other to eventually burst out laughing.

Just then, their teacher walked in and cleared his throat, catching everyone’s attention. “I’m glad you two girls are excited to be in class today.” He chuckled at Seulyeon and Yumi. They smiled embarrassedly and turned their attention to him. “Okay, now that we’re in the second half of the school year, I’m assigning you all another project. However, this will not be an individual project. You will need to be able to work on this with a partner.” Seulyeon and her friend turned to each other excitedly before their teacher cleared his throat again. “BUT! I will be assigning partners to everyone, so don’t get your hopes up.”

Seulyeon and Yumi frowned upon hearing this and were quite disappointed. Jimin chuckled to himself when he saw Seulyeon’s expression. “Poor Seulyeon.” He thought.

Their teacher then began assigning partners. “Kwon Yumi and Han Jaehoon.” Seulyeon gasped and looked at Yumi, who looked just as shocked. The former soon gave her friend a sly grin and began teasing her. Yumi blushed and smacked Seulyeon’s arm.

“Park Jimin-” Seulyeon’s ears perked as she listen to who his partner would be, “-Ahn Minyu.” Seulyeon was disappointed but she didn’t really mind. Minyu shrieked but was stopped short when the teacher began speaking again. “Excuse me, I read it wrong. Park Jimin and Min Seulyeon.”

“What?!” Minyu screamed.

Seulyeon couldn’t believe it either. She looked at Jimin who smiled and waved at her. Her face became warm as Yumi elbowed her, wiggling her eyebrows. Seulyeon waved back to Jimin and he turned around, satisfied.

“Girl, he totally likes you.” Yumi whispered.

Seulyeon looked at her horrified. “How could you even tell? All he did was wave at me. Besides, that guy is one of the most popular dudes in this school. Him? Liking a girl like me?” She shook her head and made an ‘X’ with her arms followed by a laugh. “But I guess I’m happy with being his partner, if it’s only for this project.”

Yumi chuckled at her friend’s attitude which she admired. “Alright, then, if you say so.”

 

After class, everyone and their partner met up and began planning everything out. Seulyeon was left alone as Yumi skipped over to Jaehoon to discuss their project idea. She was approached by Jimin who had a friendly smile on his face. She slightly bowed her head and mutter a ‘hello.’

“So, any idea on what we’re going to do for this project?” Jimin asked as he and Seulyeon walked towards the cafeteria.

She shrugged. “Maybe we could get some ideas online.”

Jimin snapped his fingers and grinned. “Good idea! We could head over to the library after school if that’s okay with you.” Jimin looked at her and noticed how she bit her bottom as she thought.

“Yeah, that works.” She gave him a small smile. “I’ll see you after school then.” When they walked through the doors of the cafeteria, she turned to walk in the opposite direction from where he was walking but was stopped when Jimin called out to her.

“Hey, you wanna come eat with me?” He asked her above the shouts and screams of the other female student body.

Seulyeon was nervous and scared of the other girls if she were to accept his offer. The Korean dramas made her paranoid that if she were to befriend him and his friends, bad, bad things will happen. “Ah, no it’s- ah!”

Jimin took a hold of her arm and dragged her to the table where he and his friends sat. Seulyeon didn’t bother trying to escape, knowing that the boy was much stronger than she. Just look at those biceps! “Don’t worry. They really can’t do anything to you if I’m around, so just stay close, okay?” He told her.

She looked up at him in surprise. Is he kidding her? He’s not always going to be by her side 24/7, so why? Besides, they were only Chemistry partners. No big deal, right?

“Jimin-ssi, are you sure?” Seulyeon was also uneasy.

Jimin flashed another smile at her. “Just call me Jimin. And yeah! Besides, if we’re going to be partners, shouldn’t we at least be friendly with each other?” They reached the table where his group of friends sat eating their lunch. “Hey, guys! You don’t mind if Seulyeon sit with us, right?”

Six other guys sat at the table. They all looked up in confusion upon seeing the girl but nodded anyways. “I guess so?” One of them said.

Jimin grinned and dragged Seulyeon to sit next to him. “Oh! Seulyeon, these guys are my friends, Namjoon hyung, Yoongi hyung, Seokjin hyung, Hoseok hyung, Taehyung, and Jungkook. And everyone, this is Seulyeon. She’s my partner for our chemistry project.”

Seulyeon greeted them quietly. Surprisingly, the female student body didn’t really seem all that bad at the moment. They still walked by with their sweet and flirty smiles, greeting the boys and not particularly ignoring Seulyeon or giving her snide remarks. She let out a sigh of relief and pulled out her packed lunch, getting ready to eat it.

“I’m sorry that you have to be his partner, Seulyeon-ssi.” Yoongi told her apologetically, whilst patting her back. “It must be hard.”

The others, minus Jimin, laughed. He crossed his arms, “Excuse you guys, I happen to be one of the most popular guys in this group.” Someone muttered that that they were all popular but Jimin ignored him. “And I am a great Chemistry partner, for your information.”

Seulyeon laughed lightly. “Well, I don’t know about that.”

Yoongi laughed the loudest as he high-fived her. Jimin pouted at her, “Why are you taking their side?” He whined.

Seulyeon smiled. The rest of lunch was quite interesting for her, sitting with the boys. Most of the time, she sat quietly watching them and laughing. The only time she spoke was when Jimin urged her to but other than that, not much came out of . Jimin thought that although she didn’t speak much, his friends probably likes her, which he was happy about. Along with the thought of being her partner for the project. They could come over to each other’s houses, spend long hours working together-

Taehyung snapped his fingers in front of his friend’s face and stared at him. “Yo, Jimin, you okay?”

Jimin snapped out of his thoughts as he looked at his same aged friend. “What?” The two of them were walking towards the main gate now that school was already over. “Did you say something?”

Taehyung shook his head. “No but you had this funny face on so I thought something was going on in that head of yours.” He poked Jimin’s head as he said so.

Jimin laughed. “Just thinking about stuff.”

Taehyung’s lips curved upwards as he narrowed his eyes. “Is it a girl~? Someone we know?”

“Maybe~”