Ten

We Have Chemistry?

Seulyeon wandered the halls of school to deliver papers, still thinking of the day before when Jimin had asked for forgiveness. She did forgive him but she wasn’t sure how she felt. Could she really believe him after that? Seulyeon decided to stay on guard just in case. Yumi was still by her side and she could always rely on her best friend for anything.

Turning a corner, she had bumped into Jimin himself. He was surprised to see her but smiled nonetheless. “Hey, Seulyeon.”

“Jimin, hello.” The girl felt awkward and scared. The reason she had stayed away from the boy in the first place was to save him from the rumors that weren’t true. But now she wasn’t sure what Minyu were to do had she seen the two together.

“Stop worrying. I told you I was going to stick up for you, didn’t I?” He gave her his infamous smile but this one was different than the ones he showed to everyone else. It was more sincere and it put Seulyeon at ease.

She nodded and gave him a small smile back. “Thank you, Jimin.”

 

The next couple of days, Seulyeon was surprised to see that everything went smoothly. The worst thing that has happened to her is when she finds letters in her lockers, threatening her but she didn’t let it get to her. Yumi rolled her eyes when reading them and ripped them up.

Jimin, with the help of Taehyung, Yumi, and Jaehoon, made sure they stopped all of Minyu’s tricks and plans, causing the girl to grow more angry. She stomped over to Seulyeon after class was let out for the day. All of the students left already as Seulyeon stayed back to make sure all of her belongings were present. The only thing missing was her phone, but she was sure she had it.

“Looking for this?” Minyu walked towards her, holding up the handheld device. She smirked and held it in the air just as Seulyeon reached for it. Minyu was thankful she was a bit taller than the girl.

“Ahn Minyu, give it back.” Seulyeon was over trying to deal with the girl who’s been a pain in her for two weeks straight.

Minyu placed her hands behind her back and leaned forward. “Let’s make a deal.”

 

Yumi knew something was going to happen if she left Seulyeon by herself. She hid outside of the classroom, sending out a group text and waited. Inside, Minyu and Seulyeon were talking just as the 3 male protectors appeared quietly. They hid out of sight from the two girls inside, listening carefully.

“Let’s make a deal,” they heard Minyu say. “I can give this back to you if...you can stop hanging around Jimin, yeah? That sounds like a good idea, doesn’t it?”

Seulyeon stared at the girl before replying. “Look,” she began to get annoyed, “You must be out of your mind if you think my cellphone is of the same value I have with my relationship with Jimin. You can do whatever you want with that piece of junk.” She began to walk away when Minyu had yanked her back before slapping her across the face.

Outside of the classroom, Jimin grew angry and he nearly jumped into the room but Yumi held him back. “Just keep watching. Stay calm.”

“Do you think this is a joke?!” Minyu screamed. Seulyeon held her hand up to her cheek where she was slapped and glared at the girl. “I’ve loved Jimin for the longest time and spent so much time making sure no other woman comes close to him. Yet, you come out of nowhere and took him away from me?!” She shoved Seulyeon against the wall angrily.

But Seulyeon decided that was the last straw. She pushed Minyu back before slapping her hard across the face. “And how is that my fault? You spent your entire high school life driving other girls away, and when it comes to me, you spread rumors and find ways to ruin my belongings and myself that you’re the biggest joke of the school. Everyone laughs at me but you know what they say about you? You’re uptight, snobby, bossy, you think you’re above everyone else, and you have nothing but other female students following you around like ducklings and kissing your feet. You’re nothing but a topic to talk and laugh about because all of your efforts are truly going to waste. You believe that ruining my life will give you a chance to be with Jimin but it’s not. He’s not the type of person to fall for those who hurt his friends. But you wouldn’t know that, since the only thing you care about is his looks and his popularity.”

Everyone stayed quiet as Minyu fought back her tears as she held her cheek. But Seulyeon wasn’t done. She continued to speak. “The only thing you know about Jimin is what everyone else knows but you never once spent time to get to know the real him and become his friend. I’m sorry, Minyu, that I supposedly stole him away but the truth of matter here is that he and I are not together. We’re only friends and although I do hold feelings for him, the only important thing is that I don’t lose my relationship with him. You’re free to talk to him as much as you want. Spend time to get to know him rather than drive everyone away. I do hate you for ruining two weeks of my life but you’re better than this. I don’t expect an apology but I do hope you think over your actions. Now, I’m done here. I’ve been through a lot, no thanks to you. I’m going home, bye Minyu.” She grabbed her phone back without sparing another glance to the girl.

Yumi, Jimin, Taehyung and Jaehoon scrambled away from the classroom as Seulyeon stepped out, leaving Minyu behind to drown in her thoughts. She sat down and silently cried to herself. “Min Seulyeon, I hate you so much...”