Six

We Have Chemistry?

Students whispered throughout the school hallways, glancing at Seulyeon whenever she would pass by them. Yumi furrowed her brows, walking alongside her friend. Everyone spoke in hushed voices and it was concerning for the two. Seulyeon looked at Yumi who looked back with a shrug. They noticed a crowd by their lockers and when the two girls tried to make their way through, a loud gasp escaped Seulyeon’s lips. Hell no, there was no way this is happening. Photos of her leaving Jimin’s home early in the morning looking disheveled were pasted on her locker door, with the words, ‘Seulyeon is a dirty wh*re’ spray painted on there.

Yumi’s mouth hung open as she could not believe the sight she was seeing. It was as if they were in a bad high school movie. She turned around and shouted to the crowd as Seulyeon ripped off the photos and tried to clean her locker. No tears came out despite how hurt and upset she was. She knew something like this was going to happen but she knew she didn’t do anything wrong. Now the question is, who could have done something like this?

The girls knew it had to be a fan of Jimin’s. Those girls are always crazy, but who? The bell rang and Seulyeon and Yumi grabbed what they needed and headed to class, not speaking a word. Their whole class was whispering loudly but when the girls walked in, it became eerily silent, the only sound being heard were the chairs moving as the two sat down. No one spoke a word until Jimin walked into the classroom with a frown all over his face. He didn’t greet Seulyeon like he normally would either, which unnerved the girl to the core. Class went by agonizingly slow, and soon, school came to an end. Students hurriedly left the campus, being unable to keep to themselves the rumor that has come to light.

Jimin walked out with Taehyung who frowned at him. “So what now? You didn’t talk to her all day and now she’ll probably think you hate her even though it’s your fault she stayed the night.”

Jimin sighed. “I know but I felt so bad, I wasn’t even able to look at her at all.”

Taehyung shook his head. “Yeah, but think about it. She’s going to go home and cry herself to bed thinking she did something wrong when she knows she didn’t all because you didn’t reassure her with anything. I’m just saying.”

Seulyeon walked into her home and trudged towards her room, sighing as she flopped onto her bed. “I knew something like this was going to happen…” She laid in her bed for what felt like an eternity. “I have to stand strong.” She jumped out of bed, grabbing her phone and sweater before heading out.

 

Jimin’s phone light up, followed by a ding. He took a quick glance and his heart began to pound. Taehyung sat beside him as they both played video games. Jimin ignored the text and continued to play with his friend. His phone began to ring a few more times before a knock was heard. Taehyung groaned and got up to check who it was before Jimin could stop him from leaving.

Seulyeon stood face to face with Taehyung who was surprised to see her there. She softly smiled at the boy pulled her in for a quick hug. He, too, felt bad for not saying anything to the girl at school. “I’m sorry about what happened, Seulyeon.” He pulled away and looked at the girl who had fought hard to keep her tears back.

She shook her head. “I’m okay. Is Jimin home?” She peeked over Taehyung’s shoulder and caught Jimin hiding behind a wall. “I guess he doesn’t want to talk to me. He ignored all of my texts. Just tell him that tomorrow we have to present our project together so he should be ready.” The girl began to walk away but stopped and turned back to Taehyung. “Oh, also, I’m sorry, too. For anything that I’ve done that was wrong. I’ll see you at school, Taehyung.”

When Seulyeon walked away, Taehyung stood by the door almost speechless. The look that he saw on the girl’s face was so sad but she didn’t let out a single tear. He took a deep breath and shook his head, stepping back into the house, but not before catching a glimpse of something shiny in the bushes across the street.

Jimin stepped from behind the wall, a gloomy expression on his face. “She must hate me for not saying anything to defend her.”

His best friend rolled his eyes and shook his head. “She thinks she did something wrong but don’t know it.” After hearing a silent reply from Jimin, he sighed and grabbed his belongings. “You have to present with her tomorrow. Just be ready for that. I’ll see you.”

 


I might have rushed through this chapter just a little bit and it's not as cute or fluffy as the other chapters...Whoops