Four

We Have Chemistry?

Seulyeon picked up the phone, calling Jimin. She wondered why he hasn't shown up at her house for the project yet since it has been 45 minutes since their planned time. Usually, if Jimin was late, he would shoot her a text saying so but today he didn't. She decided to go to his house instead. Maybe something happened? But the thought of going to his house made her nervous and embarrassed. She's never been to his house before. Did she even know where it was? If her memory served her correctly, Jimin did give her a piece of paper with his address written on it. Seulyeon bit her lip and went to find it in her notebooks before grinning triumphantly and setting out towards his home. Hopefully everything was alright.

 

Jimin really did not feel well today. He laid on the couch having a cough attack while blowing his stuffy nose. The 24/7 cutie was definitely not cute right now but at that moment, he really didn't care. It wasn't like someone was going to see him. He sneezed and sniffled, groaning in annoyance. Once again, his phone had lit up, followed by his ringtone. Jimin was definitely too tired with a headache to even reach for it. The ringing stopped and not long after, a knock was heard.

He groaned, really not wanting to get up. So he laid still, hoping the person would leave. They knocked again and this time, a voice was heard. "Jimin? Are you home?"

Once he recognized who it was, he shouted with a cough. "Hold on, I'm coming!" The voice made his day seem slightly better as he forced himself to get off the couch to answer the door. He stumbled forward and swung the door open, completely forgetting about his appearance.

Seulyeon gasped and ushered him inside. "Jimin, are you okay?!"

He gave her a tired grin. "Now I am."

She frowned and made him sit on the couch. "Are you sick? Your voice sounds nasally." Seulyeon was worried, maybe that's why he didn't pick up his phone. She touched his forehead with her palm. “Well, you have a slight fever...How could all of this happen in one night?"

Jimin closed his eyes and hummed softly, not wanting Seulyeon's hand to remove itself from his head. But it happened anyways. “I’ll be fine.” He told her as he opened his eyes.

She bit her lip and shook her head. “You’re sick, Jimin. I’m not going to let you be in bed all day. You need to eat something.” She tried to remember what her mother told her about treating a cold. She mumbled to herself and began walking around the house, rummaging through the kitchen and Jimin found it adorable. “I’m going to make you soup.” She said, pulling out a small pot from the cabinet and ingredients from the fridge.

“Soup? What kind?” He slowly stood up and shuffled over to where Seulyeon was. She was chopping up carrots and potatoes and other vegetables as the pot of water was sitting on the stove to boil.

“It’s just a soup that my mom would always make when I have a cold. It helps me so maybe it’ll help you.” She replied, focusing on not cutting her fingers.

Jimin watched her. He may be sick but he’s still worried about her cutting herself. “Be careful.” He said.

Seulyeon stiffened slightly, not realizing how close he was to her. She turned her head and they both froze, staring at each other. Her face heated up to the point where she might have a fever as well. “Sh-shouldn’t you sit down?” Jimin stared at her before she backed up and led him to where the dining table was. “You need to sit and just let me finish doing my thing.”

Jimin internally pouted and nodded, resting his head on the table. His headache wasn’t too bad, in fact it was now tolerable since Seulyeon had shown up. He watched her finish cutting up the vegetables and made him something to drink.

Seulyeon brought the cup over to him and he took it happily. “Be careful, it’s hot. There’s lemon juice and honey in there to help your sore throat.”

He smiled. “You know, your future boyfriend will be extremely lucky to have you.” He chuckled and took a sip.

She turned around and blushed as she made her way back to the boiling pot of water, throwing in all of the ingredients in the order her mom taught her. Once the soup was done cooking, Seulyeon grabbed the bowl she had prepared earlier and carefully poured the soup into it. She blew on it a little bit while looking for the spoon. As soon as she found it, she walked over to Jimin and set it down in front of him before taking her seat across from him. “Try it.”

He slowly lifted his head and thanked her with a smile, grabbing a spoonful of soup and plopping it into his mouth, forgetting about how hot it was. He screamed and dropped the spoon in the bowl, causing the soup to splatter onto his hand.

Seulyeon jumped up with a gasp and nearly laughed. “Are you okay?! You should know that it’s hot.” She went to grab a paper towel and handed it to him.

He wiped his hand and grinned at her. “You should feed me.”

The girl’s face turned pink at the thought. “W-what the heck are you saying, Park Jimin. Did the fever get to your head?”

“I’m just kidding, gosh.”

Seulyeon pouted. Seriously, why did he even joke like that? Jimin on the other hand laughed to himself. He thought she was really cute when she blushes. It was something he noticed. While Seulyeon was caught up in her thoughts, Jimin had finished the entire bowl, slowly regaining his energy.

“You’re a really good cook, Seulyeonnie.”

She looked at him and smiled. “Thank you. How are you feeling now?”

Jimin began stretching. “I definitely feel much better, thanks to you. You’re seriously the best.” He laughed.

Seulyeon smiled brightly and thanked him. “You should rest up now. I’ll help you to your room.” She had no idea why she said that. Not only has she never been in a guy’s room, except her cousins’, but she’ll step foot inside Park Jimin’s room. This was mildly terrifying for her. What if someone finds out? All of those fangirls would surely kill her for this. Jimin shuffled towards his room with Seulyeon following behind him to make sure he wouldn’t fall from dizziness. Once Jimin sat down on his bed, Seulyeon stepped back towards the door. “I should get going now. I hope you feel better.” She gave him a little wave and smile.

Before she completely walked out, Jimin stopped her. “Wait! Could you please stay for a little bit?” Seulyeon’s heart beat a little quicker than normal. Why would he want her to stay for? She turned to look at him in confusion. “At least until I fall asleep, please?” He begged.

Seulyeon couldn’t resist the look he was giving her. Why was Park Jimin, one of the most popular guys in school, begging her to stay with him? She sighed and gave in to his request. “Fine.” She took a seat at his desk as he got comfortable in bed. “Would you like me to tell you a bedtime story?” Seulyeon joked and giggled.

Jimin grinned to himself then looked at her. “Yes please?”

The girl stuck her tongue out and shook her head. “Too bad.”

It was silent between them for quite some time. Jimin still hasn’t fallen asleep and Seulyeon was staring blankly at his desk. It was an uncomfortable silence yet none of them bothered to utter a word. Time slowly passed by and Jimin couldn’t take it anymore. He sat up with a grunt and looked at Seulyeon. To his surprise, she had fallen asleep on his desk. Jimin looked at his clock and groaned. It was already late at night for her to go home alone and he didn’t think that it would take so long to fall asleep.

He looked at her and bit his lip in concern. She looked so adorable with her head lying on the desk, he was hesitant on moving her to the bed. In the end, he gently picked her up without waking her and laid her on his bed, pulling the blanket up to cover the sleeping female. After contemplating for a bit, he grabbed another blanket and walked to the living room to lay on the couch. As sick as he may be, he’d rather give the bed up for Seulyeon than to have her laying on the desk. After drowning in his thoughts, he had finally fallen asleep.