Five

We Have Chemistry?

The sun shone brightly on Seulyeon’s face as she slowly woke up. She found that her bed had a different scent to it. Once her eyes fully opened, she sat up with a gasp, looking all around her. This was definitely not her room.

“No way.” She muttered before scrambling off the bed. She didn’t remember going home at all last night which only means one thing - She fell asleep at a guy’s house. At Jimin’s house. She did a quick check in the mirror before running out of the room. In the living room, she found Jimin half asleep watching tv, occasionally sniffling here and there. “Jimin.” She said slightly out of breath.

Jimin’s eyes shot open and he looked at her. A smile appeared on his lips followed by a sneeze. “Don’t worry, Seulyeonnie, I swear on the bible I didn’t touch you.”

She could tell he was telling the truth, but at that moment, that wasn’t what concerned her. “Why didn’t you wake me up?” She was very lucky that her parents are out of town for their anniversary or else they would have made a big commotion about their daughter not coming home for the night.

Jimin looked apologetic, “It was already late when I realized it and I couldn’t let you go home alone.”

Seulyeon sighed, forgiving the boy. But now there was a bigger problem on her hands. If people were to see a young girl walk out of a boy’s home early in the morning, who knows what they would think or say? She began to fidget in her spot as Jimin looked at her with concern.

“You okay, Seulyeon?” Jimin asked.

The girl nodded. “Yeah,” She managed to squeak out. “I’m fine.”

Jimin looked at her then motioned for her to sit down. “Look, I know what you’re thinking. I’ve been thinking about it since last night but I promise nothing will happen to you.”

Seulyeon stared at him incredulously. What was this guy saying? Does he know the fanclub that was created because of him and his friends? She ran through many scenarios in her head. Jimin can’t protect her. Why would he? They’re only supposed to be chemistry partners.

Just then, the front door opened and in came 6 boys, all of whom are Jimin’s friends. When they saw the female sitting next to Jimin, they gasped.

“Yah! What is she doing here? So early in the morning?!” Seokjin shouted, while the others questioned the two on the couch.

Yoongi shook his head while Namjoon crossed his arms with a disapproving look. Hoseok looked shocked while Jungkook stared wide-eyed. Taehyung raised his brows with a smirk, giving Jimin a knowing look to which the latter rolled his eyes.

Seulyeon explained everything that had happened while slightly panicking on the inside. She wasn’t sure how they would think of her, hoping that they believed her truth. In the end, they all nodded and agreed with Jimin’s actions but was concerned for the safety of the girl.

“It’s okay, Seulyeon! We will protect you!” Taehyung shouted, throwing an arm around her shoulders, earning a glare from his best friend.

Moments later, Seulyeon fetched a taxi to return home so she can properly wash up and get ready for the day. Meanwhile, at Jimin’s house, the boys were teasing Jimin, pretending to be Seulyeon to take care of he sick boy. Jimin shoved them all with disgust and wrapped himself with the blanket. He hoped Seulyeon made it home safely and was guilty for not going with her.

Over an hour had passed by and the seven boys grew concerned. Jimin called Seulyeon’s phone but there was no answer. What they didn’t know was that the girl was at home, standing in front of her mirror and imagining how the fanclub was going to find out about her staying the night at Jimin’s home and how scared she’ll be once they start bullying her.

“I’ve seen the movies and dramas! Those girls are vicious!” She said to herself. After thinking for a while, she put on a brave face. “Stand strong, Seulyeon! Those boys can’t protect you all the time.” She nodded to herself and grabbed her belongings, not knowing there were several missed calls on her phone. As soon as she opened the door, Jimin and his entire group of friends were just walking towards the door. “Oh! I was just about to come by.”

“Seulyeon-ssi! You didn’t answer your phone so we were worried!” Seokjin exclaimed, holding up his phone.

The girl looked at her phone and gasped. “I’m so sorry! My phone was on silent!” Jimin let out a breath of relief, thankful that nothing happened to her. In the end, they all hung out at Seulyeon’s house and helped the two partners finish their project.