Three

We Have Chemistry?

The morning class was as noisy as ever, and as usual, Seulyeon and Yumi were once again cracking jokes at each other. Their classmates around them were talking to their partners about how their projects were coming along which led to Yumi asking Seulyeon how her project was going.

Seulyeon shrugged. “It’s going quite well actually! We’re nearly finished, so I’m hoping that me and Jimin will finish in time.”

Yumi nodded then looked up at the door when she heard it open. “Speak of the devil, here he comes.” She giggled. Jimin walks into the room, greeting everyone good morning before he spotted his partner and gave her a small wave. Of course, that didn’t go unnoticed by the number 1 best friend, Yumi, who slyly grinned. “Oh girl, it’s only been a week since you guys have been partners and he’s all smiley at you. I really think he likes you.”

Seulyeon coughed from shock. “No way. We’re just partners, he’s just being friendly.”

Yumi chuckled and rolled her eyes playfully. Class finally began and once lunch came around, Yumi left her friend to finish her project. Jimin, upon exiting the classroom, noticed Seulyeon was walking alone to the cafeteria. He quickly jogged up to her.

“Seulyeon-ah!” He called out.

She stopped and turned to look at him, giving him a small smile. “Oh, hi Jimin. What’s up?”

The boy looks around her, “Yumi isn’t with you?”

Seulyeon shook her head. “No, she went to the school library with Jaehoon to finish their project.”

Jimin nods, “I see. Do you want to sit with us again for lunch then?” Before Seulyeon can answer, however, he began walking, leading her to his table of friends.

“Hey again!” “Hello noona.” “Back again aren’t you?” The boys greeted her in a welcoming tone and she smiled, greeting them back.

“So how’s your project coming along?” Seokjin asked, taking a bite of his lunch. The two partners spoke briefly about their project and the rest of the boys nodded.

“Yeah, I’m going over to her house tomorrow so we can finish it up. It’s due next week.” Jimin nonchalantly said.

Seulyeon nodded and continued to eat, not noticing that the rest of the boys were looking at them. The whispered amongst themselves as Jimin and Seulyeon talked about the next step for their project. As soon as lunch ended, everyone parted ways and walked to their respective classrooms.

Taehyung walked beside his best friend, Jimin, towards their classroom and the former glanced at his friend. “So, you’re going over to her house tomorrow, huh?”

Jimin smiled to himself. “Yeah. We’re probably going to meet up this weekend also just to get the whole thing over with.”

Taehyung nodded. “Oh yeah? That’s cool man. Make sure you use protection, okay?” He grinned before laughing.

Jimin blush and shoved his friend. “I'm going for the project! There’s no way I could do that to her, you crazy!”

Taehyung held up his hands. “It’s just common knowledge my good man. Well, in the future when you two really hook up and think about doing it, just remember that golden rule.”

“Taehyung, shut up.”

 

Jimin and Seulyeon spread out their research papers and made sure everything was correct before putting all of the materials together. When they were finally done for the day, the two decided to relax and watch tv.

“So Seulyeonnie, what do you like to watch?” Jimin asks, breaking the semi-awkward silence between the two.

The girl thought about it before shrugging. “I know I like watching dramas with Song Joongki,” She laughs. “And anime for sure.”

Jimin got excited when hearing her say anime and he turned to look at her. “Really? Which anime is your favorite? Mine is…”

The two spoke excitedly about their favorite shows and before they knew it, the sun had already gone down. Jimin and Seulyeon stood up to stretch before they both walked towards the front door.

“Okay, so remember, tomorrow afternoon, around 2.” Seulyeon said in a motherly tone.

Jimin nodded and grinned. “Yes mom~” He sneezed and rubbed his arms, which made Seulyeon frown.

“You’ve been sneezing and sniffling a lot today. Please keep warm and take your vitamins or else you’ll get sick.” She lectured before handing him his jacket.

The boy chuckled at her, thinking how cute she was to be talking to him like so. “Yes yes. I’ll see you tomorrow!”