If this is love - Part 1

Love Collection

A/N: I did feel like writing something ty but nothing good came up so here is something very PG :D

I was supposed to finish work right at 5pm but some thing happened and I had to stay for another hour to finish the work up. I was already running late for dinner with my friends and they kept calling me asking me where I am. So once I have finished the work I quickly rushed out the company and power walk to the subway – I don't want my friends to keep texting me my whereabouts.

 

It's been 3 years since I graduated from university and also been 3 years since I last dated someone. We met at my friend's birthday party during my first year of university and had pretty good first impression of each other. My friend, which is the birthday girl introduced me to him and right after that night we added each other on Facebook. He was the one who initiated the talk on Facebook and since that night we've been talking to each other soon we started seeing each other. It didn't take long for us to officially date and everything was fine until we both felt that we no longer committed in this relationship. Our mind just wasn't together whenever we are together and soon I felt this 2 years relationship will no longer work out so I broke up with him. He was okay with it since he also felt the same way. He was the first guy I dated and the only guy I've dated so far in my life.

 

After we broke up all I did was focus on working and all of a sudden it's been 3 years since I last held hand, kissed, hugged and taken care of by someone. It wasn't that I had nobody chasing after me but none of them seem to clicked. I once went on a date with a guy older than me, he was in his 30s, it wasn't intended to be a date but somehow it ended being a date. But nothing happened as I find it hard to communicate with him with how differently our thoughts are.

 

After I graduated I have been working as an graduate in a fashion magazine. Time flies working in such a busy and fast pace company that I didn't have time to think of anything.

 

Tonight wasn't just a casual dinner with my friends but actually they are trying to set me up with this guy. I've known Luna for a long time since high school and we have been keeping in touch. She know I was single for 3 years and insisted to find me a guy. I didn't refuse her because I think it's nice of Luna and maybe I will just find the right one?

 

I got off the subways and quickly head towards the restaurant that they are already eating at. When I got closer to the destination I smell meat and my stomach growled. I fasten my pace and entered the BBQ place that smelled with delicious cooked meat. The restaurant was not big so I immediately spotted my group of friends.

 

“Krystal! You're finally here!” Luna yelped and stood up giving me a greeting hug. I hugged her back but all I focus was the food on the table. Luna dragged me to a sit and I was facing to two unfamiliar people.

 

“Krystal this is Jonghyun and Jonghyun this is Krystal.” Luna introduced and I gave him a small bow. “This is the guy I want you to meet.” Luna whispered in my ear.

 

“Hi, I'm Amber, Jonghyun's little sister.” The boyish girl introduced herself and I just smiled. They indeed are related they look so much alike.

 

Since this was the guy Luna trying to set me up with I took a good look at him and since I work in a fashion magazine I immediately focus on his dressing – from where I'm sitting all I can see he was wearing a black fitted shirt and wore some accessories, which shows that he's kind of stylish. Then my eyes naturally wander to his little sister who is wearing a black tee, snapback and no accessories worn. Although both of them are wearing something so simple but the two hold a different style and I tell that Jonghyun is the more stylish one here.

 

I mentally gave Jonghyun a tick for his dressing sense.

 

I'm not usually much of a talker when it comes to people I've just met so most of the time I listened and ate quietly. I can see that Luna is trying pull us closer by initiating all these questions about love and about ourselves. Jonghyun isn't the really shy guy, he did initiate conversations with me but I guess it was hard to continue the conversation when I respond with short answers. It wasn't because I'm not interested but this is just how I am with new people I meet.

 

We ate, we drank, we talked and we laughed. It was a fun night together regardless of Luna trying to set me up with Jonghyun. I got to meet with friends I haven't seen for a long time and met new friends.

 

It was close to 1am when we left the restaurant all reeked like barbecue meat and soju. Luna and I took a cab together since we live in the same building.

 

“So what do you think of Jonghyun?” Luna excitedly asked.

 

I took a moment and thought of what happened tonight and things happened between us. “He's not bad.” I said without having any more thoughts. In that few hours of meeting, my impression of Jonghyun was that he's stylish, kind and funny. I can see the big smile spread across Luna's face like she hit the jackpot.

 

“I honestly hope things will work out with you and Jonghyun. It's been 3 years you last dated someone and I just hope you will find someone. Jonghyun is a nice guy.” Luna said and I was a little touched at her thoughts.

 

I didn't say anything and just smiled at her.

 

I'm not desperate in finding someone at the moment but from time to time when I see sweet loving couples and when I'm alone by myself I do feel kind of lonely. That's when I hope to have someone I can share my thoughts with and cuddle with.

 

 

 

Both Jonghyun and Amber added me as their friends on Facebook and without thinking I accepted. When I was on my break I took the chance to go through their profiles out of curiosity. The two really do look alike and they post up silly photos that made me laugh.

 

Suddenly I got a Facebook message from Amber and it was a photo of my last night at the action of eating this piece of beef – I consider this photo to be pretty ugly.

 

Delete this photo! I look so ugly!” I replied back with lots of angry emoji.

 

Hahaha... Nope. This photo is cute.” Amber message back with lots of smiley emoji.

 

I laughed and I wasn't really mad because of this ugly photo but I did wondered when did she took this photo because I was not aware of it at all.

 

Our conversation started off with that ugly photo of me and from then Amber and I began text messaging a lot on Facebook. She once sent me a weird llama photo then another photo of herself having the same expression of the llama that made me crack up laughing. It was random but thanks to that photo it made my day a lot less stressful.

 

 

 

It was finally Friday, the last day of work and I was excited for work to finish. While I was spitting how stressful I was because of work on our group chat with Amber and Jonghyun, Amber suddenly suggest we have a crazy night together to forget the stress. I hesitate at first with the idea of go clubbing and getting wasted but the boyish girl talked me into it. The only time when I went clubbing and got wasted was when I turned 18. Though I don't know whether the idea of getting wasted will relief my stress but somehow I got pretty excited for the night.

 

I left work with a set of different clothes that I worn to work I can't possibly club in my work clothing. I changed into a white short dress and a pair of high heels – y yet still look classy. The moment I left my company's building I saw a familiar figure standing in front. It was Amber and tonight she look really different and surprises me. We have met up a few times for dinner with my other friends and she is always in her comfy sporty wear but tonight she was different. A white sleeveless button up shirt, a black scarf around her collar that's like a tie, tight black jeans and black ankle boots. What she was wearing really did show off her figure nicely – her shoulders, her arms and her long legs. I can tell she also put in some effort for her outfit as she wore some accessories which she normally don't. I took a good moment to check her out and I guess I made her feel uncomfortable.

 

“You look really handsome tonight.” I complimented her and she blushed which was quite cute.

 

“And you look really y tonight.” Amber complimented back and it was now my turn to blush.

 

“How come you're here?” I asked as we supposed to meet at the dinner place to fill our stomach first.

 

“I finished work a little earlier and got dressed a little earlier so I decided to you to our dinner, as I'm afraid you might attract some unwanted attention with your iness.” Amber joked and I couldn't help but to laugh.

 

We laughed as we talk to the restaurant for dinner.

 

Amber suggested this Italian restaurant that is not too far from the clubs. The restaurant was crowded but luckily Amber made reservation. While waiting for Jonghyun to arrive we ordered drinks first.

 

“Why is Jonghyun so late?” I asked as I can feel my stomach growling.

 

“He just texted me that he got stuck in traffic and on his way. He told us to eat first and will join us later.” Amber answered while reading the message on her phone.

 

As much as I do want to wait for him but my stomach cannot wait any longer. I picked up the menu and quickly scan through. When it comes to food I am never indecisive as I often know what I want to eat however Amber is different, it takes forever for her to decide unless she already has something in mind. I waved my hand for the waiter and quickly order the food without asking Amber.

 

“Is there anything you want Sir?” The waiter asked and I laughed how he mistaken Amber as a guy. Amber just awkwardly shook her head and hand the menu to the waiter.

 

We ate, we talked, we laughed and we joked. It's fun hanging out with Amber, she is the type of friend that's so down to earth, easy and comfortable to be with and what I like is she brings out a different side of me – the childish and mischievous side of me.

 

“Hey girls sorry for coming really late. The traffic was really bad.” Jonghyun finally arrived half way through the dinner looking exhausted.

 

Again with my work illness I naturally check out Jonghyun's outfit – white pants, white leather shoes and black long sleeve shirt with small white poka-dots. His outfit is always good and didn't surprise me much tonight unlike Amber. He sat down on the empty seat and suddenly I notice we are all wearing matching colours – black and white.

 

We laughed as Jonghyun hungrily gobble the food without taking the time to chew it he must be really hungry.

 

We finished dinner but the night was still early for clubbing so we decide to change location to a bar first and maybe get tipsy ready for clubbing. We left to the bar across the road which look very happening as there was a live band performing inside. We had a few drinks, chatting and enjoying the live music until it was time for the clubs to open.

 

We lined up at the long queue and I laughed so hard that the security charged Amber entry fee when it's supposed to be free for girls. The security guard just said she was too handsome and ladies will fall for her, with that compliment Amber had no reason for not paying.

 

We finally got in and now is all about drinking and dancing. Usually I'm quite awkward when clubbing but all the drinks I had previously got me high and it was easy to ease in the atmosphere.

 

 

 

I woke up and having the worst hangover ever. The pain pretty much explains how crazy we got last night. We drank a lot, we got high, Jonghyun and Amber was giving me a y dance, Jonghyun his shirt and let me run my hands over his 6 packs. There is no way I could forget that because this is the first time I ever touched a 6 packs.

 

I sat up on the bed as I was still in my party dress. I look over to my right to see Jonghyun snoring on the other bed still with shirt ed. Then I look over to my left to see Amber deep in sleep as she wrap her arms around my legs. That is right, we got so wasted last night that we had to booked a hotel room nearby.

 

My head pained and then my face turned red at the thought of what happened last night. Amber and I was flirting and touching a lot last night. I can still remember Jonghyun sobers up that is when things got a little out of control between Amber and I. I couldn't believe I was sitting on her lap with her arms wrapping around my waist and we were whispering to each other. Our heads got pretty close together and I even kissed her cheek. We also took a lot of intimate photos together.

 

I peel off Amber's arms around my legs and left to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and I must say I look terrible.

 

“Good morning.” The sudden greeting surprised me. Amber yawned and step closer reach her hands under the tap. She rinsed her face and I naturally hand her a towel. “Thanks.” She muttered before wiping her face dry.

 

I don't know how much Amber remembers of last night because it was really hard to tell from the way she acted so normally.

 

“Are you hungry? Do you want to eat something?” Amber asked with a tired face.

 

“Ah... no. I look terrible I just want to go home and shower.” As much as my stomach is growling I can't wait to just go home and remove my makeup and this tight dress.

 

“Then I'll take you home.” Amber walk out the bathroom and stuck her hand in Jonghyun's pocket grabbing his car keys.

 

“No need. You should wait for Jonghyun.” I quickly said as I'm not sure how to behave in front of her now that something like last night happened.

 

“He is not going to wake up any time soon and I'm sure you're really tired now to be taking the public transport home.” It is true that I really don't want to take the transport home so even though I want to get away from Amber I took her offer to let her drive me home.

 

“Just take some more rest while I go fetch the car.” I wanted to say I'll go with her to get the car but before I could even utter another word she was gone already.

 

 

 

That night still bothers me and I'm trying really hard to act normal whenever I chat with Amber. Our Facebook chat still continues to be lively, everything seem to be normal except the fact that my feelings for Amber has changed. Before I always see her as a friend but now it seem to be a little bit more than just friends. I would look back at our conversation on Facebook and just re-reading the messages it feel as though two people are flirting with each other.

 

I was just thinking about Amber when my phone rang and took my mind off thinking about her.

 

“Hi Krystal!” Luna greeted over the phone with her usual enthusiastic voice.

 

“Hey Luna.” My voice was far off enthusiastic compared to Luna.

 

“Do you want to have lunch together?”

 

Luna's company is not too far from mine so we often have lunch together but not when it's the end of the month when we usually chasing time because of the deadlines.

 

I meet Luna at the usual cafe we have lunch together and right after I ordered my lunch Luna began questioning.

 

“So how did you go with Jonghyun? I heard you two got pretty close after meeting.” She asked with a nosy attitude.

 

How should I answer her? Yes I got close with Jonghyun but end up having feelings for his sister?

 

I can't possibly tell her that as I don't even know if what I'm feeling for Amber is. I also not sure if Amber swings that way too.

 

“Hey what's wrong?” Luna questioned with a worried face.

 

I thought for a moment and decided to tell Luna what happened between me and Amber.

 

“Oh my god.” Luna was still in shock after listening to my story. It took her some time to absorb this new piece of news from me – the fact that I might have fallen for a handsome girl.

 

“Well Amber is indeed handsome like her brother but she is still a girl.” Luna commented.

 

However the fact that Amber is a girl was never my concern. I never thought of liking a girl but even if I did it wasn't a surprise as long as the feelings are mutual. But are the feelings mutual is still questionable.