Getting the wrong idea

Love Collection

 

“So Amber what’s your ideal type?” The MC asked after Victoria has said out her ideal type. I looked at the Taiwanese American girl sitting across the table rolling her eyes stuttering on her answer like usual.

 

“Umm… I like guys who are modest and don’t give a feeling of burden.” She said but feeling a little shy right afterward. 

 

I eyed the girl and mentally chuckled, yeah right.

 

There is something that have bottled up inside myself ever since I’ve gotten close to Amber. I’m not the type who judge her by looks assuming that she’s gay because of how she looks and dresses. But I actually felt it, the feeling she gives me whenever I’m with her.

 

In the end I come up with the conclusion that she has fallen for the almighty, pretty, y and charming Krystal Jung.

 

 

 

After two hours of waiting, preparing and recording for the radio interview we finally ended it with a group photo with the MCs. Promoting our debut single La Cha Ta was something that we all looked forward to and I’m just glad our group is being well accepted by the fans.

 

We left the studio after bowing goodbye to the two MCs. Once we’re out of the door we grabbed our bags. All our bags are placed in a corner and when I was about to grab my own little satchel bag Amber was a step faster. She grab her bag first then mine and hand it to me with her dorky grin. I took my bag from her hand replying her with a smile, her grin stretches and she follow our manager bowing to all the other staffs as she leave. I told you, Amber is in love with me, just out of all our members’ bags she only grabbed mine and personally hand it to me.

 

I followed the other members bowing at the staffs as I walk out of the studio room. Amber was in front walking side by side with our manager talking happily then she stop in front of the glass door turning around looking back while our manager opens the glass door and walk outside. Luna, Victoria and Sulli who are walking in front left the building as our manager held the glass door open. When I finally reach near Amber gave me another of her dorky smile and move her feet walking next to me. We walk side by side out of the building.

 

I heard a little bit of screaming noises, turning to my left I saw our fans holding up sign boards and Amber happily waves at them earning loud squeals. We fasten our walking pace to the van since we’re running a bit late for our next schedule. We reach to our van that was parked at the parking lot; our manager slides open the door and then walk to the front passenger seat. One by one Luna, Victoria and Sulli hop inside the van, when it was Amber’s turn she simply step aside giving me a push on the shoulder telling me to go in first. I bob my head down and sat myself on the back seats. Amber then followed hopping inside and closing the door. She also sat at the back seats where there’s a seat gap between us.

 

During the ride Sulli kept cracking little jokes making everyone laugh except for a certain girl. I was laughing not because of Sulli’s jokes but because of a certain girl who is pulling a blank face. Then she would give me a hopeless look asking me to explain in English. Laughter died down as the long ride continues, Luna plug in her headphone listening to music, Sulli staring blankly out the window while shoving snacks in , Victoria quietly plays with her smart phone and Amber blankly staring at the moving scenery. The van was so quiet and I guess everyone is tired. I took another look at Amber who is still doing the same thing before closing my eyes for a nap. The car ride went long and I felt a hand shaking my shoulder.

 

“Hey Krystal wake up, we’re here.” I didn’t need to open my eyes to know whom this voice belongs to because no one in the van would speak English to me other than Amber. I slowly open my eyes after a short yet long nap. Everyone in the van left already except Amber. She jumps out of the van and I followed; once my feet landed on the solid ground I stretched my arms out. Amber closed the slide door and waited until I was ready to enter the building.

 

We have a live performance, we came two hours before the show starts to prepare and of course rehearse. All the members did their best even though it’s only a rehearsal. The music got stop half way through and the staff said there was a little problem with our microphones. I glance over at Amber while the staff was doing the check up and I could see beads of sweats on Amber already.  Our rehearsal ended perfectly and we head back to our waiting room. Once I got inside Amber pulled out a tissue from the box handing it over to me.

 

“Here wipe your sweats.” She flashes her dorky smile again.

 

“Aren’t you the one who is sweating more?” I pulled a tissue out from the box behind and returning the favor passing her a piece of tissue.

 

She took the tissue paper and chuckled before wiping the sweats off her face. I also did the same thing and I was surprise at the amount of sweat I sweated for the rehearsal. Suddenly Amber burst out laughing and I just gave her a cold look not knowing what she’s laughing about.

 

“Don’t move.” She said holding down on of my arm.

 

Her face leans forward eying a certain part of my face, our face was so close I felt my ears burning from the sudden closeness. She reaches her hand and picked something that on my face.

 

“You got a piece of tissue stuck on her face.” She pulled out a grin and rolled the piece of tissue before throwing it in the bin along with her tissue.

 

Before I could break my trance of thoughts our styling staff pulled Amber to change into her stage clothes. I just stood there for a moment before moving away from that spot.

 

All of us got into our stage clothes and put on light makeup. It wasn’t our first time performing live but we still got really nervous. At the backstage we waited for the MCs to announce our turn. When it was finally our turn to perform our manager pushes us to go up stage. It was really dark inside and I was having trouble but then I felt a pair of hand holding onto mine leading me up the stairs onto the stage. It was only when I stood under the lights I realize that hand holding onto mine was Amber. I didn’t get a chance to thank her because the staffs rush us to get into position.

 

Our performance went really well, I felt less nervous seeing the chants from our fans and once again when it comes to Amber’s rapping part she got the loudest cheers. When she heard the loud cheering she flashed her charming smile making the fangirls go crazier.  If I told you I wasn’t jealous it would be a lie. We stayed until the show ends and I see many of our seniors were happily greeting the Taiwanese American. Well she seems to be enjoying the attention of our seniors as well.

 

We bowed goodbye to our seniors and staffs before heading back to the resting room. Amber was a little behind as she still having a chat with Hyuna. She quickly said her goodbye and ran to catch up with us. She threw her arm around my shoulder as we walk to the resting room. Feeling a lot better in my own clothes it was finally the end of our day with no schedule waiting for us. We walk out of the building and it was slightly raining. Since it wasn’t raining that heavily our manager just told us to walk faster to the van. Luna, Victoria and Sulli left following our manager and I stood still under the shelter looking up at the sky. I never really like the rain, I hate how the ground is wet and making my shoe wet. I step out ready to be hit by the rain but I felt nothing. I look over to the right I saw Amber holding onto an umbrella.

 

“I know you don’t like the rain.”

 

Now I know why she always carries a big backpack.

 

The rain seems to have gotten heavier and I felt Amber’s arm wrap around my shoulder pushing me to fit under the small umbrella. We were once again really close and I can feel my heart beating again. I was drowned in this feeling of being protected that I didn’t realize her shoulder was all wet. I look up seeing that the umbrella was leaning towards my side. A little small smile creep on me as I lean closer to Amber along the way.

 

More schedules were waiting for us the next day and we had a photoshoot and interview for a magazine. I like photoshoots because we get to look differently to how we normally are. I was wearing a really short dress and I got the feeling that Amber was staring at it during the photo session. Also during the interview Amber bluntly said I was the most perfect girl she ever met.

 

“You just love me too much.” I said with a little sarcasm but I wasn’t joking.

 

Amber Liu, you really can’t hide the loves for me, huh?

 

 

 

Back at the f(x) dorm, I was lying on Amber’s bed while she was doing her Korean homework on the desk. She would often ask me for help and I just gladly help her or even do it for it. Maybe because I’m the only member who she can freely express herself without thinking how to put her words into sentences that we often exchange small secrets.

 

“Before I left to Korea a girl confessed to me.” She suddenly said while doing her homework.

 

I instantly raise my head looking at her side profile trying to figure out why she suddenly said that. Is she trying to hint something?

 

“Really? Was she cute? What happened afterward?” I asked with full curiosity.

 

“She was a friend that I know, I said sorry to her because I had to leave to Korea.” She finally turns her head around looking me in the eyes.

 

I felt her eyes piercing through me and I just wanted to confirm something, whether she has feeling for that girl or not.

 

“So…did you reject the girl because you’re leaving to Korea or because you have no feelings for her?” Judging from our friendship we have developed I know I can ask this without offending her.

 

“Ummm… I like her as a friend.” She took a few seconds before answering.

 

Now that we’re talking the topic of girls I roll over to the side making space for another person. I patted the empty spot giving sign to Amber to lie down with me. Without hesitation she put the pen down and hop on the bed lying next to me.

 

“Honestly Amber do you have someone you like at the moment?” I shift to the side and she did the same our face was only inches away. I felt my ears burning again.

 

“Yeah you.” She grins.

 

I wasn’t taking it seriously because of her stupid grin but somehow I wished she said with more sincerity.

 

“But I think you’ll be a good girlfriend.” This time she said it with more sincerity.

 

I was taken aback by her words. I never thought she think of me like that since I’m always hitting and teasing her.

 

“Krys, I want to tell you something.”

 

Is she going to confess to me right now?

 

We stared at each other and my heart is thumping rapidly waiting for her to confess to me, proving that I’m right, she loves me.

 

Suddenly the thought of her confessing is really a bad idea. What if the media finds out? What if our company finds out? What if we get disband right after we debut? Too many ‘what if’ was popping up in my head. I told myself I need to stop her.

 

“Alright Amber I know you love me but we can’t, I mean it’s not like I don’t love you but you got to think about our career, our future, we just debut I don’t our group to disband straight away because of us. I know it’s going to hard for both of us but we just need to stop this it’ll do us no good. Do you get it?” I quickly blabbed out which I don’t even know what I was on about.

 

I stop and took a deep breath to find Amber staring blankly at me.

 

Did she not get it?

 

“Umm… Krys can you translate that in English? You said it so fast that I didn’t catch anything other than something about love and can’t.” She gave me a really confused look.

 

Right, I was just speaking my mind out that I didn’t know I was actually speaking in my mother language.

 

Feeling a shy to repeat what I just said I quickly change the topic.  “So what did you want to tell me?”

 

“I just want to say thank you for always helping me out.”

 

I blushed so hard because I just got the wrong idea. I avoid looking at her in the eyes and I roll myself to the other side facing the wall.

 

“So what did you say just then?” She shift herself closer our bodies almost touched.

 

“Something about I love you and you love me.” She whispered right in my ear I could feel her breath that is giving me shivers.

 

I heard Amber cracking a laugh as she kept bugging me to translate what I just blabbed out.

 

Did she really not understand it or is she teasing me?

 

I grabbed the pillow and just buried my head underneath it.

 

This is so embarrassing.

 

She stops nagging me with the translation and I felt her arm wrapping around my waist pulling us close together. I lift the pillow off my head and place it under my head, I felt her head instantly shift closer and I felt her breathing on my neck.

 

A smile formed, I place my hand on top of hers that was on my waist and we just stayed like that.

--------

A/N: I didn't write as what I first imagined to be but it somehow ended like that while writing this.