My first love

Love Collection

 

“HYUNG!” Sulli cheerfully screamed from behind as she runs and hug her so-called ‘hyung’. She jumped on the boyish girl’s back throwing her arms around her neck that seem like she’s strangling her.

 

“Ssul! I can’t…breathe…” Amber said and tried to get the tall girl off her back. Once the giant hop off Amber’s back she coughed fixing her shirt.

 

“Oops, I’m just happy to see you. Let’s have lunch together.” Sulli showed her eyes smile, she linked her arm with Amber’s and the two walks to the cafeteria.

 

The two brought their lunch and the atmosphere between them was really good until Sulli walk up to her friend who is sitting alone eating her lunch.

 

“Hey Krys!” Sulli sat beside Krystal. Amber stood in front of the two girls still holding onto her lunch.

 

“Hyung what are you doing? Sit.” Sulli called seeing how Amber is still standing. Amber obediently sits on the empty seat in front of the two girls.

 

“Hyung this is Krystal and Krystal this is Amber.” Sulli innocently introduce the two without noticing the sudden change of atmosphere.

 

“I’m full. I see you later Ssul.” Krystal abruptly stood up and left. Sulli scratches her head not knowing what was wrong with her friend when she saw that she only had a bite of her sandwich.  

 

Amber’s eyes followed Krystal’s back leaving the cafeteria.

 

Mindlessly Krystal walk to the basketball courts and she sat on the bench watching the boys play under the hot sun. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a growl sound coming from her stomach. She pouted and patted her stomach; a bite of the sandwich was not enough to fill her stomach.

 

“Here, your lunch.”

 

Krystal’s eaten sandwich appeared in front of her eyes, her eyes travel from the hand up to see the face that she does not want to see ever again. Seeing who it was Krystal ignored the tempting food and continued to watch the boys play basketball.

 

“I know you’re hungry so eat up.” Amber said and seated herself next to Krystal on the bench.

 

Krystal decides to continue to ignore Amber but her stomach wasn’t doing a great job at ignoring the food. Her stomach growled again and this time Krystal took the food off Amber’s hand. Instantly a wide smile spread from Amber’s face.

 

“How you know I’m here.” Krystal asked without looking at the boyish girl.

 

“I just know…” Amber replied back.

 

“Here your favorite mango smoothies.” Amber handed her the mango smoothies and that’s when Krystal finally face Amber.

 

was filled and she was chewing her sandwich Amber chuckled at the cute scene in front of her. Krystal swallowed and took the mango smoothies slurping it happily.  There were bits of crumbs on Krystal’s face and Amber just reaches out brushing them off. Krystal froze; she blushed but quickly slaps the helping hand away glaring at the girl.

 

“Stop it Amber.” She said coldly.

 

“Give me another chance?”

 

“Amber it’s over between us.” Krystal puts the mango smoothies down and got up from the bench. Before Krystal walks away Amber quickly stood up embracing the girl from behind.

 

“I love you Krys.” Amber cries and tightens her arms.

 

Krystal suddenly starts tearing up as well but she tried not to make a sound, as she didn’t want the boyish girl to know. Krystal closes her eyes for a couple of seconds before she peels Amber’s arms off her waist. Without saying anything the girl just walks off leaving the boyish girl in tears.

 

Amber couldn’t really blame Krystal she deserved the cold treatment.

 

 

 

At the age of 15 Amber fell in love with an unknown girl she met at the library. They weren’t friends or classmate they were just simply student from the same school. Amber was at the library borrowing a movie DVD. There she saw a beautiful girl with long black hair sitting by the window reading a cooking book. She looked like an angel with the sun shinning on her. Amber just couldn’t take her eyes of this beautiful girl and from that day Amber would visits the library. Even though she can’t cook but she borrows all the cooking books the girl reads.

 

She realized that the girl never borrows any books but just reads them in the library. One day right after the girl finished with the book and has put it back on the shelf. Seeing the girl left Amber jumps out and went to the same spot the girl was on. She skims through the book’s names until she found the one. Strangely Amber found a note slipped in between the book.

 

Why do you keep staring at me?

 

Amber read the note and suddenly her face blushed knowing that she’s been discovered by her crush. She dug out her pen and on the same post-it-note she scribble a few words down.

 

If you know I’m staring at you then you must be staring at me as well.

 

Amber then slips the note back in the book and then put the book back on the shelf. She hopes the girl will see this note.

 

The next day and same time Amber arrived at the library unfortunately the girl she’s been staring for weeks was not at her usual place. Amber frowned not able to see the beautiful girl. She suddenly remembers the note and quickly walks to the aisle. Knowing where its placed Amber easily grabs the book off the shelf. There she saw a different color post-it-note stuck in the middle of the book.

 

It’s because you kept staring at me ><

 

Amber chuckled at how childish it would sound if she actually heard it from the girl. Digging out her pen Amber took a moment of thinking what she should write to the girl. She took a deep breathe in before writing something that requires a lot of courage.

 

Can you be my girlfriend?

 

Amber puts the post-it-note back in between the book and places it back on the shelf. Her heart has been racing throughout the day not knowing how the girl will react to her bold confession.

 

The next day Amber went to the library she can feel her heart beating so fast as she approach close to the book shelf. She went to the same spot and took out the book. Strangely there was no post-it-note stuck in between the book. Amber’s heart immediately drops. Does this mean Amber got rejected? Depressingly Amber closes the book and put it back on the shelf with a sad face. After she just puts it back she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. Amber froze on the spot she slowly turns around seeing the person who she thought of everyday. Her angelic face was so close; she had a blank face not knowing what is happening. Was she dreaming? The girl close in and gently press her lips. Amber had her eyes widen while the girl had her eyes closed. It took 5 seconds for Amber to process that it’s not a dream in fact it’s real. She closes her eyes and deepens the kiss.

 

 

 

Krystal left the basketball court in tears. She hated herself that she still has feelings for Amber. Amber was her first love and definitely the one who hurt her the most. She could still remember clearly what happened that day when she discovered her own girlfriend cheating on her.

 

Things were really sweet between the two after they gotten together. They both know their relationship moved a bit too fast than normal couples but it didn’t bother them because they were in love so deeply.

 

Krystal felt her tears streaming down when she saw the scene of her girlfriend kissing another girl. The scene took place outside of the cinema. Earlier Krystal told Amber she’s going to a friend’s house and Amber told Krystal she’s at home. When Krystal’s friend changed her hangout place Krystal never thought she’d be greeted by a scene of her girlfriend kissing another girl right after the batch of people finished a movie.

 

Krystal drops the cup of popcorns and it splatter on the floor. Amber still didn’t notice her girlfriend and continued to be intimate with the girl. When the crowd has split Amber finally saw her fuming girlfriend. She quickly disconnect their intertwine hands and ran to her girlfriend for explanation.

 

“Krys…I can explain…” Amber quickly said.

 

But before Amber could finish off her sentence Krystal slaps the girl hard on the cheek. More tears came streaming out as much as she tries to hold them in.

 

“We’re over Amber Josephine Liu.” Turning around Krystal ran away. Amber just stood still not knowing what to do.

 

 

 

Krystal wipes the tears off her face. She had already cried a lot for this girl and she promise herself she will never get upset again because of Amber. But luck was not on her side that she met Amber again. Worse of all they are now attending the same college and friends with her friend Sulli.

 

What should she do?

 

Her heart still beats fast whenever she sees her first love.