I don't like girls

Love Collection

 

Just because I look 90% like a boy it does not mean I like girls and the truth is I don’t like girls. I never had a crush on a girl and never had any type of romantic thoughts with a girl. But somehow all the girls assume I like girls, stereotype! They confess to me and even force to kiss and hug me, why don’t they understand? So I ended up being closer with the guys, they’re way more easy going, if they like you they don’t care who you are.

 

So I thought after moving to Korea things will change but it didn’t. Girls still confess to me and I get lots of love from them. I hate girls except for one who is my next door neighbour, Sulli.

 

She was my first Korean friend; she’s really cute, bubbly and really tall. Even though my Koreans is bad she often uses body language to communicate with me, sometimes it feels like we’re playing a guessing word game. Soon she teaches me very weird and funny Korean words which I think it’s interesting but I don’t think I can use those words often.

 

One day after a long day of classes I came back home, in front of Sulli’s house I saw her with a friend.

 

“HYUNG!” Sulli shouted as she jumped up and down waving at me.

 

“Wassup Ssul!” I greeted back using my usual American style.

 

I then realise there’s someone beside her, I never seen her before so I just gave her a little nod and smile as a greeting.

 

“Ah you must be Amber?” She asked.

 

Before I could reply her with a “yes”, both of her hands laid flat on my chest. I could feel her force and then a squeeze. My eyes were wide opened, jaw dropped and I couldn’t move, actually I didn’t know what to do.

 

“So you’re really a girl.” She finally removes her hands off my chest.

 

I was still speechless and dumbfounded.

 

I was finally back to my sense when I heard Sulli’s laugh. I stood there awkwardly and just wait until she finish, she laughed until tears bursting out from her eyes.

 

“Sorry hyung but it’s just so funny especially the look on your face.” Sulli kept laughing as she hugs onto her stomach.

 

“I told Krystal that you’re a girl but she won’t believe me until she checks it out herself.” Sulli explained I could tell she’s about to burst out in laughter again.

 

I look over to the girl name Krystal, she had a nothing-happened face on like seriously the thing she just did was absolutely normal.

 

We then hang out at Sulli’s room together, the three of us. Because of that impression Krystal gave the first minute we met I held back and wasn’t being myself around her. It’s like I’m on my protection mode in case she makes another inappropriate move. Everything went fine until Sulli went to the bathroom which left Krystal and I in the room alone. The room is now filled with silent and none of us spoke a word out. I was trying to look busy as I go through one of Sulli’s magazines that was place on her desk but actually my mind was filled with thoughts of hoping Sulli to come back as quick as possible so obviously I didn’t even know what magazine I was flipping at.

 

“Hmm... Amber never knew you’re interested in that kind of clothing or maybe you’re just checking out the models?” Krystal leaned towards my left ear and evilly whispers those words sending a warm chill down my entire body.

 

I was startled by her action and immediately distance away from her. I then realise what kind of magazine I was looking at, “ViVi” a popular Japanese girly fashion magazine. The page that happens to be opened was filled with cute girls wearing miniskirts. I threw the magazine away and then look at Krystal; she was giving me an evil smirk.

 

“So... You were checking the models out aren’t you?” Krystal raised her brows, she was on her fours and with every word she spoke she crawl a step forward towards me who was still recovering from the shock.

 

“No... I’m not. I... don’t... like girls.” I stuttered a little on my words but I manage to say something before she gets nearer.

 

“Hmm... I don’t believe you.” Krystal had that evil smirk pasted on her face once again. She continued to crawl forward.

 

I don’t know why Krystal is doing this to me but by the look on her face she sure is enjoying it. Every step Krystal step closer I sweated. I could feel my heart racing and cold sweats running over my forehead. Krystal was a step away from me, I couldn’t move backward anymore since the bed was in the way. Just before Krystal takes another step closer Sulli came skipping in the room. I never had been this relief before.

 

“Eh? What are you guys doing?” Sulli gave us a perplex look.

 

“Nothing, just getting to know each other better.” Krystal motion away but her evil grin was still pasted on her face.

 

Sulli just shrugs it off and then we all continued to chat but obviously I wasn’t paying too much attention on what they were talking about since I kept starring at Krystal, wondering what’s on her mind and why she was doing that. From time to time we had a few eye contact she gave me a smirk and I immediately turned my head away from her direction. Our hang out session didn’t last too long as I excused myself back home saying I have homework to do and that was my first time meeting Kyrstal Jung.

 

After that day I didn’t get to see Krystal for weeks and I was glad about that. Being with Krystal just means I have to be extra careful since who knows what she might do to me. I was once again walking back home and right in front of my house was a girl waiting for someone. I walk up to the girl and tapped on her shoulder.

 

“Am... Amber sunbae!” The girl turns around after the tap and gave out a complete shocking expression once she saw the face in front of her.

 

“Hi... Umm... Do I know you?”

 

“I’m Luna, a year below you. You might not know me but I know you. I liked you for a long time and I’m here to confess my love. Please go out with me.” The girl Luna said her sentences really fast and I could tell her was really nervous. After she finishes speeding her words she bowed 90 degrees.

 

“Thanks for liking me but I don’t like girls.” It wasn’t the first time I had girls confessing to me so I wasn’t surprise at all and remain my calm.

 

The girl Luna straightens herself up and as expected her eyes were watery. She was forcing her tears back in while acting like she wasn’t hurt by what I’ve said. I stood there still waiting if she had anymore words to say but without saying another word Luna ran away after a tear drop.

 

“Poor girl.”

 

From the back I heard a familiar voice instantly I turn around to meet the face of the girl who gave me deepest first impression.

 

“It’s you.”

 

“Hmm... So you really don’t like girls? You know that girl is pretty cute.”

 

I wasn’t in the mood to talk to her anymore so I ignored her. I turn back around and head to the door but her voice once again stopped my action.

 

“Can I come in?”

 

“Why? I thought you’re here for Sulli?”

 

“Yeah I am but Sulli just called me said she’ll be back a little later. I got nowhere else to go and I can’t just stand outside.”

 

“Come in.” I had a thought before deciding whether to let her come in or not, but after all it wouldn’t be nice to see her standing outside who knows what might happen to her.

 

I opened the door and Krystal followed behind once she was inside she sat on the sofa.

 

“You want something to drink?”

 

“Water please!”

 

I placed my backpack on the sofa and heads toward the kitchen to pour Krystal a glass of water. I came back to the living room and saw Krystal comfortably lying on the sofa like it was her house and I’m the servant bring her water. I held my words and placed the glass of water on the coffee table in front of her. She smiled and got up sitting on her bottom this time.

 

“Thanks.” She said before picking the glass up for some water.

 

I was immersed in the way she was drinking the water as she swallow the lump in . In one go she finished draining the whole glass down and moving the glass away from she her lips. I felt a tint of burn on my ears as she stares in my eyes the entire time she was drinking the water. Clearing my throat I look away from her stares.

 

“I’m going to get change you can stay here.” I quickly said and moves to the direction of my room.

 

I can still feel the thumping in my heart as I lock myself in my room.

 

Krystal didn’t stay that long since I heard a noise of closing door. I was relief and once again this girl drives me nuts.

 

After that day I’ve been seeing Krystal more often, she comes to find Sulli a lot and every time she comes I somehow will see her. It was strange, although we’re not to the point of friends but at least we knew each other but somehow every time we walk pass each other we don’t greet or say anything. I don’t know why but I was actually looking forward to hear her say something or make another weird move on me. But our eyes would just instantly meet and the stares would last for a couple of seconds before it breaks.

 

One of the nights my mother told me to bring something to Sulli’s mother. I did as what she told and rang the door bell. Mrs. Choi opened the door, she was grateful that I brought the things over and even invited me inside. She told me that Sulli is in her room and told me to go find her. I thought since I’m here I should at least say hello to her. Before entering her room I heard a light faint of music coming out, I knocked on the door but she didn’t reply there I thought she must be listening to music that she didn’t realise someone is knocking her door. I decides to open the door and enter, once I was inside the room was empty and the computer was left on with music playing. I was thinking maybe she’s showering or something, just when I’m about to turn around to leave I heard the door closed and then I felt a pair of arms around my waist.

 

I stood there frozen.

 

A hot breathe of air enters my right ear as she whispers those words.

 

“Hi Amber, we meet again.”

 

No doubt about it that was Krystal’s voice.

 

I want to turn around but I was locked in her embrace. Then I felt a force that pushes me towards the door. My back was leaning against the door and Krystal’s face was just an inch in front as she locks me in between her two arms. The two of us were just staring at each other, I was lost in words and I don’t know what I should do. I felt this magnetic force that my eyes cannot move away from hers. Things just came naturally as she leans forward while I slowly close my eyes waiting for her touch. Our lips touch, the feeling of having her lips on mine was sensational, I never felt like this before. My lips were moving on its own as I response back to her kiss. I opened my mouth as I felt her tongue brush against my lips asking to enter. Our tongues meet and tangled together. Enjoying the kiss, I felt her arms tugging the button on my pants it was then I came back to my senses as to what on earth is happening. I broke the kiss and distance between us by pushing her away, I panted while staring in her eyes. I couldn’t believe what just happened I didn’t know what to do or what to say so I opened the door and ran away.

 

Running back home I quickly ran into my room and close the door. Leaning against the door, my back slowly slid down to the floor as I touch my burning lips. I am confused, one side of my thought think it’s pretty disgusting to be kissing a girl but the other side of my thought liked it. If I like it does that mean I like girls? Or maybe I just like Krystal? It was a mix feeling I have. After thinking over an hour with no answer I decide to throw away that thought and sleep my night off. Things will eventually come to sense and work out fine, I thought before falling asleep.

--------------------

A/N: An old work of mine which I found in my USB.