Beauty and the Geek - Part 2

Love Collection

I never really classified myself as a geek. I’m just someone who has a really bad fashion sense, doesn’t bother with the looks, not really out going and happens to love new gadgets, animes and manga. And then everyone in the school takes me as a geek.

I’ve heard about Krystal Jung, everyone name her as the little ice princess, her cold glares can freeze someone to death. When I found out that I’m rooming with her for a year I immediately brought a few more blankets. I’ve always heard Krystal Jung is pretty but after seeing her in person I think she’s more than just pretty, of course Victoria is prettier.

But I’m glad that I’m rooming with her because without her I wouldn’t look like this and I wouldn’t meet Victoria.

After my extreme make over my life turned 180 degrees, living in a life whereas I’m invisible to people I now attract a lot of attentions at school. People constantly are giving me weird stares and some girls approaching me wanting to be friends with me. I finally felt how annoying it was for Victoria to be surrounded by a bunch of guys all the time.

“Wow Amber instantly you became the hot topic.” Sulli popped out of nowhere which startled me thinking it’s another one of those girls who wants to be friends with me.

“You scared me Sulli.”

“Sorry.” She pouted in the cutest way.

Ever since I met Sulli we became good friends although she asks a lot of questions but I don’t find her annoying. Her silly stories and jokes never fail to make me laugh all the time.


Krystal came back from her usual jog and immediately she plopped herself on my bed instead of hers.

“Krys, get out of my bed you’re sweaty.” I nudged Krystal while she lied restlessly on my bed.

“That’s the reason why I’m lying on your bed instead of mine.” She slowly got up and head to the bathroom.

The closer I am with Krystal the more I felt that she’s having control over me. I did whatever she commands and I don’t bother argue with her when she wants things her way. Somehow whatever she says it felt like it’s the right thing to do. She came out of the bathroom looking all fresh and clean, with the amount of skins being exposed I was captivated. As the weather is getting hotter all she wears in the room was singlet and a pair of mini shorts which revealed her long slim legs. I swallowed hard as I find myself staring at her perfect figure again. I shook off my staring as I find it wrong to stare at my roommate in such a erted way.

Amber she’s your friend! Stop checking her out!

“So what’s happening between you and Victoria unnie after the dinner? Did you ask her out?” Krystal plopped herself on my bed again while drying her wet hair with a towel.

Other than bumping her in school I never got the chance to talk to her properly alone. She’s always seemed to be busy and I don’t even know if I’m classified as her friend.

“Amber you gotta make a move before she’s taken away by those guys.”

I know Victoria is a girl of every man’s dream but it’s hard to make a move.

“Should I help you?” She raised her eyebrows.

“I know Victoria unnie wanted to watch this musical so badly but all the tickets are sold out.” Krystal took out two tickets from her drawer and fanned it in front of me.

My eyes became watery and I felt like crying.

Krystal why you so nice to me?

I was so touched that I couldn’t say a single word back not even a simple thank you. So instead I used actions to replace my words. I jumped onto Krystal and gave her the tightest hug I ever gave. I felt her punches but I ignored it then it wasn’t just punches she actually kick me away. The kick was pretty strong and I landed on the ground. Although I felt the pain but I was smiling while Krystal beamed me icy cold glares.


I am now standing at a corner of the street waiting for my crush to come pass. Krystal told me that Victoria walk this street every day to get to school. I was nervous and my body was trembling, I don’t know how Victoria will take this but I hope she takes this as a simple friends-watching-a-musical-together kind of thing. I was in my own world practicing my own speech of how I should invite Victoria to this musical.

“Victoria, I’ve got tickets... No. Do you want to go to this musical with me?”

I was so into my practice speech where I didn’t felt somebody was behind me until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Victoria standing in front of me smiling sweetly.

“Hey Amber what are you doing here?’

I felt my heart thumping faster than before as we’re just alone on the street. I was holding the tickets in my hand and instead of telling her I want to invite her to this musical my shaking hands handed her the tickets.

“What’s this? OMG! Tickets for “All Day Love” musical?” Victoria took the tickets and she jumped happily up and down.

She’s so cute.

“Umm... I wonder... if you... have time to watch this with... me?” I stuttered through my sentence. I was ready for her to say a no but surprisingly she said yes.

“I’d love to!” Again her cuteness is too dazzling.

“Come on let’s go to school.” She pulled the frozen me along with her.

I have no idea how I got to school but I did and when Victoria bid goodbye I didn’t even notice she left.

“Hello~~~ Amber back to earth!”

I was back to earth and Krystal was right in front of my face.

“Success?” She smirked.

A smile crept on my face unknowingly and I nodded.

“Krys, I still can’t believe my dream came true. A date with Victoria Song, it’s all thanks to you.”

“So have you planned where to dinner before the musical and where to go for a late snack after the musical?”

I froze again; I didn’t thought about these things at all. The musical is in two days and I’ve got nothing planned out.

“Krys! You gotta help me out on this.” I pleaded Krystal.

“Umm... Alright, it’s the last time that I’m going to help you.”

“Thanks Krys, I love you.” I quickly hugged Krystal and spun her around.

After school instead of heading back to the dorm, Krystal and I went looking for a romantic restaurant. Krystal did some research at school during her lunch break and I followed her as she led me into different restaurants. We went inside different restaurants to look at the menu and the pricing. We finally decided, actually Krystal finally decided on the last one we visit. And we decide to dine there to test the food first.

“This is one of the best recommended restaurants for couples.” Krystal told me while reading the menu.

We ordered a few dishes and ate it together. I’m glad that I have Krystal here to help out on my planning for the date with Victoria, so I paid for the dinner as a thank you gift.

This was the most nervous time ever in my life. It was the day of the date with Victoria and I dressed up nicely, the clothes that Krystal pick for me especially for this date.

“Amber you look so handsome today.” Krystal walks up and fixed my collar.

“That’s all I can help you with but now you’re on your... achoo! Your own.” She sneezed and I quickly reach out for a tissue to her.

“Krys are you sick?” I must be overly excited that I did not realise Krystal’s pale face.

“I’m alright you don’t need to worry about me.” Her voice was getting soft and her body was getting weak.

I ignored her saying and placed my hand over her forehead. I felt a sudden gush of heat transferring from her forehead to my palm.

“Krys you’re not okay, you’re burning.” I quickly pulled her to her bed and lay her down to rest.

“Krys I’m gonna get you some food now you can’t take medicine with an empty stomach.”

I felt a tug and it was no one other than Krystal.

“You should get going you’re going to be late.”

“Hey it’s okay, I can just cancel the dinner but I can’t leave you lying sick alone.” I didn’t let Krystal to say another word and I left our room to get some food.

After getting food for Krystal and before entering back in our room I dialled Victoria’s number. I honestly told her that Krystal is sick and I can’t make it to dinner. She was worry too and wanted to come over to visit but I told her I’m there to take care of Krystal and I don’t want her getting sick too. I came back and Krystal fell asleep already. Sweats formed on her forehead and I went and got a wet towel to lay on top of her forehead. The whole time I sat next to Krystal, I stared at her with a worried look and constantly rinsing the towel with warm water. Krystal finally woke up, her burning was down a bit but she was still looking weak. I told Krystal to freshen up by taking a warm shower while I reheat the food that I brought her. She walks out looking a bit more energetic than before.

“Smell good. I’m so hungry!”

She immediately gobbles down the food that was prepared in front of her. I find that part of her so amusing and cute.

“Slow down no one’s going to steal your food.” I chuckled.

“Amber why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be at the musical with Victoria unnie?” was still filled with food.

“I cancelled it. I told her to find another friend to watch it with her.”

“Why? I thought this date was important to you?”

“Yeah it’s important but you’re more important.” I felt myself blushing from that line.

Why did I say that?

I saw her blushing as well but then she continued to finish the food while I occasionally took glances of her.


The next day I apologised to Victoria personally since I ditched her on the last minute. Instead of being angry she thanked me for the tickets and said the musical was fabulous. Although I miss out on my first date with Victoria but I did not regret it because I felt I’m a step closer to Victoria now and I don’t feel nervous whenever I’m around her.

I guess my little crush on Victoria was over as we got to know each other more. She feels more like an older sister to me, always so caring and kind. But as Victoria and I got closer it felt I’m distanced with Krystal. I don’t know why but Krystal has been acting cold and like the time we just met. Times when she spend most of her day outside and only comes back to sleep. Once she’s back she would quickly shower and sleep, I couldn’t even squeeze in her time to have a chat with her. I don’t like the way she’s been acting and I miss spending times with Krystal alone.

Do I have feelings for Krystal?

I was sitting on my bed waiting for Krystal to come back. I had enough of her avoiding me and I decide to get things clear up even if I have to force her down. The door opened and Krystal immediately heads to the bathroom but before she could reach to the bathroom door I pulled her away.

“Krys we seriously need to talk.”

She keeps struggling trying to break free from my grip. But unfortunately it did not work as I was stronger than her. I pinned her onto the wall and we’re only an inch apart. I could feel her bust slightly touching mine.

“Why are you avoiding me? What happened, did I do something wrong?” I asked with pleading eyes.

“Nothing’s wrong.”

“You can’t lie; I know there’s something wrong between us.”

“No! There’s nothing wrong.” She raised her voice and I see tears swelling up in her eyes.

“Please just tell me what happened?” Again I look at her with my pleading eyes.

“If you want to know what happened, this is what happened!”

The next second I felt a pair of lips on mine. It took me 5 seconds to get into me that Krystal was kissing me. And without wasting another second I returned the kiss passionately, the kiss went deeper and deeper until oxygen was necessary. We broke apart both panting heavily and exchanging eye contact.

“I think I lo...” I knew what she wanted to say but I didn’t want her to confess first. So I sealed her lips with mine and we shared another passionate kiss.

Once we broke apart I took the chance to confess first.

“I love you.”

“What about Victoria unnie?” She asked still not believing me.

“It’s over. Towards Victoria it’s only a simple crush the one I love is you.”

A smile finally crept up her face and we closed the gap once again and shared another passionate kiss. For the third time we broke apart both gasping for oxygen.

“Never knew a geek could be such a good kisser.” Krystal teasingly said.

“I guess watching anime helps.” I jokingly replied back.

“ ones?”

“How did you know?” I chuckled.

“So what else did you learn from watching anime?” She seductively asked as she breathes in my right ear.

I felt my ears getting hot and her breathe was like sending a tingling sensation down my spine.

“A lot of stuffs...” I whispered back just like what she did.