Chapter 5

Special Agent In LOVE (Hiatus)

The next day

 

In the early morning Taeyeon has woken up. He started his day with stretching his body. After fully awake, he goes downstairs to the dining room and makes 2 bowls of cereals. He pours the milk and adds some raspberries as the topping, and then he look at his wristwatch ‘Its 7 already and she hasn’t woken up yet?’ Taeyeon thought.

He go upstairs and knocked the door of the room where Jessica sleeping at. “Hey Sooyeon-ah, are you ready yet?” Taeyeon half-shouted. But there is no response from the Jessica. Taeyeon decided to get in the room. When he opens the doors, the room is dark and he could see Jessica still lying in her bed unmoved.

Taeyeon open the curtains and let the sun enlighten the room. Jessica moaned from the tapping sun-light against her face. She opens her eyes slowly and greeted by Taeyeon’s face.

“Hey you sleepy head, let’s go down stairs and get some breakfast.” Taeyeon said softly patting Jessica’s head.

“Hum Taengoo, what time is it?” Jessica yawned while stretching her hands.

“It’s 7 in the morning. Hurry gets your out of bed.” Taeyeon chuckled.

 

After they had finished their meal, they quickly go preparing before take off to the hospital.

Taeyeon had been waiting in his Black RX9 for god knows how long but Jessica hasn’t ready yet. “Sooyeon-ah, are you ready yet?” Taeyeon shouted.

After some minutes, Jessica comes out. “Okay Tae, I’m ready.” Jessica got in the car. Soon Taeyeon sped his way through the road.

 

When they had reached the hospital, Jessica got off first while Taeyeon have to parking the car “You go first and check how she is going okay?” Taeyeon said.

“Okay. Don’t take too long.” Jessica said walked off to the ICU department.

Jessica opens the door of Louis’s ward and unexpectedly she has woken up already.

“Oh, you’ve woken up already. How do you feel now?” Jessica walked near the bed looked at her patient.

“A bit dizzy when I woke up but the rest is fine.” Louis answered.

“Wow. You really are amazing. Your recovery is so fast.” Jessica said while looked at the monitor that showing Louis’s temperature body, heart rate, blood pressure, etc. “No wonder you’ve got high position in FBI.” Jessica muttered.

“Huh? How did you know that I’m an FBI?” Louis staring at Jessica in confused.

“I told her.” Taeyeon come in bringing plastic bag. “It’s ok right, Louis.” He asked the blonde.

“Well, I can’t help it if you were the one who told her.” Louis sighed in boredom.

“Hey come on, cheer up a bit will you? I brought some fruits for you. ” Taeyeon chuckled and drop the plastic bag at the table near the bed.

“Ah right, you guys haven’t know each other. Lemme introduce you Louis, this is Jessica my childhood friend. Jessica, this is Louis my partner in crime.” Taeyeon said.

“Nice to meet you, Jessica.” Louis said.

“Yeah, nice to meet you too.” Jessica nodded.

“Hey Tae, I don’t know you have another friends. Especially it’s a woman.” Louis asked with eyebrows furrowed.

“Correction, she is my childhood friend.” Taeyeon said.

“H-huh. What is that suppose to mean? He doesn’t have another friends?” Jessica butted in the conversation.

“Well, his personality when it comes to friend zone is really bad. When he got paired up with another officer for a mission then he will reject them and go by his self. He is a cold person.” Louis smiled explaining thoroughly.

“R-really?” Jessica surprised and look at Taeyeon with scrutinizing eyes.

“You and your mouth Louis.” Taeyeon rolled his eyes and looked away from Jessica stare.

“How did you manage to befriend with him then?” Jessica asked curious.

“It’s a long long story.” Louis chuckled.

“Okay that’s enough about me.” Taeyeon interrupt them.

“Come on Taengoo~, I want to hear more about you.” Jessica pouted her lips and whined.

“You can hear more when she has fully recovered. Anyway, how is her condition? She seems great now.” Taeyeon asked Jessica.

“Ah right, her recovery is unexpectedly fast. I think she will be moved to regular ward soon after 3 or 4 more days.” Jessica explained.

“Oh really, that’s good news then. You heard that Louis.” Taeyeon said.

“Yeah, its to be here. I can’t go out as I please.” The blonde said.

“Then you should rest now, eat properly and take your medicine too.” Jessica chuckled.

“Well, I think I have to go now.” Taeyeon said.

“Oh, are you going somewhere Tae?” Louis asked.

“Yeah, since you got hospitalized so I have to make a report and go to headquarter by myself.” Taeyeon said.

“Oh right. Good luck then and thanks for the fruits.” Louis said.

“No problem, See you later.” Taeyeon about to walk out of the room but a soft yet firm hand stopped him.

“H-headquarter, so it’s means you are going to states?” Jessica asked.

“Yeah, I need to send my report personally.” Taeyeon said.

“When are you coming back?” Jessica tightened her hold.

“Uhmm, I’m not sure. Maybe after four days or a week?” Taeyeon said.

“C-can’t you just send the report and comeback here immediately? It’s been a long time and you are leaving again?” Jessica mumbled.

“Well, if you say so then I will.” Taeyeon smiled patting her head.

“Give me your phone.” Jessica demanded. Taeyeon give his phone immediately.

After Jessica’s phone ringed she give back the phone to him.

“I’ve saved my number there. You have to call me after you reached the states.” Jessica said.

“Okay.” Taeyeon chuckled.

“Be careful on your way, Taengoo.” Jessica muttered.

“Yeah, see you.” Taeyeon smiled, and walked out of the wards.

“See you.” Jessica mumbled.

Louis just chuckled seeing them. “Seems like someone is falling head over heels with our Special Agent.” She teased the raven-haired doctor.

Jessica blushed with the mention by her own patients. "P-please don’t tell him.” She pleaded.

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell a single word.” Louis assured.

 

 

Taeyeon was busy in front of his computer monitor typing the report for the deputy. After he finished the report he printed it and put in the report inside the folder, then he packed all stuffs he need and then he transform into a light and he charge in through the sky. In a minute he arrived at the front gate of Edgar Hoover building.

“Good evening sir.” The officer greeted as Taeyeon stepped in the lobby.

Taeyeon just nodded and walked past them to the elevator.


*Ding* Taeyeon reached the top floor and quickly walked to the office of Deputy. Taeyeon knocked the door, “Come in” Taeyeon open the door and get in the office.

“Oh Tae, when did you come?” Deputy Mark asked.

“I have arrived just now. I came here to give you the report.” Taeyeon sat on the couch comfortably.

“I heard that Louis got hospitalized. How is she doing?” Deputy Mark curiously asked.

“She was admitted to the biggest hospital in Seoul yesterday. Rest assured that she is doing fine, and approximately she might leave the hospital in a week.” Taeyeon said.

“Ah really? That’s impressive.” Deputy Mark amazed by the news.

“I know. Anyway here is my report.” Taeyeon open the case and take out the folder and give it to the deputy.

Deputies open the folder and read the report. “So, the mission has officialy completed. Are you going to stay at Korea or go to vacation somewhere?” Deputy Mark asked.

“I think I will move to our Legat office at Seoul for good, I’ve met her.” Taeyeon said.

“Her? Who?” Deputy asked in confusion.

“Jung Sooyeon, the girl who used to accompany me in your like-hell training.” Taeyeon smiled.

“Ah, the girl that used so clingy to you huh? She’s quite irritating in the past. So you are planning to stay at Korea? Are you sure?” Deputy Mark asked.

“Yeah, I’ve never been so sure in my life.” Taeyeon said.

“Well, I won’t hold you then.” The old man in his 60s smiled.

“Tsk. Even if you trying to stop me I would still leave this place.” Taeyeon said uninterested.

“I can’t help it then.” Deputy Mark grinned.

“I’ll take my leave first then. I have to pack all my stuffs here.” Taeyeon said walked out of the office.

Taeyeon get in his own office and looked around. ‘I will miss this room.’ He thought.

Taeyeon quickly pack all his stuffs. After he has finished packing, he takes a rest on the sofa. In a few minutes Taeyeon has drifted into deep slumber.

After an hour of sleeping Taeyeon woke up and look at his wristwatch showing it’s almost midnight. He grabbed his suitcase and transform into light and reflect his body to the sky.

After arrived at his office (Seoul) he quickly pulled out his phone and search Jessica number “Hmm? There isn’t any Sooyeon’s name here.” Taeyeon mumbled. He scrolled through his contact list and there is ‘Jessica❤’. “Ah, she put in her English name.” Taeyeon muttered and called Jessica immediately.

“Hello, is it you Taengoo?” Jessica picked up the call.

“Yeah Sooyeon-ah.” Taeyeon said.

“Why did you call? Aren’t you supposed to turn off your phone when you’re inside plane?” Jessica asked.

“Actually, I’m not going to states. I’ve just send my report via e-mail.” Taeyeon lied.

Oh really? That’s great then.” Jessica said happily.

“Tsk tsk tsk, look at this kid. Are you that happy when I said I’m not going to states?” Taeyeon teased.

It’s not like that.” Jessica stuttered “Anyway, are you going to pick me up later?” Jessica changed the topic immediately.

“Sure, what time did your shift ended?” Taeyeon asked.

Hum, it’s around five till six.” Jessica said.

“Okay, I’ll be there at five.” Taeyeon said.

Okay. Bye Taengoo! See you later.” Jessica said cheerfully.

“Yeah, see you later.” Taeyeon chuckled and hung up.

 

Taeyeon look at clock hanging in the wall “There is still 4 hours before 5. What should I do to kill the time?” Taeyeon mumbled.

Taeyeon get in his car and roaming around the roadside streets stalls. He stopped near the rice cakes vendor and get out of his car.

“Aunty, please give me 3 sets of teokbokki. And wrapped it too please.” Taeyeon ordered.

“Please wait for minutes.” The aunty said. After 10 minutes Taeyeon’s order has been all wrapped.

“Here’s your order Mister.” The aunty smiled.

Taeyeon took the boxes and give plenty of money “Thanks aunty. You can take the change.” He said and smiled back. He gets in his car and sped his way to the hospital.

 

Unknown for Taeyeon, there is someone had been watching him all the time inside the tent. “Confirmed sir, it is really him.” The unknown man answered the phone while smirked to himself.

 

Taeyeon get inside Louis’s ward and see the blonde talking on the phone.

“Yes mom, I’m fine. You don’t have to!” Louis sighed and looked at Taeyeon.
“Oh well, the doctor is here. I’m hung up first okay.” Louis said.

 

“Hey Tae, you came again today. Too bad your girlfriend had just left 15 minutes ago. There is another emergency patient.” The blonde said.

“Huh? She is not my girlfriend you dumb.” Taeyeon hit Louis’s head with plastic spoon.

“Ouch, hey! I’m a patient too you know.” Louis whines and rubbed the spot that Taeyeon hit.

“Serve you right. Here, I brought some snack. You must be sick with the hospital’s food.” Taeyeon give the wrapped teokbokki to her.

“Aww, thanks Tae.” Louis opens the box and ate them immediately.

“Hey hey hey, take it slow will you. You might puke them out when I told you about the news.” Taeyeon scold the blonde.

“Hmm, what is it?” Louis asked while munching the rice cake.

“Finish your food first.” Taeyeon said.

After some minutes, Louis has eaten all the rice cakes. “So, what is it?” Louis asked.

“Well, we’re going to stay here in Korea. I have requested to Deputy Mark, and he confirmed it.” Taeyeon said.

“That’s it? I thought you will ask me to help your new mission or something.” Louis said nonchalantly.

“Don’t worry, I won’t ask your help anymore.” Taeyeon said sarcastically.

“Hahaha, hey I was joking earlier.” Louis said nudging Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Tsk, looks like you have recovered fast enough that you could joking around.” Taeyeon said.

“Yeah, thanks to your ‘Girlfriend’, I will be moved to regular ward tomorrow.” Louis emphasized the girlfriend part and quickly took a pillow and uses it as her shield.

Taeyeon was going to hit the pillow but halted when the door opened “Louis, it’s time for your med-, oh Taengoo! What are you doing here? It’s haven’t reached 5pm yet.” The raven-haired Doctor surprised.

“There is nothing to do in the office so I come earlier. And I brought some teokbokki, there is yours too.” Taeyeon said.

“Ah thanks Taengoo. Here is your pill, Louis.” Jessica handed the medicine and glass of water.

“Thanks.” Louis took the pills and swallowed them immediately.

“Ahh, the other patients is giving me a hard time lately.” Jessica takes a sit beside Taeyeon and sighed.

“Take a break first and eat your food.” Taeyeon handed the rice cakes.

“I’m tired Tae. I’ll eat them later.” Jessica said while patting her shoulder.

“Here open your mouth. I will feed you.” Taeyeon pick some rice cakes.

“Ugh Taengoo! I’m not a kid anymore for Pete’s s sake.” Jessica whined.

“You should eat them when it’s still warm. Open your mouth.” Taeyeon insisted.

Jessica open shyly, tinged of pink showing on her cheeks.

“My my, look at this two love sick. Go lovey dovey at your house.” Louis said.

“Shut up!” Both Jessica and Taeyeon said simultaneously. They both looked at each other and then burst out laughing.

Louis can’t help but chuckled seeing the cute side of them.