Chapter 4

Special Agent In LOVE (Hiatus)

Feeling - 씨엔블루

 

 

“J-Jessica?” Taeyeon froze and unmoved in his place.

“Oh, Taeyeon?” Jessica surprised as well. “What are you doing here?” Jessica asked.

“I’m the one who bring her here. How is she?” Taeyeon asked nervously.

“We have to move her to the ICU, what is your relationship with her?  We need a confirmation from her family or someone who related to her for fill out the admission form so we can treat her immediately.” Jessica explained.

“I’m her friend, I will take care the admission so please help her first.” Taeyeon said.

After Taeyeon has filled out the hospital admission, he goes straight to the ICU Department’s waiting room. Almost 5 hours Louis had been moved to ICU and Taeyeon still waited, curious how the operation is going inside the ward. Taeyeon felt sleepiness and fatigue took over him as he struggling to keep his eyes open and stay awake. Within a minute Taeyeon had been drifted to sleep.

After 6 hours the operation completed and Jessica comes out of the ward. She watches the sleeping figure on the couch. Amazed by the muscular body which slightly rounded the coat he wore, she looks at his tempting shaped jaw. Jessica leans closer and sees Taeyeon’s face scrutinizingly ‘When I look at you closer your face look familiar, have I meet you before?’ Jessica wondered. Suddenly, Taeyeon open his eyes became aware the feeling of someone staring at him.

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon mumbled.

Jessica startled by the sudden question after got caught staring at him. Jessica straightened and cleared “I w-was about to wake you up, but seems like I don’t have to do that.” Jessica murmured nervously, red crimson leaked into her cheeks.

“Anyway, how is her condition?” Taeyeon changed the subject, found the atmosphere kind of awkward.

“Uhh, she’s still unconscious but she has passed the critical phase. But still, She require close invasive monitored and support from specialist equipment and medication.” Jessica explained.

“That bad?” Taeyeon asked, guiltiness all over him.

“Well, she is a strong woman. If you don’t mind, what’s happened to her?” Jessica feels bad for him.

‘Should I tell her what happened?’ Taeyeon thought.

“It’s okay, if you don’t feel like to tell me now. I understand.” Jessica smiled in concern.

“Actually, there is something happened in the hotel’s lobby. There is an explosion and she’s happened to be there.” Taeyeon’s faces darken.

“Oh my god!” Jessica shocked after heard what Taeyeon said. “It’s a miracle that she’s managed to survive from that.” Jessica exclaimed and soon regretted what she said after see Taeyeon’s face darkened.

‘And that’s all my entirely fault.’ Taeyeon told to his self as he ran his finger through his hair.

Jessica bit her lower lip didn’t know what to do but then a nurse come out “Doc, the patient has regained conscious!” The nurse reported.

After heard what the nurse said Taeyeon’s face lightened. He quickly stood up but then Jessica stopped him.

“You should stay here first. I will make sure that she is okay enough, and then you can see her." Jessica holds Taeyeon shoulder and gives him a convincing smile.

After 15 minutes the nurse comes out “Mr. Taeyeon? You can come in now.” She said.

When Taeyeon come in, he sees Louis’s lying on the bed with bandages wrapped around her body. “Hey, how are you doing?” Taeyeon asked softly.

“H-hey Kim. I’m g-good.” Louis answered weakly.

“*chuckle*you are really bad at lying, you know that? I’ve almost had a heart attack because of you.” Taeyeon said.

‘K-Kim? His surname is Kim? As in Kim Taeyeon? It can’t be.’ Jessica thought in confusion. She quickly left the room.

“A-are they the ter-” “Yeah, they are.” Taeyeon interrupt her.

“They were arrested, thanks to you.” Taeyeon said.

Louis about to say something but stopped by Taeyeon “I’m sorry, you almost died because of me.” Taeyeon apologized.

“Its okay y-you dumb. That’s my j-job as an e-executive assistant director.” Louis muttered weakly.

*chuckle* “You should rest for now, if you want to recover soon.” Taeyeon sighed in relief.

“Y-yeah, you should t-take a rest too.” Louis said.

“Well, I’m leaving.” Taeyeon said.

When Taeyeon stepped out of the ward he greeted by the back of the raven-haired doctor.

“Oh Doctor, is it okay to lea-” Taeyeon stopped what he was going to say when Jessica turn her head and looked at him with her puffy glistened-eyes full of tears.

“Taengoo, is that you?” Jessica asked as shed of tears dropped from her eyes.

Taeyeon froze after he heard the old nickname that he hasn’t hear for a long time. “S-sooyeon-ah” He mumbled.

In a second Taeyeon had been engulfed by a tight hug. “You fool” Jessica hit Taeyeon’s chest constantly. “Why, w-why don’t you tell me that it was you?! Am I a stranger to you?!” Jessica sob become more louder.

Taeyeon got paralyzed by the sudden hug “T-that’s not what I mean Sooyeon-ah.” Teayeon got flustered so he just holds her and patted her back softly.

“Why then?” Jessica raised her head and locked her eyes with the gentle brown orbs.

“It’s complicated” Taeyeon murmured. “Anyway, it’s great to see you again, Sooyeon.” Taeyeon smiled patting Jessica’s head.

“You don’t know how much I missed you, Taengoo.” Jessica said. Tighten the hug.

“H-hey, you do realize we’re still in hospital, don’t you?” Taeyeon loosen the hug and looked away from Jessica’s gaze.

“Let’s talk somewhere else.” Jessica grabbed Taeyeon’s wrist.

 

At the café near the hospital Taeyeon and Jessica sat facing each other.

“So, I’ve been working with FBI for 15 years. I was on my duty since the first time we met at the hotel, and I managed to catch the culprit thanks to my partner help. But now she got hospitalized because of me.” Taeyeon explained.

“Oh, she is working for FBI too? It makes sense now. She is so strong.” Jessica surprised.

“Yeah, she is the Executive Assistant Director not for nothing.” Taeyeon chuckled after looked at Jessica’s expression.

“Whoa really? What about you?” Jessica looks at Taeyeon.

“Huh? What about me?” Taeyeon pretend to didn’t catch what she means.

“What is your rank?” Jessica asked again with irritated tone.

“Well, I’m the Special Agent in Charge.” Taeyeon said nonchalantly.

“Wow, you must be really-really strong now.” Jessica said with unexpected look.

“You can say so. It’s your turn now.” Taeyeon said expectantly.

“H-huh? What do you mean?” Jessica asked oblivious as always.

“Come on, you had disappeared for 20 years and then suddenly you come back. Tell me how you became a doctor.” Taeyeon said full of hope.

“Hum well. I moved to state and continue my study there. And when I have graduated from the medical university I moved back here and send my applications to the hospital which now I am working at.” Jessica explained.

“I see. That’s why you changed your name to Jessica. Anyway is it okay for you to leave the hospital like this?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah, my shift ended just now. Taengoo, you did said earlier that you was on duty. You’ve caught the culprits, so does that mean you are not staying in the hotel anymore?” Jessica said saddened.

“Yeah, I have my own house so. Do you want to come over and look around? That’s if you are not busy.” Taeyeon offered.

“I would love too!” Jessica answered happily.

 

When they have arrived at Taeyeon’s house, Jessica could see the big house and quickly got off from the car, running around the front main trance smiling and look at Taeyeon which still inside the car. “Taengoo, hurry up.” Jessica half-shouted.

Taeyeon smiled after he sees the raven-haired girl so excited. “Wait for me you little kid!” Taeyeon quickly get off from the car and come toward Jessica.

“I’m not a kid!” Jessica exclaimed and puffed her cheeks.

“But you act like one.” Taeyeon chuckled seeing the girl act cute.

Soon the gate opened after Taeyeon press the bell. “Taeyeon, you are home, and who is the beautiful lady here?” The old man welcomed them.

“Yeah Uncle Park, she is my friend.” Taeyeon said.

“H-hello Mr. Park my name is Jessica.” Jessica bowed politely.

“Ah just call me Uncle. You are so pretty Jessica.” Uncle Park smiled warmly.

“Y-yes. Thank you Uncle.” Jessica bowed again.

 

Jessica left alone in the living room when Taeyeon said he’ll be back after changes his cloth. She looked around and got startled when she felt a hand tapped her shoulder. “U-uncle Park, you startled me there.” Jessica sighed.

“Ahh I’m sorry if I did. You must be Sooyeon right?” Uncle Park asked.

“H-how did you know my Korean name?” Jessica confused.

“I’ve heard a lot about you from Taeyeon.” Uncle Park chuckled.

“O-oh, so Taeyeon is the one who told you my name. Uhm, what did he told you about me? H-has he ever said that he misses me?” Jessica asked softly. Tinged of pink on her cheeks could be seen.

“Of course! He has missed you ever since you disappeared.” Uncle Park whispered back smiling.

“What are you guys talking about?” Taeyeon suddenly come out with his casual wore.

“N-nothing. Right uncle?” Jessica stuttered nervously asking for backup.

“Yeah, we just were talking about some stuff.” Uncle Park chuckled seeing Jessica got panicked. Jessica sighed in relief after heard that.

“You guys look suspicious.” Taeyeon said, eyebrows furrowed. “Anyway I’m hungry, so what do you wants for dinner Sooyeon-ah? I’m cooking.” Taeyeon asked.

“You are cooking? Can I help you?” Jessica asked.

“Sure. Anything would do for you right, Uncle Park?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah, everything you cooked fine for me.” Uncle Park answered.

 

In the kitchen, Taeyeon is washing the ingredients while Jessica preparing the utensils for cook.

“What are you going to cook Tae?” Jessica asked curious.

“Simple kimchi fried rice.” Taeyeon answered.

“Okay.” Jessica tried to pick the large skillet that hanged on the top cabinet but she couldn’t reach it.

And then suddenly a muscular arm grabbed it easily. “Here” Taeyeon give the skillet to Jessica.

“T-thanks” Jessica said.

Both busy doing their own parts as Taeyeon easily chopping the ingredients while Jessica is a bit struggled at scrambling the eggs.

“You should pour the oil more or the eggs might get all burnt.” Taeyeon took Jessica hands which grabbed the spatula and stir the eggs.

“O-oh okay.” Jessica blushed by the sudden touch.

 *CLANK* A loud lightning sounds echoed through the house followed by the sounds of droplets water of rainfalls.

“AHH!” Jessica screamed and dropped the spatula then hug Taeyeon’s arm.

“Hey you okay?” Taeyeon worriedly ask the girl.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine. That lightning shocked me.” Jessica said pick up the spatula back.

 

After they done with the cooking and ate them all they take a rest at the living room.

“Thanks for the food Taengoo. You are the best!” Jessica smiled cheerfully raise her thumbs up.

“I know.” Taeyeon said smiled back. “Anyway, do you want to spend the night here? It’s late.” Taeyeon asked.

“Will it be okay?” Jessica asked back.

“Yeah, you can sleep in the guest room.” Taeyeon said.

“Okay.” Jessica said, nodded her head. “I’ll stay the night here.” She said and saw a smiled form on Taeyeon’s face.

“But I don’t have clothes to sleep in.” Jessica said.

The smile momentarily vanished from his face. She noticed that Taeyeon’s eyes were lowered to her attire. Taeyeon lean his head in thoughts and then a smile formed on his lips once again.

“I can lend you something to sleep in.” Taeyeon said.

Taeyeon got up from his seat and go upstairs to his own room. After 3 minutes or so, Taeyeon come down with a pair of sweat pants and a big t-shirts in his hands.

“I think these will do.” Taeyeon said handed the clothes to Jessica. The raven-haired girl took the clothes.

“Let’s go upstairs. I will show you the room.” Taeyeon said.

 

“This is your room. My room is right next to you so if you need anything just tell me okay.” Taeyeon said looked at Jessica.

“Oh, okay. Thanks for the clothes, Taengoo.” Jessica smiled.

“Yeah. Good night, Sooyeon-ah.” Taeyeon said softly smiled back.

Jessica come closer to Taeyeon and kissed his left cheeks. “Night, Taengoo.” Jessica whispered in his ear and then hurriedly got in to her room.

Taeyeon just chuckled seeing the childish Jessica.