Chapter 2

Special Agent In LOVE (Hiatus)

LAX Airport
L A, USA

 

Jessica’s POV

 

“I will miss you Jane.” I hugged Jane.

“Me too Jess. Call me when you arrived at Korea, okay!” She said.

“Of course, I will call you straight after I reached Korea.” I said smiled.

“Take care yourself, don’t forget your lunch time!” She said with serious expression.

“I won’t, mommy!” I chuckled.

I look at my wristwatch “My flight schedule is going to departure in 2 hours, I guess it’s our departure time.” I muttered.

“Y-yeah it is.” She said, holding her sobs.

“Hey, no tears please.” I hugged her for the last time. “Take care yourself.” I mumbled. Jane is like a sister to me. She would always be there whenever I need her the most.

I look at the terminal section and following the direction. I climb the stairs to the airplane and looking for business class section. After I found my seats I quickly sat on and relaxing, the tension headaches aren’t helping. I open my bag and took some aspirin then I gulped them in second.

“I think it’s going to be a long, long flight. I should take a nap first.” I changed the seat to sleeping mode and without realizing, I had been drifted to dreamland.

After 6 hours of sleep I woke up with empty stomach, so I ordered some salad and orange juice. Within 30 minutes waiting, at last the food arrived. After I finished my brunch I feel boredom all over me.

 

 

“Sooyeon-ah wake up.” Mrs. Jung shaking her daughter.

“Mom?*yawn*” Sooyeon stirred. ” what time is it now?” She asked her mother, her eyes still blurry.

“It’s still early sweet heart, we’re going to leave this place.” Mrs. Jung said.

“Leave? Why?” Sooyeon asked her mother.

“Let’s get you ready first okay? You’re dad will tell you later. We have a flight to catch up to. Your cloth and stuff is packed already.” Mrs. Jung explained.

After take a bath and all, Sooyeon and Mrs. Jung get in the car with Mr. Jung driving.

“Dad, where are we going?” Sooyeon asked her father.

“We’re going to leave Korea and take a flight to USA, sweet heart. Daddy got a new job and you could start your study there.” Mr. Jung explained.

“But I haven’t said good bye to Taengoo!” Sooyeon exclaimed.

“Taengoo? Who is that?” Mrs. Jung asked.

“He is my friend, he is strong and cool. He saved me from the boys who bullied me.” Sooyeon told her mother smiled happily.

“When we arrived at USA you will got a new friends Sooyeon-ah.” Mr. Jung said.

*Then I would have become a doctor so I could cure you if you got injured*

*That would be great!* Taeyeon’s smiled face come in to Sooyeon’s mind.

 

 

'Taengoo, How are you doing?' I smiled, reminded of my childhood memory.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is an announcement. There is a very ill person onboard. By any chance if there is a doctor among you passengers, please contact the flight attendants or please come to the first class section.” The announcement snapped me out of my thought.

I quickly bring my bag and go to the first class section, and then I found a woman unconscious wore oxygen mask with a lot of sweats.

“May I take a look?” I asked the stewardess.

“Are you a doctor?” She asked me.

“No, but I’m graduated from medical school.” I said.

Her breathing is unsteady. I should check her blood pressure first. “172 - 169 mmHG.” I open my bag and take a stethoscope to check her heart pulse. 'from my diagnosing she had suffered tension pneumothorax.'

“Is it serious?” One of the stewardesses asked me.

“It seems like that.” I answered.

“Is her guardian here?”I asked.

“I am her mother, please save my daughter!” Woman in her 50s said desperately.

“How long will it be until the landing?” I asked the stewardess.

“We’ve contacted the control tower, but the closest airport that we can get to would be still an hour away.” She said.

 “There is a lot of air and water in her lung. If I do CPR now she could die from it.” I explained.

“We don’t have time. We can buy time by pulling the air out of her lung with these syringes. That’s all we can do now, there is nothing else.” I wash my hand with alcohol and take out the syringes then stab it to her chest. I do it constantly. I check her pulse and it’s beating regularly.

I sighed “Her blood pressure and pulse is becoming stabilized, but we shouldn’t let our guard down. You should keep checking her blood pressure and pulse. The medical team is waiting at the airport, right?” I asked the stewardess.

“Yes, they are waiting for us.” She said.

“*nod*good, she might be able to hold on for another 30 minutes. I think my work here is done.” I said.

“T-thank you so much for saving my daughter! How should I repay you?” The woman said.

“Ah no it’s okay, you don’t have to repay me or anything. It’s my pleasure to save people’s life.” I muttered. I bring my stuff and go back to business section.

 

“aaah its feel great to save people’s live. And now I’m tired, I’m going to sleep again.”I sighed.

 

I woke up when I feel someone tap my shoulder “Miss, we’ve reached the destination.” The stewardess said.

“Oh okay, thanks for waked me up.” I said.

 

*It’s been a long time* Jessica smiled. I turn on my phone and there are 2 messages.

 

 

From: Mom

Sweet heart, please call me if you have reached Korea okay.

Love,

Mom

 

 

I pulled out my phone and press the 1st button speed dial. “H-hello, Sooyeon-ah?” My mom sounds like just woke up from sleep.

“Sorry mom, did I woke you up?” I asked her.

It’s okay sweet heart*yawn*, have you arrived at Korea? I missed you already sweetie.” Mom said.

“I miss you too mom, I arrived just now.” I said smiled.

Is that so, take care yourself and don’t skip your lunch time.” Mom said.

“Yes mom I got it. You should go back to sleep now, don’t want you to get sick.” I said.

“*chuckle*okay  Sooyeon-ah, love you.” Mom whispered with joking tone.

“Love you too mom, and say hi to dad too.” I whisper back.

Will do.” Mom said then she hung up first.

 

I open the other message.

 

From: Human resources department of Asan Medical Center

Thank you for your interest in employment with Asan Medical Center.
 

Please bring your copy of medical license (required). We hope that you will find our application system and easy to navigate through.
 

However, should you need any assistance, please contact us directly by calling *** - ***** and someone will be happy to assist you.
 

Applications will be accepted between the hours of 07:00 am and 02:00 pm, Monday – Friday.

 

 

I smiled after I read the message.”Yeaaaah” I shouted happily like a mad person, and then I stopped after I feel everyone on the airport staring at me.

I bowed at them and muttered “I’m sorry” repeatedly.

I quickly go stop a taxi and hop in “Take me to Lotte hotel world.” I told the driver.

“Okay miss”

'I would become a doctor soon, Taenggo.' Jessica smiled happily.